Travel What are your airport/airplane pet peeves?!

The annoying little bratty kids on the plane that have parents that can't get their kids to shut up for just a few hours. When I was traveling at a young age, I wouldn't dare to trow a hissy fit. I don't understand why the parents think they are so innocent when they let their kids cry for hours, and run around and bother other passengers. I don't give a bull if the child is "hyper", I don't want to see how cute it is, or how amazing s/he is at walking.

yeah, I had to experience this on a recent trip. Ever had a little kid try to talk to you while catching up on school work? its terrible.

IMO, it's not annoying when kids cry (that's what they do), but it IS annoying when the parents don't do anything about their annoying kids. The plane isn't a playground, please stop your child crawling under my seat and climbing on my armrest.

IMO, it's not annoying when kids cry (that's what they do), but it IS annoying when the parents don't do anything about their annoying kids. The plane isn't a playground, please stop your child crawling under my seat and climbing on my armrest.

:nuts:
I've seen that happening to other people, and omg. I don't see how people can keep their cool. I would go all ivanka ***** on the parent and the child. When you let your children go without any consequences, I don't think you want them to remain innocent or away from cuss words..

I was on a Toronto flight when I WAS one of those annoying passengers who brought on carry on luggage (I was only going for one night). I was in the middle of the plane and waited for a big lull in the line up to get off the plane before I got up to retrieve my luggage from the overhead bin. I assumed the little old lady everyone was waiting for in the back of the plane was going to be slow, so I got up to get my luggage. Usually when someone is up getting their bags from the top the people behind him waits until he's done right? NO! This little old lady tried to push me out of her way and ran the back of my legs with BOTH her carry ons! She didn't even say excuse me! The flight attendant gave me a shocked open mouth look and my husband told me to shush because he knew I was mad! Later he told me to forget about it because she was so old. Does being old really give you an excuse to be so rude? Later on, I saw her in the bathroom and she was one of those people who don't wash their hands after they piss all over the toilet!

Also wanted to add another MAJOR pet peeve: birds flying into the engines and forcing the plane to land in the Hudson River! I wasn't there on that flight but I would've been really PO'd if I had to stand on the plane's wings ankle deep in cold water in my Pradas.

people who dally while collecting their stuff on the otherside. GRAB IT AND GO! OMG it's so obnoxious, and they all act as though they have arthritis.
Mr. Business traveler--wear some havs if you can't find some decent slip on loafers, why the need to hold up the line to tie your shoes? Same can be said about you Ms. Thighhigh too tight boots which require assistance to put on, NOT appropriate travel attire. if you must wear them, slip on some havs then change once you get beyond security. It's not rocket science.

I also dislike be hassled when I check bags & carry minimal purse with me that holds, gum, book/magazine, scarf, belt, ipod, cameras, & ID/Tickets. Look ppl I KNOW, no liquids, so I'll buy water on the other side, and can you please pick your jaw off the floor I'm attempting to comply & make it easy.

I also hate ppl who buy Mcdonald's and bring it on the plane. The smell of it in that environment is wretched.

Also the jerks who leave trash in the pocket, especially on SW flights I find the cabin crew forget to check them.

Also wanted to add another MAJOR pet peeve: birds flying into the engines and forcing the plane to land in the Hudson River! I wasn't there on that flight but I would've been really PO'd if I had to stand on the plane's wings ankle deep in cold water in my Pradas.

I'm not sure if you're just joking about this peeve. I'd rather destroy a pair of Pradas, and kiss the captains arse for saving my arse then to be face down in the water with only the heals of my Pradas sticking up out of the water.

I also hate ppl who buy Mcdonald's and bring it on the plane. The smell of it in that environment is wretched.

PREACH! I really wish they'd make a no-stinky-food policy. Since everyone has to get to the airport so far in advance, why on earth can't they eat in the food court or waiting area, instead of hanging on to it to inhale within the first 5 min of takeoff?? Takes them two seconds to eat it but the smell lasts forever.

The annoying little bratty kids on the plane that have parents that can't get their kids to shut up for just a few hours. When I was traveling at a young age, I wouldn't dare to trow a hissy fit. I don't understand why the parents think they are so innocent when they let their kids cry for hours, and run around and bother other passengers. I don't give a bull if the child is "hyper", I don't want to see how cute it is, or how amazing s/he is at walking.

yeah, I had to experience this on a recent trip. Ever had a little kid try to talk to you while catching up on school work? its terrible.
Sometimes they cry because their ears are hurting or because they're scared and don't really understand what's going on. I agree that it can be extremely disruptive and unsettling to other passengers, but it's not always a behavioral issue that a parent can correct. If I had kids, I'd rather sit with them on a plane for a couple hours then drive in the car with them for 10 times as long!! LOL :P

You are joking right? :wtf:
Surely your life is more important than your prada shoes?

I'm not sure if you're just joking about this peeve. I'd rather destroy a pair of Pradas, and kiss the captains arse for saving my arse then to be face down in the water with only the heals of my Pradas sticking up out of the water.

Ditto.

Small pet peeve: passengers not paying attention to the flight attendant when he/she is giving the instructions on what to do in case of an emergency. I watch/listen and read the card that gives the instructions and I always count how many rows to the nearest exit. You just never know..... (I'm not afraid to fly but I just like to be aware of my surroundings when I'm on an airplane.)

When kids cry on an airplane, I don't get annoyed - that what kids do and we were all kids at one time. However, I just wish that some parents would pay attention to their crying kids and try to distract them by giving the kids a toy, playing with them, or feed them.

Last pet peeve: When other passengers are talking or laughing loudly without being aware of their surroundings on an airplane. I don't need nor want to hear another person's LOUD conversation. There is such a things as talking quietly so as not to disturb others around you. I was on a flight where the two girls who were sitting behind me never stopped talking during the ENTIRE flight!! And they were loud!!! Aargh!

Another one of mine is confusing airport set ups. I'm in Italy a lot so I deal with Fiumicino frequently and even as well as I know that place I still can't figure out there counter set ups. Alitalia has like 50 different counters (in each terminal) and each line is for a different destination it's not like ours here where if you're flying Continental you go to that counter or Delta you go to that counter, it makes 0 sense and they rarely even have the labels up for which line you're meant to be in, I HATE that, I always waste a good 30 min-1 hour in the wrong line there

Rude flight attendants that throw food at me and/or give me attitude and treat me like crap for no reason at all. I once had a flight attendant almost yell at me for a really stupid thing that was so trivial I don't recall. I was FLOORED. Another one yelled at my mother because she complained about a fellow passenger. Which brings me to my next annoyance and the reason my mother complained...

I hate people that are really, really loud on red eye flights when everyone else is quiet and trying to sleep. Or people that open windows on red eye flights when it is light outside but everyone one the plane is trying to sleep.

Finally, I don't like people that travel when they are clearly sick. Although I shamefully admit that I have been guilty of this on more than one occasion. Karma is a ***** though. The ear pain of a slow descent when you are congested is excruciating! I will never forget that pain in my life. I was so terrified I called for a flight attendant mostly just for some assurance since I realized there wasn't much she could do for me except give me tips on how to relieve the pressure.

-People who put their seats back. Really there is no need for that at all, those seats shouldn't recline. I NEVER put my seat back it's just rude there's no space as it is!

Really? I've flown 9+ hour flights and there is no way I could stay cramped in a little seat upright and erect for 9 hours!!!! It's hard enough to sleep on an airplane and if the seat reclines, I'm going to do it! Everyone else on board reclines their seat, too. It only goes back a few inches, it's not like their head is in your lap. I guess I'm one of those people who will end up pissing you off, LOL. :biggrin: