Bottega Veneta Cabat?

So, so gorgeous. These bags really are prices of art.

I had the fortune of going to the Bottega offices in New York and and playing with a woven crocodile cabat. Retail price was $75,000.

Ryan

Reactions: jbags07
So fun! They weren't doing anything special with it; it was just tossed on a desk. There was also a cabat in black patent that was stunning. I believe the retail on that was a much more "reasonable" $13,000.

You've already seen the patent bags?! How AWESOME! Are they as fabulous as the regular Nappa ones? Did the patent detract from the softness that BV bags are known for?

You've already seen the patent bags?! How AWESOME! Are they as fabulous as the regular Nappa ones? Did the patent detract from the softness that BV bags are known for?

The patent cabat was totally chic. Due to the finish on patent I think it's hard (impossible?) to make it supple. The bag was "firm" and definitely not soft like the nappa bags, but it fit with the look - very elegant.

Ryan

Thanks to the kind lady at the shop who answered my queries:

Nappa
Small - S$5,380
Medium - S$6,780
Large - Not carried in Singapore

Nappa Umbria
Small - S$5,650
Medium - S$7,130
Large - S$10,290 (sold)

Hope that helps! :smile:

And I think I know who bought the large nappa umbria.
One outspoken guy who snips celebrity and tai-tais' hair for a living. He was recently photographed with a large one. ;)

Just in case, to get the estimated equivalent in US$, just divide the prices so kindly provided by Nymph by 1.5

The patent cabat was totally chic. Due to the finish on patent I think it's hard (impossible?) to make it supple. The bag was "firm" and definitely not soft like the nappa bags, but it fit with the look - very elegant.

Ryan

:nuts: It def looks hot!! Can't wait to see it IRL! Maybe some structure isn't too bad. Especially for the bigger Cabats which are soooo slouchy when empty :yes:

And I think I know who bought the large nappa umbria.
One outspoken guy who snips celebrity and tai-tais' hair for a living. He was recently photographed with a large one. ;)

I don't think it was him though. Think his is from a previous season - cos it was in Silver. I noticed cos I want a silver cabat too!! :crybaby: