Adele

:goodpost::urock:
even then, a middle finger is still the least of our concerns when it comes to anything. murderous violence and the objectification of women are both ok in primetime but a middle finger isn't. i can't. i simply cannot.

tumblr_lub1ooHRD71qfjjak.gif

I already posted that she nor MIA should've done it. No free passes.
That said. I can't compare late night tv crime shows et al. that I don't allow my kids to watch to Super Bowl or Grammys. Apples and oranges.

I don't know why it's okay for Adele to publicly flip off, but other performers are ripped apart for it.

Probably the way that she is perceived .. as the "underdog", so when she flips the bird, most folks would think it's funny and that she's doing it because she was frustrated. Other performers seem to do it to (attempt) to present a "bad-azz" attitude as in "f*** the people/audience" which is stupid because - heck, they bought tickets to see YOU!

of all the things people do and say on tv these days people are worried about someone flipping the bird? :confused1:
she was talking about how proud she was of her own country and she got cut off.
on the grammy's she said something about snot running down her nose during one of her acceptance speeches. seems to me like she's just pretty honest in the moment.

I just heard that Adele will be singing at the closing ceremonies for the Summer Olympics! That should be exciting!
The Olympics will be held in London this year, and the music director is planning a lineup of “fabulous” British music for the closing ceremony, which means Adele is on the list! The music director shared his plans:

“Without saying we have booked anyone, it goes from Elgar to Adele. It is not just a pop concert, it is not just a classical rendition. It will be everything that we think is fabulous about British music.”

The singers reportedly will be paid only one pound to make their contracts legally binding. The costume designer explained:

“The performers are just happy to be asked to perform at the closing ceremony. Plus, we just didn’t have the budget to pay them.”

Sometimes, it’s not about the money. I love the Olympics and can’t wait for summer to get here to see them
http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2012/02/24/adele-to-perform-in-olympics-closing-ceremonies/

Oops: apparently J-Hud recommended Adele seek help from Jenny Craig, right after she'd won her Grammy awards

he first thing Jennifer Hudson did when she ran into Adele backstage at the Grammys was congratulate her on her impressive haul. The second thing she did was offer weight-loss tips, which annoyed Adele. Hudson, a Weight Watchers spokesperson, pulled Adele aside at the Grammys and offered to be her fat-fighting mentor!

A source told the Enquirer, “Jennifer congratulated Adele on her six trophies but then added, ‘I used to be heavy just like you and gosh, Weight Watchers saved my life! I can hook you up.’”

Although Adele was outwardly gracious, friends say she was seething on the inside. She huffed about Jennifer, “The nerve of that woman!” Adele has made it known she’s happy just the way she is – at 165 pounds – and doesn’t intend to diet.

This isn’t the first time Jennifer’s zeal for losing weight has backfired.

“Her heart is in the right place, but her preaching is starting to get on people’s nerves,” said the friend, who added that Jennifer may have been motivated by jealousy. “I’m sure seeing Adele become the belle of the ball at the Grammys got under her skin. Meanwhile, Adele has made it pretty clear she doesn’t care what Jennifer or anyone else thinks about her or her weight.”

[From The Enquirer, print edition]

source: http://www.cele*****y.com/210561/ad...dson_after_j-hud_recommended_weight_watchers/

I dunno -- I can't see Jennifer Hudson telling anyone, "I used to be heavy just like you"

I don't really believe this happened

(besides, Jennifer has said how emotional she was that night -- she wasn't even supposed to be at the Grammy's and was only asked the night before when Whitney Houston passed away. I have a hard time believing she approached Adele about diet/weight loss moments after singing Whitney's legendary song!)

What I don't get, is why does the title say "Oops: apparently J-Hud recommended Adele seek help from Jenny Craig" if she goes on and on about WW?!
I call bull$hit :amuse: