What do you do for a living?

pegasuscom

O.G.
Apr 11, 2008
I know that some of us Diorophiles have to unfortunately work for a living, so exactly how are we gainfully employed? And if you are a stay at home Mom, independently wealthy or live on your yacht in the south of France, feel free to list that as well!

Well I am a very happy "Desperate House Fiancee".
I used to have a corporate job, always did very well for myself but was so stressed out and unhappy. More often than not I would come home at 10 pm and so exhausted I couldn't even bear to listen to the radio on my way home. So one day my then boyfriend told me I didn't have to do that anymore..... He owns his own business and there is always things I can do to help, I actually stay pretty busy!

I am an IT technician, contracted to a government department. I'm finding at times that I hate this job but with the GFC happening its hard to find something else right now.

I want to return to my previous job as a Practice Manager (someone who runs Medical Practices) later in the future as I found that to be much more enjoyable than what I am doing now.

I work at HQ of an international company, which is great because it means I dont have to learn Danish muhahaha

I used to be in HR and now I work with IT and a cool department called Process Excellence and we try to make things go smoother and easier for the rest of the company:smile:. If only they paid me decently, I would be the happiest person on Earth....sigh

^ + a lot of creativity in making great images for the rest of us to enjoy! :biggrin:

Btw. I administrate appartment buildings - have no idea what that title would be in English, in Danish it is Ejendomsadministrator *he he* Nat, help me out! - it's a deskjob mostly but I also attend lots of board meetings and run the annual GA's so plenty of 'evenings out' on that account.

^ + a lot of creativity in making great images for the rest of us to enjoy! :biggrin:

Btw. I administrate appartment buildings - have no idea what that title would be in English, in Danish it is Ejendomsadministrator *he he* Nat, help me out! - it's a deskjob mostly but I also attend lots of board meetings and run the annual GA's so plenty of 'evenings out' on that account.

I dont have a clue LOL landlord on a corporate scale;)? Anyhow, adding Ejendomsadministrator to my extensive 5 word Danish vocabulary now hihi

I was director of marketing for a large defense contractor
mx34.gif
(boring!) and then left and became a consultant (more $$$). The usual horror stories with sexual harassment, glass ceilings and all the rest of it. Why men in a corporation think they have a right to lay their hands on the women that work there is beyond my comprehension.
gi73.gif
Since I have moved, I own a small print, web, media marketing/design company, work in the fam horse biz, and sell designer and other stuff on *bay & bonz sometimes! Now you know why I am up at all hours and never sleep!
mk16.gif
Or maybe I am just a vampire...

It is an honor to be amongst such Type A, accomplished women who kick *ss!