VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies. Do you know whether VCA is less expensive in France as it is in the US? I am planning a trip to Paris.

My view is if Hermes is a bust, then there's always VCA.

When are you going? They usually have a price increase every year somewhere between April and May. So, then it would possibly be more expensive. It also depends on the exchange rate that specific day, but keep in mind you do get 12% back (sometimes it takes as long as 3 months later.. do keep that in mind) I have a fantastic personal SA should you need one. I would definitely call ahead so they can assemble everything you would like to look at in one location. There are three VCA boutiques in Paris and one workshop. If you are willing I would love to hear any tips you may have about scoring a bag in Hermes in France! I have wanted one since at least 2005, with absolutely NO lucky :sad: I really hope this will be my lucky trip! Anything you can share with me an SAs name, etc would be most helpful. Please feel free to pm me :smile:. I would love to chat more!

Last edited:
When are you going? They usually have a price increase every year somewhere between April and May. So, then it woukd be possibly more expensive. It also depends on the exchange rate, but keep in mind you do get 12% back (sometimes it takes as long as 3 months later..) I do have a fantastic SA should you need one. I would definitely call ahead so they can assemble everything you would like to look at in one location. There are three VCA boutiques in Paris and one workshop. If you are willing I would love to hear any tips you may have about scoring a bag in Hermes in France! I have wanted one since at least 2005, with absolutely NO lucky :sad: I really hope this will be my lucky trip! Anything you can share with me an SAs name, etc would be most helpful.

I love turquoise and I've been thinking about a 5 motif bracelet or earrings... and came across this and this... I know they're not vca, but awfully close design. I wonder at the price difference.

Who makes these knowing that they're essentially copies? I love the blue color though.

I love turquoise and I've been thinking about a 5 motif bracelet or earrings... and came across this and this... I know they're not vca, but awfully close design. I wonder at the price difference.

Who makes these knowing that they're essentially copies? I love the blue color though.

I'm glad you pointed these out as have been looking at them. I noticed he doesn't have weight listed with the fewer clovers necklace. I love them both.

I would want to know more prominence about the pieces. He is very nice to deal with and purchased from him.

Let us know what you decide.

****Originally Posted by Junkenpo

****Originally Posted by Lonchamp
I'm glad you pointed these out as have been looking at them. I noticed he doesn't have weight listed with the fewer clovers necklace. I love them both.

I would want to know more prominence about the pieces. He is very nice to deal with and purchased from him.

Let us know what you decide.

At these price points ($22,999.00 for a 16") I am really curious....Why wouldn't you spend the extra $$$ and go with the real thing? I could understand if you are getting an awesome deal like a 1/4 or 1/2 the cost of VCA and do not care about buying a name brand piece or cannot afford to, but that does not appear to be the case here. VCA will hold its value for resale and these will not. This is a LOT of money to tie up into a replica and I if you go this route I believe sometime in the future you will regret that you didn't spend the extra money and get VCA. JMHO
****Sorry I cannot get quoting to work for some reason...?...

Last edited:
tbbbjb said:
At these price points ($22,999.00 for a 16") /I am really curious....Why wouldn't you spend the extra $$$ and go with the real thing? I could understand if you are getting an awesome deal like a 1/4 or 1/2 the cost of VCA and do not care about buying a name brand piece or cannot afford to, but that does not appear to be the case here. VCA will hold its value for resale and these will not. This is a LOT of money to tie up into a replica and I if you go this route I believe sometime in the future you will regret that you didn't spend the extra money and get VCA. JMHO

I have to agree with this! WAY too expensive for something not a brand name:sad:

Reactions: Emberi
Looking for suggestions. I want to add a pendant (not pave) to my small collection. I was thinking of a lucky butterfly, a Alhambra or Vintage Alhambra or maybe a clover; white, yellow or pink gold are all possibilities. I currently own:

In Vintage Alhambra:
20 motif wg/mop
10 motif yg/mop
wg/mop reg size ear clips
yg/pave ear clips
wg/mop Magic pendant

Any input is truly appreciated.

Looking for suggestions. I want to add a pendant (not pave) to my small collection. I was thinking of a lucky butterfly, a Alhambra or Vintage Alhambra or maybe a clover; white, yellow or pink gold are all possibilities. I currently own:

In Vintage Alhambra:
20 motif wg/mop
10 motif yg/mop
wg/mop reg size ear clips
yg/pave ear clips
wg/mop Magic pendant

Any input is truly appreciated.

I have the mop Lucky butterfly and *love* it! It is my go to signature piece, my daughter has the sweet mop butterfly. Have you considered Onyx? It is really a great piece to own as well. I notice you have mainly mop. This might be a nice different addition. It is very versatile. The letterwood pendant might be a good option as well. I know you were looking for pendants, but I also highly recommend the small yg or wg frivole earrings. They are lovely and would go nicely with your pieces.

Last edited:
Thanks tbbbjb; I can't get the Lucky butterfly out of my head. I would be considering the tiger's eye or the turquoise (if it is still around). I also like the idea of onyx; I guess I need to try them on and see which one looks best. Thanks again!

I am confused where they think it is worth 23K? Even VCA doesn't charge that much for a 20 motif and this necklace is only 16 inches.

Thanks tbbbjb; I can't get the Lucky butterfly out of my head. I would be considering the tiger's eye or the turquoise (if it is still around). I also like the idea of onyx; I guess I need to try them on and see which one looks best. Thanks again!

Turquoise and Tiger's eye are nice additions as well. I think you need to mix it up a little colorwise and get away from the mop. The Lucky butterfly is really a special piece, but please try on the frivole earrings as well. I think you might really like them and consider them for a future purchase. They mix and match nicely with everything you have. Turquoise will give you a nice pop of color, but you will be a little more limited with it than with the tiger's eye or onyx.

Turquoise and Tiger's eye are nice additions as well. I think you need to mix it up a little colorwise and get away from the mop. The Lucky butterfly is really a special piece, but please try on the frivole earrings as well. I think you might really like them and consider them for a future purchase. They mix and match nicely with everything you have. Turquoise will give you a nice pop of color, but you will be a little more limited with it than with the tiger's eye or onyx.
Oh, don't rule out Malachite. It is coming out and supposed to have a pendant. It is a beautiful green with striations and would be a nice addition but a little more limited as far as versatility goes.

Oh, don't rule out Malachite. It is coming out and supposed to have a pendant. It is a beautiful green with striations and would be a nice addition but a little more limited as far as versatility goes.

And then there is also red carnelian which would also give you a nice pop of color. But with all these choices unless green or red are one of your favorite colors I would go with the tiger's eye butterfly as my first choice and the oynx pendent as my second choice. Both are very verstile and would make a good addition to your collection. Please keep us all posted in your thought process and what you end up with and modeling shots would be the icing on the cake. Have you posted your vca in the vca family thread yet? If not, you really should! You have a beautiful VCA family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.