Chalcedony Alhambra

From my experience chalcedony tend to be readily available, they may not have multiple pieces in stock but you can always let your SA know that you'd love to have at leas 2-3 pieces to choose from so he/she can book you an appointment when that option become available.

As for what to look out for, it really comes down to your preference. Do you want your chalcedony to look more blue or lavender? The chalcedony itself it's a very pale blue shade, when it's more translucent, it'll appear more lavender on your skin because our skin (no matter warm or cool tone) has a tint of redness to it, so blue + red = purple. If you want it to be more blue, then go for one that's more opaque.

Then you look at the striations, do you prefer them to look more uniformed or different? Chalcedony reminds me of little clouds and funny thing is, while I typically go for things that are uniformed and symmetrical, but I opted for a 5 motif where each stone has some unique patterns/striations to make it more interesting and fun to look at.

In terms on length, I have 8 links removed for mine, making it around 15 cm to fit my 13 cm wrist. Because the motifs have the tendency to flip, it'll twist the chain and make the bracelet feel tighter at times. 8 links will be way too tight & restricting on you even when the motifs don't flip. By removing 6 links it'll be around 16 cm, giving you 2 cm of room. The only drawback with 6 links removed is the uneven links between each motif won't be symmetrical, it'll be 4-3-3-4, but when you're wearing it it's not that noticeable. 4 links would give you even number of links but quite loose on your wrist, at around 17 cm and not ideal for stacking. But it's totally up to you, the boutique should have the try-on kit available so you can see which length works best for you (6 links vs 4 links).

For reference, here's a post of someone showing the bracelet at 6 links & 4 links removed.

This is of big help, thank you.
From internet pics, I’ll definitely choose translucency over color. As for striations, I don’t know until i see some and compare!

Those who own chalcedony, does your crystal change “color” after years of wear? I know this may also depend on individual’s body chemical reaction with the crystal. I know someone with her white striations becoming more clear (making some of the motifs look quite transparent). Wonder if this is supposed to be so?

And so to update, I’ve purchased my first 5 motif. It is obvious which one is it at this point lol.

Last month I visited the local store (it wasn’t planned. I was near but only had 15mins to spare). I tried a few VA bracelets. I thought I would like TE,but it didn’t sit well on me (I still think it is gorgeous itself). I tried the onyx and I love the contrast of black and gold but personally I don’t have feel for onyx stone (I went on later to have something made with jade stone instead, with my jeweller). And a few more.

And reason I chose chalcedony is I have gathered that it has the least “problems” compared to other VCA stones (though I decided I will not shower nor swim with it), other than it is very pretty set in WG and also it makes me feel young when having it on lol. Totally different flavour compared to my current jewelry pieces.

My bracelet should be ready next week, hopefully. I plan to wear it alone for as long as I want because it deserves so. However stack pics are welcome for future reference!

Last edited:
Thank you for this information. I have three pieces of chalcedony (magic necklace, 20 motif necklace and bracelet).
It is the only color I am interested in. I just find it such a classic stone. My last piece I think will be another bracelet. I like the look of two identical bracelets worn together.

Again, just a thank you for explaining this so thoroughly and thoughtfully!

Reactions: Purrsey
And so to update, I’ve purchased my first 5 motif. It is obvious which one is it at this point lol.

Last month I visited the local store (it wasn’t planned. I was near but only had 15mins to spare). I tried a few VA bracelets. I thought I would like TE,but it didn’t sit well on me (I still think it is gorgeous itself). I tried the onyx and I love the contrast of black and gold but personally I don’t have feel for onyx stone (I went on later to have something made with jade stone instead, with my jeweller). And a few more.

And reason I chose chalcedony is I have gathered that it has the least “problems” compared to other VCA stones (though I decided I will not shower nor swim with it), other than it is very pretty set in WG and also it makes me feel young when having it on lol. Totally different flavour compared to my current jewelry pieces.

My bracelet should be ready next week, hopefully. I plan to wear it alone for as long as I want because it deserves so. However stack pics are welcome for future reference!
You will love it. Think of possibly adding an additional. Two worn together is a great look.

