The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

hi everyone, so here are the zipped pictures of my safari 42. I am 176 and 55kg, armspan 181.
It looks great zipped on you. Not a look that many of us can pull off.
and...ta daaa! here is my size 40 blazer from winter 2010 that my DH baught me a few weeks ago. It was on sale in the one shop here in Zurich that sells bal pret a porter. check out how long the arms are. It is a really beautifully made jacket and quite thick. the wool is almost a felt. It has had more wears than my moto actually because it is warmer and we have been under snow here for weeks.
cheers!
(my next moto will be a 40) it really does fit me better through the body.
That is gorgeous blazer and fits you perfectly.

Here's a quick mod shot before we headed out to all you can eat sushi :cool: I am glad I went with the 40 in this one-a little more space for layering (thinner and a little softer than my Tempete too)

Wow I look tired here-shows what kind of a month/year I have been having! Eek!

054BCB29-2623-4CFE-BA5F-FFFF790E5481-678-00000086B065139D_zps31cd82d8.jpg
lovely jacket, congrats, you wear it well!

Hi all - I am back! Wow that was the LONGEST 6 days!!!

KC - file a claim.....NOW. Too many red flags - stock photos, sudden availablility of jackets that are hard to come by.....no communication.....no jacket. I think you would get the same advice and maybe even some more feedback from the ebay forum - have you used toolhaus to look at this seller??

Susan - wow your hair and moto are gorgeous.

My trip was awful - I spent the whole time isolating myself or not being able to keep up with the group on rides.....I have resigned from the team and feel such a sense of RELIEF. I now can race only when I want to - and I can train whenever I want and with whomever I want.....I will miss some things about being on a team....but my friends on the team will remain my friends.....so I will get over this....thanks for all of the support here on the forum.

I can't stop wearing my black moto.....and I am guilty of "moto-abuse"....on the plane home I turned it inside out and laid it on top of my PS bag on the floor of the seat in front of me.......I just didn't want it up in the overhead. Then it was raining when we got back and a teammate and I had to load three bikes into the back of my truck....so my moto got wet too.....but really it looks fine :smile:

Trying to catch up here - but just to be sure - no one has seen any pine green or royal blue classic motos in 40/42 or even a 44 running around have they???

Oh and I didn't gain weight at camp....that was a good thing with all of the food we had available.....now to get some weight OFF!!!!!

Happy to be back!

Susan and Wantone! Great Pic's to wake up to. I love the coloring of the jacket with your hair Susan, and Wantone, what a great neutral you found! How great that scarf with the 2nd jacket is awesome!

Dragonette: Love both tutu's the pink is super cute!

and...ta daaa! here is my size 40 blazer from winter 2010 that my DH baught me a few weeks ago. It was on sale in the one shop here in Zurich that sells bal pret a porter. check out how long the arms are. It is a really beautifully made jacket and quite thick. the wool is almost a felt. It has had more wears than my moto actually because it is warmer and we have been under snow here for weeks.
cheers!
(my next moto will be a 40) it really does fit me better through the body.
Lovely blazer. I love long sleeves, so I definitely get that you appreciate the length!! Your Safari fits you just as nicely, too :smile:

Try the longer layers and show us! :biggrin:

I wish kid shoes looked a little more adult... because I can wear them!
Hah, I'll try, I'll try. I really only buy my Uggs and sometimes Toms in kids sizes LOL.

KC - file a claim.....NOW. Too many red flags - stock photos, sudden availablility of jackets that are hard to come by.....no communication.....no jacket. I think you would get the same advice and maybe even some more feedback from the ebay forum - have you used toolhaus to look at this seller??

My trip was awful - I spent the whole time isolating myself or not being able to keep up with the group on rides.....I have resigned from the team and feel such a sense of RELIEF. I now can race only when I want to - and I can train whenever I want and with whomever I want.....I will miss some things about being on a team....but my friends on the team will remain my friends.....so I will get over this....thanks for all of the support here on the forum.

I can't stop wearing my black moto.....and I am guilty of "moto-abuse"....on the plane home I turned it inside out and laid it on top of my PS bag on the floor of the seat in front of me.......I just didn't want it up in the overhead. Then it was raining when we got back and a teammate and I had to load three bikes into the back of my truck....so my moto got wet too.....but really it looks fine :smile:

Trying to catch up here - but just to be sure - no one has seen any pine green or royal blue classic motos in 40/42 or even a 44 running around have they???

Oh and I didn't gain weight at camp....that was a good thing with all of the food we had available.....now to get some weight OFF!!!!!

Happy to be back!
I'm glad you're feeling a lot better now--as long as you can still do what you love (cycling), then take it at your own pace! It should be something you enjoy and not dread. And, don't worry about moto-abuse...I do a lot worse with mine (I wear mine through rain and snow without second thought)!! x

Happy to be back!

