question about rain and vachetta

I have to say I really don't worry about my LV bags in the rain. Its only the handles really and I figure as my hand covers most of them I don't need to worry. Mind you, one is Damier Ebene so I don't need to worry about that and the other two are Musette and Ellipse and both of them are quite old so the handles are darker anyway. I suppose if it was a brand new bag, I might be more worried.

I worry more about my lighter coloured Mulberry bags and my Birkin.

Hmmmm, I haven't run into that problem. But I also check the weather everyday, it's become a habit for me. When I know it's a rainy day, I'd use a Damier Bag.

well I have a possibly silly question to ask, but is it bad for your vachetta to spray rain and stain garde on it? I did my manhattan pm as soon as I got it...and it gets rained on and the rain spots go away when it dries.....not sure if this is considered bad for your bag or not per advice from the LV experts, but I use it on all my bags. I have a dooney satchel that has alot of vachetta leather and the sig. fabric is an ivory. I went out to lunch with some friends and one of the ladies brought her daughter who sat next to me and spilled her tea.....it fell all over my bag...not just a few drops.....and when it dried....no stains!!

Now....I know this is probably against what most experts would tell you to do...but I use it and won't stop either because my leather is still continuing to darken without any dirt or stains...

i dont panic, but i do find a plastic bag or put it under my arm/coat. i think it is very odd though...one day i spilled aspec of chicken grease on my bag---that totally dissolved into the grain and left no mark. yet- water lasts forever

i know exactly how ya feel! i was so sad when i got rain drops on the handles of my speedy! next time, i'm gonna carry a plastic bag in my speedy!

I always carry a plastic bag ( usually a larger Macy's bag) in all of my mono bags. I just fold it up and lay it in the bottom of the bag. Doesn't take up any space and I don't have to worry if I come out of work or a store and it is raining. I always carry an umbrella if they are calling for rain, but even with an umbrella, it is great to just put my LV in the plastic bag and carry it to my car without worrying about trying to keep it and myself under the umbrella.