Sister wives

^^interesting. She definitely comes across as the most independent of the wives. I wonder if she and Mary have worked through their issues. Janelle just doesn't seem too close to any of the other wives. She actually comes across as quite distant sometimes.....or that is the way is appears from the show.

I absolutely think Christine thought she'd be the last wife and would not have to adjust to someone new coming along but it seems very naive of her to think that. She knew what she was signing up for.

I absolutely think Christine thought she'd be the last wife and would not have to adjust to someone new coming along but it seems very naive of her to think that. She knew what she was signing up for.

I totally agree, Christine liked being the last, younger wife. She was the fun loving, wild one, but now feels like Robyn gets that spot. I don't know if she'll ever adjust to just being 3 of 4.

I wonder if Meri was always a bit jealous of Kody's relationship with Christine, and thats why she pushed to have Robyn the family. Knock Christine down a bit.:graucho:

For all their talk about wanting the entire package and not just the man, they are all sure unhappy. Meri said she always wanted a close relationship with her sister wives and did not have that until Robyn came along. We now know that Janelle moved out for a couple years. Christine is miserable.

For all their talk about wanting the entire package and not just the man, they are all sure unhappy. Meri said she always wanted a close relationship with her sister wives and did not have that until Robyn came along. We now know that Janelle moved out for a couple years. Christine is miserable.

So true! Good point!

I think the core of these women's problems is that they deny and fight so hard against natural human emotions. It's normal to be jelous. You wouldn't be human if you weren't, and obviously being raised with poligamy (Christine) doesn't change that. Yet we've heard them talk about feelings of jealously equating to weakness that they needed to pray about and overcome.

Meri knew she was going to be the first of three wives, so wouldn't always been expecting to have sister-wife releationships. Perhaps the lack of bond beween her and the other two had to do with Meri's inability to have more children while she watched Janelle and Christine have many kids each. It's natural to feel resentful, slighted, jealous. This is probably the main reason why Meri feels she's never had a sister-wife bond until Robyn.

I am surprised that Meri & Janelle are/were not closer considering their past history together

They have the longest relationship since they were previously "real" sister-laws as Janelle was married to Meri's brother before she divorced him and married Kody...yet it seems like those 2 are the least bonded

Hard to know what all their issues are. I cannot even begin to imagine the stressors this family has faced throughout the years. Jealousy is a normal human emotion and I think part of the problem is that Kody is probably doing very little to help Christine through this. The living situation is not helping matters at all.

A person's faith should not make them miserable.

I'm sure they are miserable for a variety of reasons but I'd guess that Christine would be unhappy having another wife come along after her regardless of who she was married to.