Welcome back Debi! Sounds like you made the right decision for you at this point in your life. If you are no longer having fun then it is time to try something new.

Me and sis (wearing my 2011 black/black under her fur jacket cos she was cold) I noticed it squeaking during the film :smile:

View attachment 2062534

View attachment 2062536

View attachment 2062537

Gorgeus twins together! Happy Birthday to you both!

Guess what's here!!! :yahoo:

525A4661-0EAA-4B84-8579-F85085380471-678-00000086B95B8C6F_zps1151fe28.jpg

YAY!

Here's a quick mod shot before we headed out to all you can eat sushi :cool: I am glad I went with the 40 in this one-a little more space for layering (thinner and a little softer than my Tempete too)

Wow I look tired here-shows what kind of a month/year I have been having! Eek!

054BCB29-2623-4CFE-BA5F-FFFF790E5481-678-00000086B065139D_zps31cd82d8.jpg

Wow, you look fab in it! The colour complements your hair so well! Glad hubby likes it too. Real winner all round :cool:

Too cute :heart:

I need some advice on the two-tone from the French seller...

I bought and paid for it on Jan 20. Handling time was 5 business days.
It was marked shipped on Jan 31.
Estimated delivery window ended on Feb 4.
I sent the seller another message on Feb 5 asking for a tracking number, no response.
It is now Feb 12.

Question for those with experience in getting items shipped from Europe/France... has enough time passed now to file a "Did not receive" complaint with eBay? Should I give it a few more days? This Thursday will be two full weeks since it was marked shipped. I was trying to hold out until then, but that was a lot of money and I am getting really frustrated waiting with no response from the seller.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey KC, I know I'm going against the general consensus here but I would wait just a little longer.. It took longer than that for Choc to reach me (21 days in total) from the States, the difference was that I had GREAT communication with the lovely seller and the tracking number too so I could see that it was just the post being slow.

Postage is just notoriously terrible between Europe and the States. I would however keep insisting that the seller send you some information and threaten them with opening a case unless they respond within 48 hrs and then if they don't reply you should open a case!

Gorgeus twins together! Happy Birthday to you both!

YAY!

Wow, you look fab in it! The colour complements your hair so well! Glad hubby likes it too. Real winner all round :cool:

Too cute :heart:

Hey KC, I know I'm going against the general consensus here but I would wait just a little longer.. It took longer than that for Choc to reach me (21 days in total) from the States, the difference was that I had GREAT communication with the lovely seller and the tracking number too so I could see that it was just the post being slow.

Postage is just notoriously terrible between Europe and the States. I would however keep insisting that the seller send you some information and threaten them with opening a case unless they respond within 48 hrs and then if they don't reply you should open a case!

See I would understand in your case that its just taking long to get oversees but in her case with absolutely no communication thats quite scary and also quite maddening that he cant take the 2 minutes to answer

hi everyone, so here are the zipped pictures of my safari 42. I am 176 and 55kg, armspan 181.

Can't believe how good this looks zipped up! Looking great Wantone x

Welcome back Debi! Sounds like you made the right decision for you at this point in your life. If you are no longer having fun then it is time to try something new.

Welcome back Debi!! I totally agree with Meg on this one. Sounds like you did what you needed to xxx

See I would understand in your case that its just taking long to get oversees but in her case with absolutely no communication thats quite scary and also quite maddening that he cant take the 2 minutes to answer

Very true! I guess I'm just so used to waiting around a month for stuff, that 2 weeks doesn't seem all that long... Sad that a seller with 100% positive feedback can't make the effort to keep their customers happy :tdown:

Very true! I guess I'm just so used to waiting around a month for stuff, that 2 weeks doesn't seem all that long... Sad that a seller with 100% positive feedback can't make the effort to keep their customers happy :tdown:

I guess I should consider myself lucky Ive never had to wait. ive gotten 2 of my jackets in 2 days and even that was torture cause I couldnt wait. I cant even imagine waiting a month

Love both jackets on you...the blazer is so cute!!!! Love it!!!

JDN: so I didn't get in touch with a cobbler yet but I did talk to my dad about it. He owns a lot of leather shoes (your typical "business man" hehe) so I figure he knows a bit about them. He took a look at the cloth I was using to clean my Eternitys and said it looks like mostly dirt. He says there shouldn't be much dye--if anything it may be a protective coating on top that we're removing (which is causing the dull effect we're seeing). He says to try a restorative product that would give it a "shine" again. I'm going to do some research and see what kinds of products people may be using on their boots...

Makes sense...keep me posted :smile:

Happy to be back!

Welcome back d!!! :smile: