Chalcedony Alhambra

Hi twinsy =)
We are totally reversed but the result is aptly pleasurable.

TBH, yours was the last draw for me. I kept thinking about it, however it was the WG I wasn’t too sure about, as my jewelry are mainly gold. The Liens, like you said being slim, wasn’t too much to think about compared to the whole chalcedony/WG/VA combo. Likewise, I also tried to resist because it is not my usual style.

When I stepped into the store, I wanted to keep an open mind and I would like to mainly see how I feel about TE and Chalcedony (they sure are totally different).

I feel empowered when I put on the TE, but I didn’t feel ready. After that I tried the Chalcedony and something wasn’t quite good and the SA suggested to switch hand (I had been trying on my right hand which had just the Clash bracelet).

Once I was wearing it on my left, the choice becomes clear. My left had my Cartier steel watch and my light lavender jade bangle (I happened to change out my watch and bangle before work that morning and I had no plan then to go to VCA). They were there at the right time (not necessary I will be stacking that way but that moment I knew this bracelet is gonna work). I did try these bracelets a year ago; but this round it sings to me surely. That’s how my story goes!
That is amazing! It happened similarly for me. I tried it on my right hand, which had some Cartier RG bracelets, and while it was lovely, I wasn’t sure if I could make it work. Then, like you, I tried it on my left hand with my WG/steel watch and it was heavenly. I am waiting to get it shortened also, so haven’t had a chance to try it out other than to try it on. I am looking forward to seeing your photos now and then when you get yours back. I know you will inspire me with your natural, flowing style, as you always do.

• Thanks
Reactions: Purrsey
Thank you all.

@waterlily112 May I ask what is XHS?

Re : the stone transparency changes with time. This lady is in my jade-following group and she remarks that some of her jade pieces also changed luminosity after years of wear. Not sure how long. That’s all the info I’ve got!
xiao hong shu / little red book.

Yes, this is exactly where the misconception came from. Chalcedony (yu shui) has a similar name to jade (yu) in chinese, but even though both have 'yu' in their names, they're two completely different stones with different chemical compositions. And even with genuine purple jade (not yu shui) isn't suppose to fade in color or become translucent overtime, only the fake and low quality ones that's been injected with dye would have this happen to them, because dye is susceptible to heat and other chemical exposures.

btw, congrats on the chalcedony 5 motif. it's a beautiful stone and you won't have to worry about the color changing or fading :smile:

Last edited:
Those who own chalcedony, does your crystal change “color” after years of wear? I know this may also depend on individual’s body chemical reaction with the crystal. I know someone with her white striations becoming more clear (making some of the motifs look quite transparent). Wonder if this is supposed to be so?
I have had chalcedony (non-VCA) jewelry for several years and have not seen any color changes.

Reactions: hhw and Purrsey