Those who own chalcedony, does your crystal change “color” after years of wear? I know this may also depend on individual’s body chemical reaction with the crystal. I know someone with her white striations becoming more clear (making some of the motifs look quite transparent). Wonder if this is supposed to be so?
Congratulations on your new purchase, I love this stone! No, the striations and opaqueness do not change over time and are present in various degrees from the beginning. Sometimes when our skin color changes overtime it makes these semi-translucent stones look different on the skin, and this may have happened to the person you mention.

I've never noticed my chalcedony changed color, it's almost 2 years old at this point and I've worn it a ton. One of my friends have had her chalcedony VA pendant for 6 years, she wears it almost daily, and in the shower and to the beach, still look the same as she first got it and no urgency to replace the stone yet. The only time/place where I've heard a few people mentioned the chalcedony turned translucent is on XHS, but I have a strong feeling that those few individuals have purchased a replica but assumed it's authentic.

No change at all after many years. 10+??? I agree about feeling young. Chalcedony has a brightness and lightness and the striations that make it easy and interesting. My absolute favorite VCA stone. Congratulations!!! Please share modshots when you can.

Thank you all.

@waterlily112 May I ask what is XHS?

Re : the stone transparency changes with time. This lady is in my jade-following group and she remarks that some of her jade pieces also changed luminosity after years of wear. Not sure how long. That’s all the info I’ve got!

Thank you all.

@waterlily112 May I ask what is XHS?

Re : the stone transparency changes with time. This lady is in my jade-following group and she remarks that some of her jade pieces also changed luminosity after years of wear. Not sure how long. That’s all the info I’ve got!
I assumed (and seems confirmed by google search):
XHS
Xiaohongshu (Chinese: 小红书; pinyin: xiǎohóngshū; lit. 'Little Red Book')

thanks @nicole0612

And so I read it up in Wikipedia

So it’s like a Chinese Instagram and users are mainly from the 1990s. No wonder I have never heard of it. :lol:
I only know about it from tpf, they usually have product leaks before anywhere else. I assume it is “Red”, which is like a Chinese instagram I suppose. I’m guessing other countries may use it also, if there is no language barrier. I’m not sure about the demographics, but 1990s-2000s born seem to be the main users of social media in general. I have never seen Red myself, but I am always excited when someone gets an advanced photo of a new VCA piece on that site! Real leaked photos of the holiday pendant and new lines always seem to be up there first, and then some nice member posts it here, while people are still randomly guessing in posts on IG!

So happy for you BTW! We are twins now! I got the Chaumet WG Liens that you also have mainly to have a slim bracelet that I could wear with my Chalcedony bracelet. They are both so soft and peaceful looking. I tried to resist the chalcedony bracelet, because I am usually not a quiet jewelry person, but it just sang to me. Congrats!

So happy for you BTW! We are twins now! I got the Chaumet WG Liens that you also have mainly to have a slim bracelet that I could wear with my Chalcedony bracelet. They are both so soft and peaceful looking. I tried to resist the chalcedony bracelet, because I am usually not a quiet jewelry person, but it just sang to me. Congrats!
Hi twinsy =)
We are totally reversed but the result is aptly pleasurable.

TBH, yours was the last draw for me. I kept thinking about it, however it was the WG I wasn’t too sure about, as my jewelry are mainly gold. The Liens, like you said being slim, wasn’t too much to think about compared to the whole chalcedony/WG/VA combo. Likewise, I also tried to resist because it is not my usual style.

When I stepped into the store, I wanted to keep an open mind and I would like to mainly see how I feel about TE and Chalcedony (they sure are totally different).

I feel empowered when I put on the TE, but I didn’t feel ready. After that I tried the Chalcedony and something wasn’t quite good and the SA suggested to switch hand (I had been trying on my right hand which had just the Clash bracelet).

Once I was wearing it on my left, the choice becomes clear. My left had my Cartier steel watch and my light lavender jade bangle (I happened to change out my watch and bangle before work that morning and I had no plan then to go to VCA). They were there at the right time (not necessary I will be stacking that way but that moment I knew this bracelet is gonna work). I did try these bracelets a year ago; but this round it sings to me surely. That’s how my story goes!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nicole0612