VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, don't rule out Malachite. It is coming out and supposed to have a pendant. It is a beautiful green with striations and would be a nice addition but a little more limited as far as versatility goes.

I think the Magic malachite pendant is going to be lovely!!

tbbjb-- just tried to pm you but you are over max!

Do any of you ladies wear your pendant alhambra pieces to sleep and in the shower? If so which is the most durable material that can handle it? I'm thinking of a sweet necklace and not sure which one to get. Can mop be worn like that? Also do they make a sweet clover in yg and turquoise?

Do any of you ladies wear your pendant alhambra pieces to sleep and in the shower? If so which is the most durable material that can handle it? I'm thinking of a sweet necklace and not sure which one to get. Can mop be worn like that? Also do they make a sweet clover in yg and turquoise?

There are others will probably disagree, but I would not buy VCA if I were looking for a piece that can be worn all the time. IMO it is just too expensive to take the chance that you might damage it by wearing it in this way. I think you will prolong the life of your piece (and your enjoyment) if you take if off for showering, sleep, and exercise.

VCA does have a section on their website about their stones. What I read about mop there would lead me to believe you wouldn't want to shower in it.

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/the-maison/448/454/Van Cleef & Arpels stones

Maybe something with just gold from the perlee line or the frivole pendant (since it is just gold and diamonds). Or an all gold Alhambra pendant. But, I tend to agree with sbelle, it is FINE jewelry and should be treated as such. However, I think if you go with something all gold without any stones it should be fine. When I wear my diamond studs I tend to wear them 24/7.

I'm very careful with my MOP pieces, take them off, wipe them and put them back in their pouches every night.

I think I told this story a while ago... I met a woman with my Magic MOP pendant at my beach club. I mentioned that I would never wear mine there because I didn't want the sand/water to get to it. Her response surprised me - She said that she'd been wearing it non-stop for a few years! In ocean, shower, etc. I took a step closer to her to look at it and it looked perfectly fine. So who knows?! :confused1:

I'm very careful with my MOP pieces, take them off, wipe them and put them back in their pouches every night.

I think I told this story a while ago... I met a woman with my Magic MOP pendant at my beach club. I mentioned that I would never wear mine there because I didn't want the sand/water to get to it. Her response surprised me - She said that she'd been wearing it non-stop for a few years! In ocean, shower, etc. I took a step closer to her to look at it and it looked perfectly fine. So who knows?! :confused1:

I've sort if wondered about this too!
I used to wear pearls & my VCA mop jewelry all the time. I figured the pearls & mop were from the sea! But I've since become a little more careful. I'd like to be able to give this stuff to my daughter - she seems to admire it. (but she's only 6, so I'm not ready to hand it off yet. Maybe I just need to buy her her own sweet piece!)

The only thing I would wear in the shower is the all gold, not any of the stones.

Yes, they do make sweet clover in YG/turq. You have to special order it.

Wearability depends on your profession too. If you are just a normal housewive with relatively low-level of manual labour, then it should be ok. If you're an Alias SWAT team special operations expert, then wearing VCA is a tad risky.

at these price points ($22,999.00 for a 16") i am really curious....why wouldn't you spend the extra $$$ and go with the real thing? I could understand if you are getting an awesome deal like a 1/4 or 1/2 the cost of vca and do not care about buying a name brand piece or cannot afford to, but that does not appear to be the case here. Vca will hold its value for resale and these will not. This is a lot of money to tie up into a replica and i if you go this route i believe sometime in the future you will regret that you didn't spend the extra money and get vca. Jmho
****sorry i cannot get quoting to work for some reason...?...

i have to agree with this! Way too expensive for something not a brand name:sad:

+1

So I went to VCA and tried on everything! I was going to get the Perlee diamond clover pendant in rose gold and it did not look good . Rose just blends into my skin. It was so soft and not much contrast. That was a let down, then I tried on the magic mop in white gold and it looked nice, but I have no white gold pieces and I don't plan on starting a new collection, lol. Then she placed the Magic pave on my neck. OMG, stunning.

I had gone in looking for the letterwood long pendant and really wanted a necklace. Well, the malachite is coming in the same style pendant, magic size in yellow gold and the long chain. I think this will be perfect! I reserved one. Should be coming very very soon. I hope the green will look good with my onyx and mop. I wish they did an onyx in this long pendant, maybe they will?

Ok as for perlee hoops, they were out of medium and the variation. I tried on the small, looked horrible on me.Way too tiny and no presence at all and my holes on my ears were pierced wrong for the small hoops, they stuck out and did not lay nice at all.
I tried on the large and they were too big, looks like the medium will be perfect. She measured the hoops I was wearing and it looks like the medium are the same size, so I am waiting for those too.

My birthday is Wed and I want to start with the Perlee hoops as I will wear them a lot. I wish I could of tried on the medium, I may ask them to ship them to me and see. The rose looked great against my face and not my chest. Very odd.

I also saw the new pink Butterfly diamond pieces, so pretty. can't wait to see yours Beth!
I know want Pave VCA!LOL

So I went to VCA and tried on everything! I was going to get the Perlee diamond clover pendant in rose gold and it did not look good . Rose just blends into my skin. It was so soft and not much contrast. That was a let down, then I tried on the magic mop in white gold and it looked nice, but I have no white gold pieces and I don't plan on starting a new collection, lol. Then she placed the Magic pave on my neck. OMG, stunning.

I had gone in looking for the letterwood long pendant and really wanted a necklace. Well, the malachite is coming in the same style pendant, magic size in yellow gold and the long chain. I think this will be perfect! I reserved one. Should be coming very very soon. I hope the green will look good with my onyx and mop. I wish they did an onyx in this long pendant, maybe they will?

Ok as for perlee hoops, they were out of medium and the variation. I tried on the small, looked horrible on me.Way too tiny and no presence at all and my holes on my ears were pierced wrong for the small hoops, they stuck out and did not lay nice at all.
I tried on the large and they were too big, looks like the medium will be perfect. She measured the hoops I was wearing and it looks like the medium are the same size, so I am waiting for those too.

My birthday is Wed and I want to start with the Perlee hoops as I will wear them a lot. I wish I could of tried on the medium, I may ask them to ship them to me and see. The rose looked great against my face and not my chest. Very odd.

I also saw the new pink Butterfly diamond pieces, so pretty. can't wait to see yours Beth!
I know want Pave VCA!LOL

That sounds like a fun trip! If you overnight the Perlee hoops they will be here in time for your birthday. Just sayin...:graucho:

And Pre-congrats on your malachite, it sounds stunning!

I know want Pave VCA!LOL
The magic looks absolutely fab on a long chain .Malachite is a wonderful colour .
Look forward to the reveal .I think you will find that Pave is seriously addictive.
I need rehab for my pave addiction but DH has said that would be like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted ie too late now LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.