question about rain and vachetta

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
ok so i would NEVER take my bh out if i thought it would rain. but of course i wore it yesterday and as i got off the bus to come home from work- it was raining! i tried to cover the straps but i got a drop or two on the handles. it's BRAND NEW! sniffle. i looked at it this morning and you can't really tell but i'm worried that when it turns you will be able to see the drops. is there anything i can do now to stop it? :sad:

No worries. Unless it got soaked you will be ok.
I wore my piano out in the rain and snow. althought not new it will still get marked, and nothing. I was surprised.

I was caught with my denim speedy and almost had a heart attack, my b/f's mother thought i was out of my mind when i stuffed the bag under his hoodie to keep it dry.
I was amazed but what rain did get on it was gone when it dried :smile:

I'm not that worried about rain anymore, it rarely leaves any visible stains. HOWEVER I could kick myself that I spilled makeup at a makeup counter on my cerises speedy and sure enough down the vachetta part... it was quite a lot darker and with oils and whatnot, what can you do? Now it has lightened again to some extent. Phew!
So rain I can handle...:yes:

I can completely understand your "rain concerns".
I may be kind of differerent than most of you -- I'm not a dark vachetta gal :wtf: I like to keep my bags looking as new as possible for the longest time
So I use my epi bags in the rain and keep my mono for sunny days.

It was really misty last week (unexpectedly) and I had my Framboise Vernis Houston. My straps got pretty spotty but its completely dried now and there are no marks. I don't treat my bags, either.

I was caught in the pouring rain with my mono speedy and thought it would be ruined but after it dried, you couldn't see anything. Of course, it does have a medium patina so I'm sure that helped. So I guess it's best to use your bag and let it darken some before going out in the rain.

It was really misty last week (unexpectedly) and I had my Framboise Vernis Houston. My straps got pretty spotty but its completely dried now and there are no marks. I don't treat my bags, either.

My Speedy too, unfortunately she took the rain many time in the same day entering and exiting from some offices and always dried without any mark :wlae:

I got fresh raspberry juicy on my handles, it was bright red, but after 1 month the red faded into oblivion, kinda amazing

anyway if I know/see that it rains heavily i chose a different bag, if there is a chance and it really starts to rain, well be it, it's gotta be used, the drops will leave some character on it :P

don't worry- it's ok. i had a little accident by the sea and got salt water all over my mono bucket bag- my DH promised me a new one if it got wrecked.... no new bag. nothing. no stains - nada...