Anyone else with a SO/Dh who hates you purchasing LV?

You are not alone. My dh hates my purse addiction! He thinks I am crazy and I should save the $$. I try to limit myself to 3 bags a year. Now that I have gotten into LV more I am going to have to limit it to 2 bags a year, esp if I am going to but LV. One in the spring and one in the Fall. The funny thing is my SIL( his sister!) is as addicted as I am! I am just happy that I found this forum. Its good to know that there are a lot of other people that are as addicted to purses as I am! IRL I only have my SIL and one friend that I can seriously talk purses with!

My boyfriend doesn't like Louis Vuitton monogram he says it looks cheap and gaudy !! Come on LV is great and certainly not cheap but we agreed he would get me a bag every year so it's not that bad.

Dh says as long as it makes me happy I deserve to get an LV bag and accessory each year if I want. I don't take advantage or hide purchases from him so he is fine with buying them for me and does go in and help me decide without any fuss. In fact, I once thought about purchasing a cheaper brand of bag because I felt guilty about spending so much on an LV and he straight out told me why should I buy that cheap bag when an LV is more my style. So yes, he has learned, lol. :tender:

Purses are to women as Balls are to men. I always tell my husband this. I tell him I have been living with balls for 11 years. Basketballs, footballs, golf balls, baseballs and of course his anatomical balls. It is High time we women have an enfatuation equal to their own! Game On!:biguns: :yes:

Omg... I can't stop laughing right now!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Thanks for the joke!

At first my bf thinks I'm crazy to like LVs and other brands on much, but he learned to accept my obsession. Well, he did tell me to slow down a bit...

The saddest thing is... I am a guy. I love LV. But I still love expensive cars. I still love plasma TVs. I still love gadgets like cell phones and high-end computers. I still love video games. Plus I like to eat at expensive restaurants around New York. I love diamonds and expensive watches too. Most of my gfs in the past have wondered why I have nicer bags and accessories than they do. And guys even ask me why I need a new cell phone and computer 5-6 times a year.

I am a combination of the worst. Not good for my savings. Unfortunately for me, designers are starting to realize people like me exist and has designed things like a Louis Vuitton Sony PSP case!

BTW, what is SO? Another word for husband (sorry)

Anyways, I know my hubby feels pain in the "butt" area (due to the radical reduction of $$$) ~feels like an injection, you see~:graucho: everytime I buy a new LV.....but he is not feeling it recently coz my recent purchases are Balenciagas and he doesn't know what they are....YET!!:sweatdrop:

I think my bags give my husband bragging rights!! He puts on a show everytime I buy something, not just bags, and he performs it for his pokerbuddies, workmates etc. and I really think he would miss getting to say "guess what, she bought ANOTHER 1000$ bag this week" if I stopped :lol: I noticed last year that his friends are much better updated to my spending habits then my friends are and most of them have learned to complement my bags everytime I meet them, lol.

So, a question for the ladies, does your husbands or bfs have any expensive indulgences? It hardly seems fair for them to criticize you if they spend a large amount of money on something they like!

So, a question for the ladies, does your husbands or bfs have any expensive indulgences? It hardly seems fair for them to criticize you if they spend a large amount of money on something they like!

My hubby has $$$..$$$$$$$$$$$$ value in stamps, coins and postcards that can equal the cost of a house!! His justification? It increases RADICALLY in value.

My hubby is very supportive infact he´s bought me all my 3 bags this year the only thing i bought myself was wallet.I think he will come to accept the passion you have for bags and he will support you too.My hubby have come to love LV so much he bought himself a belt and bought him a wallet.

BTW, what is SO? Another word for husband (sorry)

Anyways, I know my hubby feels pain in the "butt" area (due to the radical reduction of $$$) ~feels like an injection, you see~:graucho: everytime I buy a new LV.....but he is not feeling it recently coz my recent purchases are Balenciagas and he doesn't know what they are....YET!!:sweatdrop:

SO is significant other...I learnt the term recently on this site....LV is obvious to many men whereas Balenciagas are so discreet he may even think that I picked it up at Walmart...seriously the Logos and patterns are a dead give away...even epi has the LV on the front and looks unique...the vernis is covered with LV's...my dh who hates purses could spot an LV from a mile down the road now:wtf: ...no fooling him now:graucho: ...dh told me that the fakes are just has nice and a heck of a lot cheaper and no one would know...I said I would know and fakes are ickkkyyyyy....anything to save...I tell ya!!!

..dh told me that the fakes are just has nice and a heck of a lot cheaper and no one would know...I said I would know and fakes are ickkkyyyyy....anything to save...I tell ya!!!

Hahahahaha!!!:roflmfao: My hubby bought me a fake LV bag in China ....he was trying to convince me that "fake quality=the ORIGINAL quality"....ahah:s wrong move by him!!

But now, he basically gave up on me but shows the occasional frown when I mention LV bags. He handles my bags with care now, you know..coz its his $$$ at stake:graucho: