How to wear a Kelly casually?

it's so interesting to read everyone's opinions on this topic, as for some bizarre reason as-yet-unknown-to-piggy, my kelly is closer to the "workhorse bag" category - i wear mine casually all the time, and it's often the one i take on vacation because i like the security of the flap in touristy areas (^(oo)^)v

i never use the shoulder strap though . . . i like it better as a hand carry, and the handle is the perfect size to carry in the crook of the elbow, IPHO

tourist pig! very casual, no?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• small paris 029.jpg
    small paris 029.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8,847
  • small paris 055.jpg
    small paris 055.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8,840
You can wear a red Kelly with everything and anything. Using the shoulder strap does make it more casual and easy to wear. You need to give it a chance.

This is a more casual leather as well. More so than box.

I have a BBK with Gold...Sellier...probably one of the most formal of Kellys but I wear it casually all the time as I pretty much live in jeans! :tup:

Attachments

• DSCN2525.JPG
    DSCN2525.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 7,198
lest we forget the pic that started it all (for me, anyway :smile:

Renee Zellweger with her croc Kelly and canvas strap

attachment.php

Katel, this was the first picture I thought of, also! One of my favorite all-time images of someone wearing a Kelly casually - and such a formal Kelly at that!

CB - that's a gorgeous bag!!

Thank you all! Now my dilemma is: do I order a strap to match my bag or do I go for a contrast? Would a contrast look weird?

I'd order a matching strap. :smile:
In my case I was actually able to safe me some money, as we already had a black strap, which I use now for the few occasions, when I wear my kelly cross body. ;) Here´s yesterdays example.

PS: Love your subtle colour coordination, diamond lover! :yes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• weaveflash.jpg
    weaveflash.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 9,707
Reactions: ccbaggirl89
A contrast strap could look weird - but you want casual right? Is that smart/casual or casual/idosyncratic? Whatever you do don't mix the leathers because that does look odd.

When I got my Kelly within days I ordered a canvas strap ( cost £250 two years ago) so maybe you should go for a matching one now with an option to do something different colour-wise in due course - after all you didn't choose this colour or its hardware. Also experiment with scarves and twillies - it's amazing how much mileage you can get out of one bag.

I'm the sort or person who makes everything look casual whether I want to or not so I envy you your dilemma!