TODS Lovers III, show me your JP TODS TODS

I'm building my Tod's collection and would like to get a D-bag Grande. As best I can discern, the most recent Grande Restyled D-bags were made only in patent and came in red, silver, and perhaps a couple of other colors. I generally don't carry patent bags (just a personal preference for myself), but I'm thinking the Tod's patent might be very different from the patent I'm accustomed to seeing.

I've been told Tod's patent leather has more of a sheen than a true patent appearance, but it's really tough to tell anything for certain from the photos on the Web sites. Anyone have comments to share re the appearance of Tod's patent IRL? I'm particularly interested in comments re the red patent, but would also be interested in comments re other colors. Do you think a red patent Re-styled D-bag would ever be appropriate for a business meeting? Thanks!

Anyone here got the G-bag? :smile:

Not yet, but I am thinking about it. Actually I am going to Italy in a couple of weeks, and might visit the Tod's shops in Milan (they have three, all of them very nice - the largest is on three floors!!!) to check them out. The G-bag looks nice and practical, but I want to try it IRL before I commit.

I'm building my Tod's collection and would like to get a D-bag Grande. As best I can discern, the most recent Grande Restyled D-bags were made only in patent and came in red, silver, and perhaps a couple of other colors. I generally don't carry patent bags (just a personal preference for myself), but I'm thinking the Tod's patent might be very different from the patent I'm accustomed to seeing.

I've been told Tod's patent leather has more of a sheen than a true patent appearance, but it's really tough to tell anything for certain from the photos on the Web sites. Anyone have comments to share re the appearance of Tod's patent IRL? I'm particularly interested in comments re the red patent, but would also be interested in comments re other colors. Do you think a red patent Re-styled D-bag would ever be appropriate for a business meeting? Thanks!

I have the t bag in black patent and I love it. The patent is a crinkle patent, which in my opinion, looks a lot better than the mirrored patent. I have seen the D bag in black patent and it is the mirrored patent, which is shinier and shows fingerprints. I have not seen the red patent IRL but I am guessing that it is the mirrored patent as well because it is the D bag.

LT Lady,
Oh goody, do let us know what you see at the Outlets. I'm quite sure we'll be seeing some of them on sale on ebay soon :P

Have fun!

I did not go and probably won't, I just did some substantial damage at BG on a Bottega Veneta.

The sale goes through the 24th. Some of the bags have already popped up on eBay!

Last edited:
My digital camera is dead and the one from my cellphone is just crap. I only own 1 Tod's. It is an older model called the "press" bag (it is like a trapezoid shape) that my best friend got me when she vacationed in Paris (she got it from the Tod's store in Paris) many many years ago. It is an absolute stunner! I don't take this beauty out too often because I am fearful of ruining it!

Here are the requested photos, Thanks!

Attachments

• 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 509
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 474
  • 068.JPG
    068.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 498
Hi, am considering buying the G-bag in Calf Leather camel color or the yellow one in Laminated Canvas? the leather material is almost double the price of the laminated canvas? which one would you prefer in terms of use, durability and value? if ever, this would be my first bag purchase at Tod's. I mostly have Louis Vuitton bags. Thanks!