eBay Chat Thead... woohoo!!!

I also wanted to note that I miss Liz :sad: Chatting won't be the same without her. I think of her often and I know we all will:cry:.
For those of you who didn't know, Liz is Elizabeth, Adopt-a-Stray, who died back in the summer. Her wicked wit and diplomatic aplomb will be sorely missed by many. Long live Liz!!!!

Yea! Chat thead or hat head or whatevah. A new place to post bag on bag violence photos!!! Andddddddddd, anybody score any new bags, shoes, or clothes recently? I have 5 new pairs of shoes...
Hi Peg, any new Dior bags or guns recently??That picture was too funny. You might want to put it here too? It can be the hat thread motto.

For those of you who didn't know, Liz is Elizabeth, Adopt-a-Stray, who died back in the summer. Her wicked wit and diplomatic aplomb will be sorely missed by many. Long live Liz!!!!

Oh no! That's so sad :cry: I'm so sorry to those of you who knew her better than me. I only saw her writings here on tPF and thought she was fab.

And I was so thrilled to find this chat thread back again, the BEST people are in here.
But that news has just blown me away.

I'll return tomorrow (it's v late here anyway)

Oh no! That's so sad :cry: I'm so sorry to those of you who knew her better than me. I only saw her writings here on tPF and thought she was fab.

And I was so thrilled to find this chat thread back again, the BEST people are in here.
But that news has just blown me away.

I'll return tomorrow (it's v late here anyway)
Expat - Liz had a HUGE heart and she took in all these stray animals (hence the name.) She directed that all her memorials go to an animal shelter nearby where she lived (Calif.) And was very funny and wise, jumping into more than one fray :graucho: here to try and diffuse things.
You are a Brit in Tokyo, how is that? I have seen your posts. All I know is the wonderful Sofia Coppola movie "Lost in Translation" and some Japanese literature (like the first known novel, The Tale of Genji by Lady Murisaki ,written in the 11th century!!...)

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I've been hanging in the "What a Fabulous Outfit and it only cost ____" in the wardrobe section......I bought my greatest find to date this week, I literally sh*t myself when I found it......a wool tweed fitted blazer by Tracy Reese, it has the most gorgeous rhinestone buttons and rhineston/sequin detail on the collar and pocket. I took some pics last night and then my camera battery died...it's being charged right now. Did I mention it was only $5.00 at Goodwill?????

:faint:!!!

Pics Pics Pics!!! Please!!! :tender:

She was a great person...and she introduced me to BV too. Now I can't spot a BV without thinking of her.

Hi there, itsonlyme - Yes, we are all going to try behave, yet be scintillating and informative. And OK downright silly:happydance:

Hi Bunny :P Love thrift stores, esp. if they carry great designer bags for pennies, right?
You bet... I get a lot of my work blouses there too... and they look fine, just someone else didn't need them anymore!

You should check this thread out. annemerrick found 2 Hermes scarves at a garage sale for a buck each. Ever since then, I've been hooked....and her outfits are TDF.

Which thread? I love vintage finds. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have happily dug through JUNK for the thrill of that one amazing deal!:P

Which thread? I love vintage finds. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have happily dug through JUNK for the thrill of that one amazing deal!:P
I went to the Rummage Sale early this year or last year? by a local women's league (maybe even DC's) and found a stained but still useable Coach makeup pouch and a Coach bag for like 30$ for both.

Attachments

• MSCfurcoat.jpg
    MSCfurcoat.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 635
I am going to post in there, too, but all time greatest find: FENDi fur coat for $230 on ebay; when I sent it back to FENDI for cleaning, they said it was worth $30K!!!!!!Can you believe that one? (overlook my gross-looking knees)
That's amazing :smile:
I got a 69$ Wedding dress that I used in 2003 but bought in 1999 or 2000 :smile: It was beautiful, Oleg Cassini, but not sure I have any good pictures of it.