How to wear a Kelly casually?

Lucky you, a gorgeous bag to use for a lifetime!

I don't have a Kelly (yet), but I do have lots of opinions! I think your bag would look beautiful with matching brick red leather ends and black canvas. No a trace of wierdness.

Just got my first Kelly today..vintage Dark Green Box 32.. I am early 40's dress casual....I plan to wear it with a white shirt jeans, maybe H scarf...
I will wear it with anything. Mix and max..high and low!

Anyone want to see my new baby?
PS - I am going to get a canvas strap, too.

hi hi;;

Love your kelly !!!! i almost always wear my kelly casually;;

here's one of the pics that i posted on the action thread :nuts: hope it helps~

black 35 retourne kelly with Ash shoes :smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01566b.jpg
    DSC01566b.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 11,205
Katel and MissKaylie, thanks for the fab pics!
Laetitya, personally I would not go for contrast, I think it would make people look at the strap and not the bag. Just my opinion.

What a wonderful Birthday gift!!!!! Get the canvas strap that matches the bag (otherwise it'll look too chopped up) and long enough for it to be used as a messenger. The other thing is that the color is a young color so even without the canvas strap you should feel just fine.....

Just wanted to say CONGRATS on getting such a beautiful kelly from your DM! Really adore red with gold! :girlsigh:

All kellys can be worn casually, it mostly depends what they are worn with. ;)
But IMO it's even easier with a retourne. Wishing you lots of fun with your beautiful kelly!

update: just saw your other thread and saw, that your kelly is a "sellier mou". Very special and in the combination you have it, I still think it can easily be used casually, esp. when worn crossbody like Renè Zellweger does it with her croc.

Last edited:
Congrats! Beautiful Kelly - I agree with the others, adding a canvas strap will certainly dress it down. However, I think you can pull off a casual look with jeans and a t-shirt.

Here is a pic of me wearing jeans and my kelly. (Sorry to those who have seen this pic a million times already) :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Latin Quarter Paris.JPG
    Latin Quarter Paris.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 11,086
Just got my first Kelly today..vintage Dark Green Box 32.. I am early 40's dress casual....I plan to wear it with a white shirt jeans, maybe H scarf...
I will wear it with anything. Mix and max..high and low!

Anyone want to see my new baby?
PS - I am going to get a canvas strap, too.

Congrats! Yes, please show us! :biggrin: