The HUDSON club please join!

Thanks iluv, tigertrixie and angelnyc! The more I use it, the more I like it. DH has said he doesn't like the black with brown, but can't please everyone.

I almost got the Trish, but am now glad I didn't after hearing that it is so heavy. I think the Hudson is as heavy as I can carry. It is hard not stuffing it since it is so roomy! I will have to remind myself to carry less (at least a smaller wallet). I would love to find a Hudson with all leather lining (so luxurious!) so will keep hunting for that.

I'm on a roll and just bought a striping zip bowler as well!

congratulation looks great on you.
hey what do most men know about bags :P, the chestnut is, imo, the best striping colour and you'll get used to the weight.

no, they didn't make the Hudson (or any of the striping bags) in grey, but how gorgeous would that be?:nuts:

Maybe you saw a Military or Chili one? Altho Military is more of a khaki-like/brown and Chili is a red-ish/brown. I think early on within this thread, there's a list of all the colors the Hudson were released in -- off the top of my head, this is what I can remember:

F06
Chestnut
Black w/Brown
Brown w/Lt Brown
Chili
(the ones sold at the boutiques had Teal leather lining)

S07
Solid Black
Solid White
Solid Brown
Solid Teal
Military
(these were only available at the boutiques w/red leather lining)

The other bags from the striping line (Trish, Zip Bowler, Lg Bowler, Slouchy Tote) were made in all of the same colors as the Hudson from F06 except for the Lg Bowler - which was only made in Chestnut. (there were no other striping bags for F07)

Thanks for the info iluv! Grey would be gorgeous! Imagine MJ is reading this & releases the Hudson again but in Grey, with lets say suede lining! :nuts: That would be crazy! I remember it was a grey hudson with dark grey stripes. Maybe it was a fake! :tdown: It was on campus so probably it was fake, I barely see any MJ on campus & but I do see MbMJ totes.

I just found another of my MJ HG bags: Chestnut Striping Bowler!!!
I am so hoping it is not waaaay too humongous for me.
I am so excited to receive it!!!!

:nuts::nuts::nuts:how exciting!
where did you find it? I've had my eyes open for one for a while now
can't wait to see your pics!!

I found it on an auction site (am I allowed to say that?) and the interior has pens marks, stains, and needs cleaning. She said the exterior & handles are perfect. My leather repair center has cleaned other bag linings for me, but if it is minor I hope to be able to clean it myself.
My main concern is the size. It is bigger than the Stam (?).
I had an Alyona, and to be honest the 3 separate compartments DO NOT work well for me (i really need one main compartment because i am not at all orgainzied and can't find anything in 3 compartments!), so I knew the Hudson wouldn't work, but I loooove both the Trish and Bowler and have been scoping out every site for a chestnut one!!!
I'll let you all know when she arrives!

I found it on an auction site (am I allowed to say that?) and the interior has pens marks, stains, and needs cleaning. She said the exterior & handles are perfect. My leather repair center has cleaned other bag linings for me, but if it is minor I hope to be able to clean it myself.
My main concern is the size. It is bigger than the Stam (?).
I had an Alyona, and to be honest the 3 separate compartments DO NOT work well for me (i really need one main compartment because i am not at all orgainzied and can't find anything in 3 compartments!), so I knew the Hudson wouldn't work, but I loooove both the Trish and Bowler and have been scoping out every site for a chestnut one!!!
I'll let you all know when she arrives!

wow -- what a lucky find!!
the Bowler is definitely larger than the Stam
It's actually one of the larger MJ bags (and from what I understand, one of the heaviest!!). I think there are some modeling pics somewhere -- maybe up in the reference thread. Otherwise, if you search Striping Bowler, you might find some (I know pursemonkey posted modeling pics when she got hers)

wow -- what a lucky find!!
the Bowler is definitely larger than the Stam
It's actually one of the larger MJ bags (and from what I understand, one of the heaviest!!). I think there are some modeling pics somewhere -- maybe up in the reference thread. Otherwise, if you search Striping Bowler, you might find some (I know pursemonkey posted modeling pics when she got hers)

Hmmmm......
The Stam is definitely a good size for me....don't know if i could go much bigger.....
Maybe the Trish would've worked better for me....Im kindof a smallish one.....
But the Chestnut ones are so few and far between!
We'll see.

found the pics for you
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs-reference-library/post-pics-of-your-striping-styles-here-62950-3.html#post11303587

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yup, that's the bag!!!!!
Oh thank you, iluvmybags! I luv those pix!
Pursemonkey and her baby are both soooooo precious!!! (gosh, I wanna just steal that little girl!!!)
It looks amazing on her, don't know how tall she is but I am 5'4" size "nothing"!
We'll see. I'll have the lining cleaned and if I have to sell, so be it, but I couldn't pass it up!
I should receive it on Tuesday next week~ wish she sent it other than UPS Ground, but oh well!

this bag is gorgeous! i need to find one!!! i am down to two brownish ones the military and the brown/brown hudsons i feel they are very much alike but can't choose which one to part with...opinions?
also still searching for chestnut hudson full leather!

happy spring everyone

congrats cooper! you got an amazing deal!!

Thank you everyone!!!
I am so excited to receive it. UPS tracking says it will be here Tuesday. It feels like forever! (I know I am being impatinet but I am so excited!)
Anyway, I know the inside needs cleaning; the seller was very honest about that. The additional pix she emailed me didnt look too terrible.
I just hope the size works for me.
I will definitely let you ladies know!!!!!
:yahoo:

this bag is gorgeous! i need to find one!!! i am down to two brownish ones the military and the brown/brown hudsons i feel they are very much alike but can't choose which one to part with...opinions?
also still searching for chestnut hudson full leather!

happy spring everyone

I personally like the brown/brown color although the military color is more unique. What goes more with the clothes you wear?

Good luck with finding a full leather Chestnut Hudson!