YSL to Saint Laurent Paris...are you still going to buy this brand?

Um, has anyone looked at the handbags and shoes for Spring 2013 at Saks?

I sighed in dismay and want someone to wake me up from the nightmare =( I know others may like it but can someone help me understand what is going on with the bags? One of the shoes (Jerry Studded Leather Sandal) looks like a pair I have seen from everyone (I have something similar, without studs though from 3/4 years ago).

The Saint laurent suede tote looks like the Coach legacy bag to me, which some say is inspired by the Celine Luggage or Hermes Birkin (however you want to see it).

Oh well. Mini-rant over.

oh noooooooo..this gets worse and worse, after years and years of awaiting each season with butterflies in my stomack excited about Pilati's newer and newer and better designs (which just brough pain because I had to have them, and who can have all of them at once), now I am so sad :cry: do not want anything, I closed the site in 2 seconds

oh noooooooo..this gets worse and worse, after years and years of awaiting each season with butterflies in my stomack excited about Pilati's newer and newer and better designs (which just brough pain because I had to have them, and who can have all of them at once), now I am so sad :cry: do not want anything, I closed the site in 2 seconds

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way upon seeing the spring offerings. I went to the site later, trying to remember that not all the bags or shoes are on ysl's website. It wasn't any better there, sadly.
:crybaby:

I just saw the new SL duffle bag on Net-A-Porter, could the weight be correct? The reversible shopper was almost as much too?

Weighs approximately 4.6lbs/ 2.1kg

:wondering

I just saw the new SL duffle bag on Net-A-Porter, could the weight be correct? The reversible shopper was almost as much too?

Weighs approximately 4.6lbs/ 2.1kg

It says they weigh 2lbs 6oz on the NM website. Could NAP have simply made a mistake? 4lbs would seem a tad heavy, no? Though I have a LV Manhattan GM that I swear weighs that much when empty...

It says they weigh 2lbs 6oz on the NM website. Could NAP have simply made a mistake? 4lbs would seem a tad heavy, no? Though I have a LV Manhattan GM that I swear weighs that much when empty...

Thanks! It's probably a mistake on the NAP website, they have got the weight wrong on some other bags too. 2lbs 6oz sounds better.

I just received a cabas chyc that is the 2nd design but not 3rd. It has the Yves Saint Laurent tag inside & the zippers are different now. Instead of YSL, it says Yves Saint Laurent on a smooth zipper. Honestly, I like it better than the 1st design.. *ducks*

However, I really don't like the 3rd design that is missing the Y in the leather. I won't be buying anything from that line. Also, I can't compare leather from the first design because I never held on irl. Is the leather better on the 1st design?

I just received a cabas chyc that is the 2nd design but not 3rd. It has the Yves Saint Laurent tag inside & the zippers are different now. Instead of YSL, it says Yves Saint Laurent on a smooth zipper. Honestly, I like it better than the 1st design.. *ducks*

However, I really don't like the 3rd design that is missing the Y in the leather. I won't be buying anything from that line. Also, I can't compare leather from the first design because I never held on irl. Is the leather better on the 1st design?

what you ducking for? :P

The great thing about tpf and especially the YSL sub forum is that we can all appreciate and respect each others tastes even when we feel differently. Like you, I can live with the 2nd version, its that really new one without the Y imprint that always throws me off. On initial sight, I think, "faux!" and then I remember that YSL has made a few changes to it over the last few months.

Have you shared pics of your new CC? Please do, if you haven't. We all love to see reveals! Congrats!

what you ducking for? :P

The great thing about tpf and especially the YSL sub forum is that we can all appreciate and respect each others tastes even when we feel differently. Like you, I can live with the 2nd version, its that really new one without the Y imprint that always throws me off. On initial sight, I think, "faux!" and then I remember that YSL has made a few changes to it over the last few months.

Have you shared pics of your new CC? Please do, if you haven't. We all love to see reveals! Congrats!

:lol: I was joking around. Forgot my smiley face icon. I know that some of the newer designs aren't as loved, which I get. The Y imprint is a must for me right now, but maybe the new style will grow on me. I did post a reveal, but the pics are bad because of lighting. I will be taking more this weekend in the daylight.

This is the medium 2nd design I have

photo-464.jpg

:lol: I was joking around. Forgot my smiley face icon. I know that some of the newer designs aren't as loved, which I get. The Y imprint is a must for me right now, but maybe the new style will grow on me. I did post a reveal, but the pics are bad because of lighting. I will be taking more this weekend in the daylight.

photo-464.jpg

Its absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congrats!

photo-464.jpg

SO beautiful, congratulations! How do you feel about the leather? Another poster here said that the leather doesn't match the price so it scared me off but I want to hear a 2nd opinion :smile: She did mention that the quality isn't as good as the 1st version though :/

SO beautiful, congratulations! How do you feel about the leather? Another poster here said that the leather doesn't match the price so it scared me off but I want to hear a 2nd opinion :smile: She did mention that the quality isn't as good as the 1st version though :/

I think I read that post too. The one talking about the mini cabas and she thought the medium or large had better leather?

Anyway, I really can't compare because I've never touched the 1st version. This leather seems nice. Soft. It's not super thick or anything. As for the leather matching the price, I'm not sure. I'm still trying to decide. I love the bag, but this is my first bag purchase that is so costly. I usually carry Rebecca Minkoff or I had an LV NF which costs quite a bit less. So I'm sort of having a freak out moment about the cost, so my answer might not be the best right now while I'm freaking out. :lol: I have held some Pradas, Givenchys, Bals, etc while I've been shopping over the last couple months and this YSL leather feels better to me than the Bals and Givenchys I held. Not sure if that helps?

I will say it is a beautiful bag and it makes me smile when I look at it.

Hrhkaren - the color of your bag is stunning and beautiful. I personally prefer the first and second chyc cabas designs, but aslong as you like it that's what matters.

As to the new designer...I'm trying to remain open as I'm naturally reluctant to change, but have over time come to love designs from new designers (I'm a Chloe fan and that house has been a revolving door over the last few years and I eventually come to enjoy the new designers). However, Slimane, you need to find some originality soon because so far I am underwhelmed.

As for the brand change, I'm a bit more pissed off. YSL has been one of my favorite brands for years (even through designer changes from Elbaz, Ford, and Pilati) and this feels like such a drastic change...it feels like my favorite brand has died. I'm hoping this strong emotional reaction will pass, but so far it seems to be being growing stronger. YSL has always been avant-garde parsisien chic, but SLP so far seems to be a new brand in search of an identity...and comes across as a want-to-be Celine. For now, I need to save up all my dollars or find a millionaire lover so I can buy up as many YSL bags and shoes as I can before they become extinct.

Oh - and who the hell can wear slimane's heels! YSL shoes were by far my favorite...they are sexy, chic, and I can walk in them all day despite the extreme height (even with my arthritic joints!)

:goodpost:

I feel like the change from YSL to SLP is something to appease the new designer's ego ... and I don't like that.

I love YSL. I will wear my YSL shoes like they are treasures now. Maybe even hunt for a Belle de Jour clutch with the YSL on it as a collector's piece. NOne of hte new stuff. Not for me.

Changes like that, are you going to continue buy the bags regardless of these changes or do you think that the lust level will dwindle down and the brand become a story in time?

Definitely buying!!! I love the SS13 collection and have reserved a few pieces! Especially that fedora