Bag Insults - Ever Had One?

ampeefyed

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
So this is going to be a short rant. :P

We share our shopping experiences and finds alot, and are pretty close shopping buddies. Just the other day, i was chatting with my girlfriend and i happened to mentioned that i just recently got a Bal bag.. as the reason for being broke.

She asked why i got a "motorcycle bag" and said that it was "such a cliché".

In my head i was going: no a cliché is an LV Monogram Speedy. (no offense to anyone really, it's a more common bag i think!)

But i said: That range of Balenciaga is called the Motorcycle bag. I got the City.
And that was that.

I am nooooott a clicheeeeé.

Just the cliche "what did you pay for that?" and the equally as rude "is that real?"
What goes through my head...*#@?#*#
how I respond...a quiet yes with a disturbed look.:graucho:

oh yes. i'm the only one out of my closest friends and family that's crazy about bags. they all say i'm crazy for spending that much on a bag because they never would, but then again they love my bags... sigh...

oh, yeah. one time i was carrying my lv damier azure speedy 25 and my co-worker is like..
"i don't get it what u see in that bag" i will never buy a bag that cost that much and not leather "

i was so annoyed that i just said - to each his own. in my opinion that bag is so beautiful.

tactless human being!!! grrr:mad:

My mom is the only one who makes comments like "You spent how much??" (and I buy Tano bags.... never more than $250 new per!!!! Hello that's nothing!) and "How many bags do you need?" (answer: as many as they keep making that I love :lol: )

Since it's my mom I forgive her each time.

sure. my bf does practically on a daily basis. he hates most of my bags. he said my chanel reissues were nothing special and boring. :wtf: oh, well. i hate how he dresses, so i exchange barbs with him. :lol:

I seem to get alot of "you're only paying for the name" comments. I'm like okay. Find me a bag this beautiful without a name on it. You may be able to. But it won't be leather and last forever.

omg you must be my twin lol i get that allllll the time

Make that triplets!!!

My answer to their first question is now "I'm not sure it was a gift" coz it leaves them with nowhere to go

JEALOUSY MY DEARS - mean mouthed JEALOUSY

My sister (who introdiced me to the bag-drug with her real gift of a Paul Smith Satchel) once had a stranger come up to her in the street and say:

"you people make me sick with your bags and fancy shoes, it's people like you that caused the recession":nuts:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: whateve
The biggest insult I've ever received was, "Your bags look generally the same to me, like similar pattern or shape." WHAT? HELLO?! I make every effort to ensure that my bags look as different from each other as possible without compromising what I would like to have. The only thing that I purposely do to make them the same and/or similar to one antoher is when I buy the same bag in either different colors/materials or an exact duplicate if I especially love the bag enough to miss it if it gets too worn out to continue using. I have extremely eclectic taste, and I think only a bag fan would see that, not some person who's blissfully untrained in the eye, i.e. the SO.

So this is going to be a short rant. :P

We share our shopping experiences and finds alot, and are pretty close shopping buddies. Just the other day, i was chatting with my girlfriend and i happened to mentioned that i just recently got a Bal bag.. as the reason for being broke.

She asked why i got a "motorcycle bag" and said that it was "such a cliché".

In my head i was going: no a cliché is an LV Monogram Speedy. (no offense to anyone really, it's a more common bag i think!)

But i said: That range of Balenciaga is called the Motorcycle bag. I got the City.
And that was that.

I am nooooott a clicheeeeé.

"Insults" to your face are plain rude, but I think that "I would never pay that much for a bag" comments are just the normal reactions of most people who are not TPFers. Most people who say that don't feel like it's anything more than an off-handed comment (and maybe even a compliment to you that you could afford to spend so much on a bag!). Many of these comments probably meant no harm to the speaker and could have been put in a gentler way.

I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to jealousy, maybe just a surprised reaction to what is obvious a very unusual obsession here at tPF. In fact, I think that too much of the issues here at tPF are overly attributed to jealousy. I know women who are much richer than I am who would say that they wouldn't pay a few hundred dollars for a bag. If a friend of yours bought something disposable, say, a set of eating utensils (forks and spoons) for over $3000, my first reaction would certainly be, whoa that costs a lot! To most people in the "real" world, bags are considered to be of the same disposability :smile:

Make that triplets!!!

My answer to their first question is now "I'm not sure it was a gift" coz it leaves them with nowhere to go

JEALOUSY MY DEARS - mean mouthed JEALOUSY

My sister (who introdiced me to the bag-drug with her real gift of a Paul Smith Satchel) once had a stranger come up to her in the street and say:

"you people make me sick with your bags and fancy shoes, it's people like you that caused the recession":nuts:

wow. that's utterly disgusting.