Other soak off gel polish

I've been coveting that glitter since I saw it on Beesknees. It's soo on lol

Me too, plan to pick it up next time I’m at Sally’s

Plucked my posting from awhile ago...regarding Mirror Mirror vs Dove Also would say keep Samurai, I really like the color for layering and it’s pretty nice by itself, but fairly shear.
Night Shimmer if you want that silver for layering, Shine if you want a super metallic that does not layer.
Concur you don’t need Desert Sands and Ambience, A is pink, DS more tan/peach.
Edited: Also I’d choose Orly Black Vinyl over the Gelish Brand due to shrink-back

While I was at Ulta I noticed Zoya Dove which was practically a dupe for my mixed mani ~10 pts snow Bunny to 1 pt Liq Vinyl. While I was taking this pic, I looked up and saw Orly Mirror Mirror, which was also almost identical!

photo-1420.jpg

photo-2299.jpg

OK ladies, I need some help. I HAVE to whittle my wish list down a bit, then I can order. I love all colors and have four daughters so almost anything would get worn, but since I've gone so overboard with regular polish I have to reign this in. I have a medium skin tone. Suggestions and opinions please!!!

The SOGs I currently own:
Gelish Ambience
G Exhale (a favorite)
G Good Gossip (also a love)
G Medievan Madness (no bueno. Wanted more grey or taupe)
G My Forbidden Love (and love, and love, and love)
G Princess Tiara
G Queen of Hearts
G Sweet Chocolate
G Vegas Nights (love)
Geleration Chic
CND Beau
CND Clearly Pink
CND Negligee
CND Romantique
CND Rosebud
To be honest, I'm thinking I will dump the CND in a swap since I've never worn them and am not sure whether they will play nice with the other SOG's.

OK, wish list:::
CND Zillionaire (I know I shouldn't, but it's a FLAKIE!!!)
TruGel Greystone (I'm afraid this will be too dark)
IBD Pearl Buttons
IBD Antique Lace
Orly FX Luxe
O Country Club Khaki (to mimic Nubar Sandstone)
O First Kiss (to reproduce that FANTASTIC dry marble french tip I saw on the old Gelish thread but can't find now. Is this better than RCM Candid Moment? )
O Rage
O Shine
O Mirror Mirror (I am in search of a nice grey like Zoya's Dove. Also considering LeChat Concrete Jungle??)
LeChat Queen Fierce (do I really need this with Gelish Forbidden Love?)
ACG All the Rage (I'm afraid this will be too dark)
ACG Luxe
ACG Vogue
ACG Posh (Is this better than the dupe RCM Simply Stunning?)
RCM It's not a Taupe
Gelish Forever Beauty
Gelish Champagne (really like layering colors)
G Pink Smoothie
G Taffeta
G Light Elegant
G Seafoam
G Izzy Wizzy (layering)
G Ali Baba (ditto)
G Close Your Fingers (ditto)
G any magnetics
G Desert Sands
G Sheek White (for nail art)
G Snow Bunny (for french tips)
G Waterfield (back to the layering)
G Black Shadow
G Tickle my Heart (not sure I will like this)
G Shake it til you Samba
G Night Shimmer
G Samurai
G Glamour Girl
G Sweet Dream (for a french?)

My main goals are a nice grey, nice taupe/greige, and a nice blue. I know, no blue on the list but I thought I remembered that discussed somewhere when I was reading and just have to find the post . . .

I know, huge list, be ruthless!! :lol:

4 of the LeChat spring colors are available on Beautywests!

just saw this interesting alternative to finger cots on ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Soak-Of...ltDomain_0&hash=item43ae2566ef#ht_1226wt_1026

I just now came on here to ask about these! lol!

I have both of those and yes mine are both a bit thick. It's just their nature because they're super dense glitter sogs, but I absolutely love them :smile:

Thanks! I feel better now. :smile: I do love them. So glittery and sparkly!

[B said:
bellaboarder[/B]777;21329015] I've been holding out on you ladies a little bit lol. These are my moms nails I did last week, but just got the chance to upload them. This is Lechat Queen Fierce (2 coats). She has to keep her nails short because she plays the guitar.

http://db.tt/3QQQ8zKR

http://db.tt/b9SzIcEI

OK ladies, I need some help. I HAVE to whittle my wish list down a bit, then I can order. I love all colors and have four daughters so almost anything would get worn, but since I've gone so overboard with regular polish I have to reign this in. I have a medium skin tone. Suggestions and opinions please!!!

LeChat Queen Fierce (do I really need this with Gelish Forbidden Love?)

