Sister wives

Did anyone watch tonight's episodes?

yes-- two stand out moments to me,

1. how uncomfortable they were about their sex lives. they must realize that being a public example of plural marriage, the #1 subject people are curious about is their sex lives-- if he has a preference between wives, protection, is it used? do they do it every single 4th night? etc etc. I find it frustrating they skirt around it. i also find it odd they said they never talk amongst themselves about it either. i would think that fosters the jealousy issues even more, with all the wives wondering what is going on. i think they should just be honest about it. they admitted they would be comfortable with homosexual children, so they should be comfy some sexual disclosure!

if they wanted it to be completely private... they shouldn't be on a TV show.

2. also, about bringing in another wife. all of the wives were like, 'hell no!' and he began by saying no, my wives are already lonely, but then admitted he will keep the option open....

They said their kids are free to chose how they will live. Of course they want their kids to live plural marriage as those are their religious beliefs but ultimately it is up to the kids and they'd support them either way. Some of the kids have said they will not have more than one spouse.

Their nationality is American. If you mean of another heritage, and if you more specifically mean something other than white, I've never heard them say anything against it and Mormons come in all races.

yes-- two stand out moments to me,

1. how uncomfortable they were about their sex lives. they must realize that being a public example of plural marriage, the #1 subject people are curious about is their sex lives-- if he has a preference between wives, protection, is it used? do they do it every single 4th night? etc etc. I find it frustrating they skirt around it. i also find it odd they said they never talk amongst themselves about it either. i would think that fosters the jealousy issues even more, with all the wives wondering what is going on. i think they should just be honest about it. they admitted they would be comfortable with homosexual children, so they should be comfy some sexual disclosure!

if they wanted it to be completely private... they shouldn't be on a TV show.

2. also, about bringing in another wife. all of the wives were like, 'hell no!' and he began by saying no, my wives are already lonely, but then admitted he will keep the option open....

Yes that stood out. When he first said no fifth wife, then said something like "it's almost certain no fifth wife, but we will keep the option open" my eyes eyes went to Robyn whose expression didn't even flinch. I can see in 5 years when the show is history him "courting" another woman.

Yes that stood out. When he first said no fifth wife, then said something like "it's almost certain no fifth wife, but we will keep the option open" my eyes eyes went to Robyn whose expression didn't even flinch. I can see in 5 years when the show is history him "courting" another woman.

I agree, I can see Kody wanting another younger model in the future, just like his yet again new car. Again, it was funny to hear Meri telling us, that Kody didn't buy the car, got it as a bonus - for what job? I'm sure they all knew the viewers would wonder why when they are in financial straights, that Kody get a new fancy sports car, that is not really very practical for a family man with 16 kids.

I assume they get a nice fat paycheck from TLC now so I'm sure they can afford Kody's car, the kid soon going to college etc. They still look like they live fairly frugally with their paper plates and potato salad birthday party. None of them look like they wear expensive clothing. They are probably saving their pennies for the four houses/land that they want to buy.

Regarding more wives- I just finished reading Shattered Dreams by Irene Spencer. She said that in "the Principle" ie Plural marriage, a man needs at least three wives to approach godhood in the celestial kingdom, and with 7 wives, a quorum, it is kind of guaranteed that the man will have his own planet to rule as a god.

The wives need the husband for their salvation and to be the goddesses on the planet that their husband will rule. (otherwise they will never be more than angels serving others for eternity).

I think this is why women will let their husband get away with adding more wives- because it is their only way to increase their (the wives) own rewards in the afterlife. It's also just a required part of living the principle, to obey your husband.

Regarding more wives- I just finished reading Shattered Dreams by Irene Spencer. She said that in "the Principle" ie Plural marriage, a man needs at least three wives to approach godhood in the celestial kingdom, and with 7 wives, a quorum, it is kind of guaranteed that the man will have his own planet to rule as a god.

The wives need the husband for their salvation and to be the goddesses on the planet that their husband will rule. (otherwise they will never be more than angels serving others for eternity).

I think this is why women will let their husband get away with adding more wives- because it is their only way to increase their (the wives) own rewards in the afterlife. It's also just a required part of living the principle, to obey your husband.

Yes, it is all about getting into the Celestial Kingdom/Celestial Heaven.

I have a friend who converted from Catholic to Mormon a number of years ago. She's not a fundamentalist but I have still learned so much. It's fascinating.

No charges to be filed in Utah 'Sister Wives' case

May 31, 2012, 10:18 PM EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Criminal charges will not be pursued against a polygamous family made famous by the reality TV show "Sister Wives," a Utah prosecutor wrote Thursday in federal court filings.

The case against Kody Brown and his four wives — Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn — stars of the TLC show, has been closed, Utah County Attorney Jeff Buhman wrote in a motion seeking to have a lawsuit against his county dismissed.

Brown moved his wives and 16 children from Lehi, Utah, about 30 miles south of Salt Lake City, to the Las Vegas area in January 2011, after Utah authorities launched a bigamy investigation.

The Browns then sued Utah County along with Utah's governor and attorney general, claiming the state's bigamy statute violates their constitutional rights to due process, equal protection, free exercise of religion, free speech and freedom of association.
A federal judge later dropped the state from the case but allowed it to continue against the county.

U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups said he dismissed Gov. Gary Herbert and Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff because Shurtleff had assured the Browns they wouldn't be prosecuted under his policy that consenting adult polygamists won't be charged as long as they're not committing other crimes.

However, Waddoups noted that the Browns had reason to believe they could still face prosecution in Utah County, and agreed it could have a chilling effect on their ability to practice their constitutional rights in the state.

Buhman wrote in his Thursday motion that his county, too, had adopted the same state policy and would not pursue bigamy cases unless there was evidence of a victim or fraud.

"The criminal case against the Browns is closed and no charges will be filed against them for bigamy unless new evidence is discovered which would comport with the office's new policy," Buhman wrote.

The Browns' attorney Jonathan Turley said he was pleased that charges wouldn't be filed but noted the family didn't plan to drop the lawsuit, claiming state law remained "blatantly unconstitutional."

"I want to express our great relief for the Brown family that this long-standing threat has been finally lifted," Turley said in a statement. "The family has spent years being publicly denounced as felons by prosecutors and had to move to Nevada to protect their family and children."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=732869