The HUDSON club please join!

I am now a proud owner of a Chestnut Hudson! I remember drooling over this bag when it first came out and I finally found one. Don't have any photos yet but wanted to share my joy. I was a bit sad to sell my Blake (my buy one sell one rule), but I think it will be worth it!

way to go Hannah!
I always wanted a Hudson, and once I had it decided it that it wouldn't work and ended up returning it - I never could get it out of my head tho and I ended up buying another one - which I actually sold a few months later (to fund an exciting new purchase!), but guess what? Still couldn't shake the Hudson Fever and I got a THIRD one last summer!! This one is most definitely a keeper and in my permanent collection!

Can't wait to see your new bag Hannah and hear your thoughts about it!

Thanks everyone! It's in pretty good shape, just some minor wear that I might get cleaned/touched up depending on the cost.

iluvmybags - I can't believe that you bought a Hudson three times, what an adventure! I definitely know what it's like to not be able to get a bag out of your mind, especially an MJ. What color is your Hudson?

I will post photos once I take some!

Thanks everyone! It's in pretty good shape, just some minor wear that I might get cleaned/touched up depending on the cost.

iluvmybags - I can't believe that you bought a Hudson three times, what an adventure! I definitely know what it's like to not be able to get a bag out of your mind, especially an MJ. What color is your Hudson?

I will post photos once I take some!

LOL! yea, it took three tries to get the color/season right! Originally I had a canvas lined one when I really wanted one fully lined leather - I think that's why it was so easy for me to let that first one go! Then I had a Solid Brown one w/full red leather lining, but after 3 mos of use another bag came along that I needed help funding, so I sacrificed my Hudson -- but then last summer out of no where, a Teal one came along and I jumped on that beauty! I guess I had to go thru the other two in order to finally get the one I REALLY wanted! That baby's not going anywhere!!

LOL! yea, it took three tries to get the color/season right! Originally I had a canvas lined one when I really wanted one fully lined leather - I think that's why it was so easy for me to let that first one go! Then I had a Solid Brown one w/full red leather lining, but after 3 mos of use another bag came along that I needed help funding, so I sacrificed my Hudson -- but then last summer out of no where, a Teal one came along and I jumped on that beauty! I guess I had to go thru the other two in order to finally get the one I REALLY wanted! That baby's not going anywhere!!

Teal sounds gorgeous, definitely hold onto that one! I would love one that is fully lined in leather, but it's so hard to come by one that is in good condition. I took the Hudson out for the first time yesterday and LOVED how it looked. Just wish I could fit it over my shoulder better, hopefully I'll be able to once the weather warms up and I don't need to wear my coat. Even my mother loved this bag and she is not even into bags :biggrin:

I haven't been able to take photos yet because I had a fiasco involving another bag I bought off of ebay and that took up most of my time. However, I hope to take some over the weekend and will definitely post here when I do.

Finally had the chance to take some photos of my Hudson. I have been wearing it all week and love the way it looks. I really like how it fits so much (even used it as a diaper bag today) but it's a little heavier than what I'm used to. Can anyone tell me if the other striping bags (bowler, trish) are lighter? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 186
attachment.php

that's a beauty hannah!! :tup::tup:
unfortunately, that's one of the downfalls of the striping line - ALL of the bags are pretty heavy. From what I understand, the Trish is extraordinarily heavy and been the reason that more than one tPFer decided to part ways with it.

Haven owned both, I do think the leather lined ones are a little bit lighter weight than the canvas lined ones. That canvas is pretty thick and I think weighs a little bit more than the leather he used for the linings. But even the leather lined striping bags are pretty heavy - esp once you start filling them up.

I would suggest using a smaller wallet inside - maybe invest in a Marky which is really light compared to the zip clutch or Large Zip Wallet. You could also cut down what you carry with you on the days you use your Hudson bag. The problem - if you're like me! - is that when you carry a larger bag, you tend to just keep throwing "stuff" inside! Before you know it, you can skip the trip to the gym and just carry your bag around the block once or twice!!:P;)

They're beautiful bags tho - that's the price we pay for fashion!!

Hanana, your Hudson looks great on you!

Iluv said it the best - the Trish is mega-heavy. It is so gorgeous that it is hard to give up. Even the small striping bowlers are heavy. It is the price we pay for beauty!

Thats beautiful! I think I should get one! I really like this bag! I want it black or grey. I know they make in black, but do they make it in grey? I think I saw a girl at school have it in grey. I also want the Trish in black.

Thats beautiful! I think I should get one! I really like this bag! I want it black or grey. I know they make in black, but do they make it in grey? I think I saw a girl at school have it in grey. I also want the Trish in black.

no, they didn't make the Hudson (or any of the striping bags) in grey, but how gorgeous would that be? :nuts:

Maybe you saw a Military or Chili one? Altho Military is more of a khaki-like/brown and Chili is a red-ish/brown. I think early on within this thread, there's a list of all the colors the Hudson were released in -- off the top of my head, this is what I can remember:

F06
Chestnut
Black w/Brown
Brown w/Lt Brown
Chili
(the ones sold at the boutiques had Teal leather lining)

S07
Solid Black
Solid White
Solid Brown
Solid Teal
Military
(these were only available at the boutiques w/red leather lining)

The other bags from the striping line (Trish, Zip Bowler, Lg Bowler, Slouchy Tote) were made in all of the same colors as the Hudson from F06 except for the Lg Bowler - which was only made in Chestnut. (there were no other striping bags for F07)

Thanks iluv, tigertrixie and angelnyc! The more I use it, the more I like it. DH has said he doesn't like the black with brown, but can't please everyone.

I almost got the Trish, but am now glad I didn't after hearing that it is so heavy. I think the Hudson is as heavy as I can carry. It is hard not stuffing it since it is so roomy! I will have to remind myself to carry less (at least a smaller wallet). I would love to find a Hudson with all leather lining (so luxurious!) so will keep hunting for that.

I'm on a roll and just bought a striping zip bowler as well!

A grey Hudson would be the ULTIMATE Hudson! Would snap that up in a heartbeat.