CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hi ladies, I'm in the process to buy a classic flap bag in caviar, but I hope someone here can explain why there's a black or red lining on the inside flap. What's the different?
Btw the one I'm going to buy has a black lining.

TIA! :smile:

I'm planning on purchasing a classic caviar jumbo single flap, what is making me think twice is the missing authenticity card. This has been my HG, I like the bag and the price and condition is ok, but it is bothering me, should I be bothered? Does the missing card diminish the value of the bag? What is it for anyways? Thanks and help please!

How rare is it for jumbos to be in NYC boutiques now, without waiting lists? (I'm thinking gray,beige, mahogany, red, or any color that I see is pretty in person.) But the thing is, I really don't know if I could do waiting lists. Even if I have to wait a whole year on a waiting list that's totally fine, but I'd want to know if I I'd be getting the bag or not in advance.......or at least a phone call that says "sorry you didn't get it, it went to someone else."
Yanno what I mean?

hi ladies, does anyone knows if chanel make a personalized bags?? coz i bought a chanel bag to a person who works with a royal family of england. and this bag i havent seen the style. i just wonder if anyone knows about it. she said all the old bags of the one of the royal family give it away to the maids.

Hi ladies, I'm in the process to buy a classic flap bag in caviar, but I hope someone here can explain why there's a black or red lining on the inside flap. What's the different?

hey tia. hope this answers your question. based on what a chanel SA told me, the dark red lining is the classic/original lining. all the vintage bags are done in this color. there are two options because i guess some like to keep it classic. i personally have a medium/large flap in the black lining and love it!

also, there is no price difference between the two. good luck on your purchase! :smile:

Hello ladies, I am wondering if Chanel medium flap can be worn crossbody? I am 5'1 / 155cm :smile:
hey sprina - here's a picture of me wearing my medium as cross-body. i'm 5'4" and this is where the bag hits me. it may fall lower on you since you're a little shorter. hope this helps!

mediumflap.jpg

Hii ladies, I didn't want to keep posting in the authentication thread and take away from others needing help, so I though I'd post my question here...anyone know about Vintage Chanel bags? I have one that is stamped Made in France "coco" I was skeptical about this, but now know it is authentic, but was just curious as to why this is very uncommon? I have other vintage Chanel purses and have seen many but have never seen this before? Does anyone know the reasoning for this? Any opinions would be much appreciated! Thanks :smile:

yes i have the same question too, i don't see these in stores but i have seen them on ebay, and i'm wondering if the ones with black lining is authentic