I love Queen Fierce. It's what I have on right now. My daughter is wearing Gelish My Forbidden Love and it is interesting that they are kind of opposites. MFL is a redish with a hint of a deep purple while Queen Fierce is a deep purplish with a hint of red. EDIT: I just found this thread and in the first post, ferretkingdom compares them! :biggrin:

When you mixing queens mix colors, do you use an eyedropper? Or just drop polish from the brush?
I'm not a mixing queen but I get majority of my colors from mixing I just use drops from polish brush because they are usually the same size each time and I wasn't ever sure if the polish would all come out of a dropper or not but that's a great idea to try because they would be even more equal of drops that way.

thrbuddhas said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Soak-Off-Gel-Off-Gelish-NO-NEEDS-FOR-FOIL-10ct-/290684495599?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ae2566ef#ht_1226wt_1026

Omg I'm so excited! I must have Angel from Above and Shangri-La. Must control myself until payday lol
pinkprincess777 said:
That's a really pretty color! You did a great job especially on short nails!
Thank you

Blumblee said:
I just soaked off the MU mani and put on progel Aloha punch. It took 3 coats and was a bit harsh for me. The first is a pic before the top coat. so I added a coat of gelish Taffeta to tone it down a bit. I like it much better. The second pic is with the taffeta.

It looks very pretty.
thrbuddhas said:
When you mixing queens mix colors, do you use an eyedropper? Or just drop polish from the brush?

I use a micro pipette. Lol just kidding!

I've been holding out on you ladies a little bit lol. These are my moms nails I did last week, but just got the chance to upload them. This is Lechat Queen Fierce (2 coats). She has to keep her nails short because she plays the guitar.

http://db.tt/3QQQ8zKR

http://db.tt/b9SzIcEI

Love them. I SO need this colour.

The dark colors look best on short nails anyway! Nice job.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Absolutely agree, Hillary! That's why when my nails are short, I feel like a rock star when I'm wearing black or navy ... LOL!

I just found this pic of your Techno Pink nails. I love this polish! I got some last week along with the Hologram Diamond and had to try it. So fun, but is yours super thick and slightly goopy? It leveled out fine, but was weird to work with. Just want to make sure my bottles aren't bad somehow.

Tracy

Hi Tracy!! Yes, they ARE incredibly thick, but SO gorgeous. I do find them a little difficult to soak off, but I think we've decided I'm too impatient, so I'm working on that...

I have both of those and yes mine are both a bit thick. It's just their nature because they're super dense glitter sogs, but I absolutely love them :smile:

To avoid having to use 3 coats and getting super thick i'll put a layer of color on first, then 2 coats of the glitter polishes.
Here's a pic of an old mani I did. It's one coat Gelish Sheek White, 2 coats Hologram Diamond.

LOVE. I'm going to do this!! Thanks for the idea, Glitter-off competition!

You poor thing!

Great idea! Ivy - now you HAVE to do your Funny Bunny white glitter mani! Bet it would look as gorgeous as this!!

Stop it. I had just had this thought after seeing bella's pic, and then you posted it!! OMG, it's frightening when your thoughts start to sync with your forum buddies....just saying...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Soak-Of...ltDomain_0&hash=item43ae2566ef#ht_1226wt_1026

I've been dreaming about Angel from Above since I saw the first pic a couple of months ago, but I'm worried it will fade right away on my light skin. Arrrggggg. Haven't even put it on my wish list yet, because I'm thinking it's another egg yolk issue...

I just soaked off the MU mani and put on progel Aloha punch. It took 3 coats and was a bit harsh for me. The first is a pic before the top coat. so I added a coat of gelish Taffeta to tone it down a bit. I like it much better. The second pic is with the taffeta.

Love the colour you made but kind of ADORE the Aloha Punch! You've just helped me be sure that it deserves a place on my wish list. Awesome mani!

I use a micro pipette. Lol just kidding!

LOL!

Stop it. I had just had this thought after seeing bella's pic, and then you posted it!! OMG, it's frightening when your thoughts start to sync with your forum buddies....just saying...

I've been dreaming about Angel from Above since I saw the first pic a couple of months ago, but I'm worried it will fade right away on my light skin. Arrrggggg. Haven't even put it on my wish list yet, because I'm thinking it's another egg yolk issue...
LOL!

LMAO! We're becoming an SOG cult, following each other's ways of thinking! :dothewave:

I know....me too, regarding Angel from Above...but I'm still buying it. I can't help it. :help: It MIGHT work. And if not I'll sell it to one of you guys, lol. I wish I were strong like you, Ivy! But I guess you have just had that boyfriend rejection, so it's still fresh in your mind .:bagslap:

That looks really lovely.... BOTH of them.

.............Edited: Also I’d choose Orly Black Vinyl over the Gelish Brand due to shrink-back
Gelish Black Shadow???? I've used it heaps and never noticed shrink back...... I use it really thin though.