How to wear a Kelly casually?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. it's so interesting to read everyone's opinions on this topic, as for some bizarre reason as-yet-unknown-to-piggy, my kelly is closer to the "workhorse bag" category - i wear mine casually all the time, and it's often the one i take on vacation because i like the security of the flap in touristy areas (^(oo)^)v

i never use the shoulder strap though . . . i like it better as a hand carry, and the handle is the perfect size to carry in the crook of the elbow, IPHO

tourist pig! very casual, no?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Here you go...I did not a reveal. Although I have shown her on a few threads...
    I am in love and still in shock!:nuts:

32 Vert Fonce Box Kelly Retourne GHW

Attached Files:

3. You can wear a red Kelly with everything and anything. Using the shoulder strap does make it more casual and easy to wear. You need to give it a chance.

This is a more casual leather as well. More so than box.

4. Twillys can really add new and fun looks to your Kelly.

Attached Files:

5. ^ love that pic TT! The colors look great together.

6. Thanks CTC~
    Howya been~looking forward to the next meetup!

7. I have a BBK with Gold...Sellier...probably one of the most formal of Kellys but I wear it casually all the time as I pretty much live in jeans! :tup:

Attached Files:

8. A canvas strap for my kelly just cost me $330.

9. Looking great! It does look good with casual clothes. More modern.

10. Katel, this was the first picture I thought of, also! One of my favorite all-time images of someone wearing a Kelly casually - and such a formal Kelly at that!

CB - that's a gorgeous bag!!

11. The bag is really not formal at all with either straps! It's so chic when wore on the shoulder. Give it a try :smile: congratulations

12. i think i've posted my pics sometime back in this forum. i wear my kelly with jeans all the times

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I'd order a matching strap. :smile:
    In my case I was actually able to safe me some money, as we already had a black strap, which I use now for the few occasions, when I wear my kelly cross body. ;) Here´s yesterdays example.

PS: Love your subtle colour coordination, diamond lover! :yes:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. A contrast strap could look weird - but you want casual right? Is that smart/casual or casual/idosyncratic? Whatever you do don't mix the leathers because that does look odd.

When I got my Kelly within days I ordered a canvas strap ( cost £250 two years ago) so maybe you should go for a matching one now with an option to do something different colour-wise in due course - after all you didn't choose this colour or its hardware. Also experiment with scarves and twillies - it's amazing how much mileage you can get out of one bag.

I'm the sort or person who makes everything look casual whether I want to or not so I envy you your dilemma!

15. I don't think it is possible for you to wear that Kelly casually. Sorry. You should send it to me immediately!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice