How can I make my calves smaller?

I have been on modified duty at work and just have been sitting down mostly for work. I worked only one regular day on postop week three standing up and it was difficult because I was limping. So therefore I asked to go on modified duty. Therefore that is not the reason my recovery is so long. It is long probably because they took so much muscles out. I have listed my advice on my previous posts. I know someone else said if you don't stay for at least two weeks then you will have to aspirate at home. That is not entirely true because apiration depends on how much fluid you have. Dr park said that you have to keep aspirating until there is hardly any more blood/fluid coming out of the syringe. Therefore even if you stay for two weeks there could still be a lot of blood that is coming out in the syringe and so you will have to do it at home. Dr park said it can take up to post-op week 6. He aspirated my legs three times before I left and by the last one I still had a lot of fluid. I had some trouble and emailed dr park but he just kept saying to try the following week and finally he said to stop when I kept telling him hardly anything is coming out.
My legs look completely different and of course looks better than what I had so with that I am happy

I hope in the forum who as gone through the surgery will continue to update every so often. It seems like people are only posting before surgery and the first two weeks post op to ask questions from post op people, and then when they have problems or are not satisfied.

i really appreciate your continued updates, jackkki! i hope now that you've been assigned modified duty, you'll be able to recover completely.
if you have time, would you mind sharing before and after photos? my email address is [email protected] :smile:

Hey girlicious!
I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get back to you. Life has been crazy but hopefully everything will be back to normal before I fly to Korea next week. Have your parents come around yet?

Don't worry about it!

As for my parents... they haven't said "no", but they haven't said "yes" either. My mother is the problem! She just keeps telling herself that this surgery is dangerous. :sad:

At least there is still some hope for me!

can someone pls share their results after about a year? I've heard stories that calf sizes will return to their original sizes. I can't imagine going through all that pain and not have a life long results. thank you.

Hi everyone,

Im from Asia n i have been thinking of this surgery for more than 1 year but yet do not have the guts to do it! Lol.

Cos im worried if anything goes wrong n these are legs we are talking about! Plus of the long recovery time to heal of around 3 months from the various feedback & reviews from the forum. I have years ago done liposuction on my calves before n my legs swelled alot n it took months for the swell to go off! I couldnt wear my usual shoes too! Someone was asking in the forum before if lipo on the calves would cause some lumpiness n unevenness. Well from my personal experience, YES n it seems to make my calves look worse n not only that, i do not see much difference in the size/circumference. :nogood:

I have also previously tried to decide between Dr Park & Dr Jong. But it seems that there is a difference in their procedures i.e. Dr Park only removes section of the 2 parts of the muscles n does not remove any of the Sol while Dr Jong removes part of all the 3 muscles including the Sol. Im worried in case removing any part of the Sol may cause some side effects in the future (since non-removal would not affect the muscles), hence im gearing towards Dr Park.

Does anyone from Asia keen to go for the procedure?

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted but I've been diligently following the recent posts. Hope everyone is having a great summer and staying cool. I've just been very busy with work, however I've been in consistent contact with Dr. Park. Still haven't purchased my plane tickets( yikes, looks like its gonna cost me a small fortune at this point) but it looks like I'll be in Korea towards the last week of this month. I've decided to go through with the procedure. I've been following updates, especially Jackkki's. As she mentioned I hope people who've had the procedure will continue to contribute to the forum as to how they are recovering. So many factors played into me deciding to go through with this and I think for me it's the right decision. I'll do my best as well to update. I'm freaking out a little but dr. Park has been great in alleviating some of my concerns. I've also been praying more too.

Also just wanted to say hi to my girl, Ooh_la. I got your message, thanks. I've been meaning to write back but thought it would be easier to catch you here. As my trip approaches I will contact you privately. I hope you're there when I get out there later this month. Take care and best of luck whatever you end up doing. :smile:

Hi Anoukmarie,

Its been awhle, I was just curious if you were still going to be getting the procedure done this July or August. I am hoping to make my reservations this week and curious when you would be in Korea. Please let me know.

I'm 10 weeks post op and worked out at the gym for the first time. I know I cannot run yet so i went on bike and elliptical and kept it low resistance. working out was fine but the next two days I felt cramping on my calves on and off while walking. the empty spaces has filled in a little. But my legs still look bowed bc the outer calf area, the soleus bulges out and inner caves in. I just came from las vegas and It is hard walking and dancing on heels and high wedges for a long time. THe whole weekend I wore very comfortable flats in the club and sneakers walking around. Again recovery is individualized and I am just telling my experience. I have to look for my before photos because I believe I tried to delete them since my friends were using my computer and I did not want them to see the pic. If I find them I will send people the before and after.

Hi Anoukmarie,

Its been awhle, I was just curious if you were still going to be getting the procedure done this July or August. I am hoping to make my reservations this week and curious when you would be in Korea. Please let me know.

Hi sunflower100,

Yes its been a while since i was online here....

I'm now in Teneriffa and want to travel to Seoul in nearly time maybe Middle or end of august ! I will plan it when i'm back in germany! When are u suposed to fly ? Maybe we can meet up there ?

Greetings from Teneriffa

Anoukmarie

Hey Anoukmarie,
I may be in Korea as early as late next week. Still making plans but looks like I'm really going for it. Keep in touch or let me know when you decide to go.

Hi Jackkki,
Thanks so much for updating. I was wondering how you were doing. Do you have a personal email address I could write to you at. So now may I ask, was the pain and all of it worth the end result? Would you do it all again? Is it painful still to wear high shoes? I really would love to talk to you privately if possible, please let me know how or when you've got some time. I think you'd be an excellent resource. Are you all done with aspirations?

Hi Jackkki

Great to hear that you are having amazing results with calf reduction surgery. I will be travelling to Korea next month and interested in hving the surgery. Can i have your personal email to enquiry about the operation and post-op care?

Thanks in advance.