Chalcedony Alhambra

I haven't had the itch for a new VCA piece for a very long time.....and Chalcedony hit me like a truck. It was a calling. I have never took that much attention to it, rather I thought it was boring and wondered how some people thought that it was beautiful. And yes I am being punished for my opinion and they are all unfortunately sold out.....so I ordered a 10 motif necklace. And no, I have never tried it before ;) I can't wait for it to arrive.
Congratulations!! I have a ten motif too. It’s a stunning necklace. Please share pics when you receive it.

• Love
Reactions: honhon
Congratulations!! I have a ten motif too. It’s a stunning necklace. Please share pics when you receive it.
Thanks EpiFanatic! Its going to be my first 10 motif. I have 20 motif onyx that I don't wear much, and hopefully I will get to wear the 10. I have a question, did you touch up on the length of your 10? If you don't mind would you share a photo of you wearing yours? I am so excited..... the best part is the waiting.

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Recently bought a 5 motif and 20 motif Chalcedony and love them!
I used to think why people buy chalcedony lol. Now I know :smile:
Planning to add some pave wg earrings to go with the 20 motif but in dilemma. Considering Chanel bouton de camelia wg earrings :heart:
Any other suggestions?
Thank you

Planning to add some pave wg earrings to go with the 20 motif but in dilemma. Considering Chanel bouton de camelia wg earrings :heart:
Any other suggestions?
Thank you
Oooh the Camelia earrings would go so well!! Perhaps also the lotus earrings?

Reactions: VcaHaddict
Any other suggestions?
Thank you
I used to feel the same way. Now that I own the 5 motif I'm totally in love with how the color and pattern have such great depth in person.

Have you tried on the perlee diamond earrings before? One of my friends own a pair and they're very eye catching and sparkly in person. I've tried on the VA pave before and tbh, it felt a bit flat and underwhelming when worn on the ears, maybe because I have long hair that blocking out the most of the light. Frivole small model is really nice too but I feel like it kind of overpower the chalcedony. So perlee would be the happy medium imo if you want to get something from VCA. If MTO is an option to you, you can get the VA or magic size earrings made in chalcedony.

1700687552139.png

• Love
I used to feel the same way. Now that I own the 5 motif I'm totally in love with how the color and pattern have such great depth in person.

Have you tried on the perlee diamond earrings before? One of my friends own a pair and they're very eye catching and sparkly in person. I've tried on the VA pave before and tbh, it felt a bit flat and underwhelming when worn on the ears, maybe because I have long hair that blocking out the most of the light. Frivole small model is really nice too but I feel like it kind of overpower the chalcedony. So perlee would be the happy medium imo if you want to get something from VCA. If MTO is an option to you, you can get the VA or magic size earrings made in chalcedony.

View attachment 5899211
I tried these earrings in YG few years back and thought that they are small for my liking. So, haven’t tried them in wg. I will try them on again if they are available haha.
I have the small frivole pave in rg and VA pave in yg. So I am not considering them in another metal. But you are right, frivole pave will overpower chalcedony.
My SA did put in a MTO Magic chalcedony earrings for me. I am rethinking about the 30% markup though. VA chalcedony earrings would match perfectly too but the same 30% will apply.
Also, I feel that pave wg earrings will add some bling to my chalcedony set.

Reactions: waterlily112
Any other suggestions?
Thank you
I love the idea of the Camellia earrings! I have tried them on and thought they were pretty.

• Love
I tried these earrings in YG few years back and thought that they are small for my liking. So, haven’t tried them in wg. I will try them on again if they are available haha.
I have the small frivole pave in rg and VA pave in yg. So I am not considering them in another metal. But you are right, frivole pave will overpower chalcedony.
My SA did put in a MTO Magic chalcedony earrings for me. I am rethinking about the 30% markup though. VA chalcedony earrings would match perfectly too but the same 30% will apply.
Also, I feel that pave wg earrings will add some bling to my chalcedony set.
Yes, give the WG version a try with your 20 motif & see if you like how they look together :yes:

I feel you on the MTO chalcedony. I think the magic size makes more sense though since it's a different size from your 20 motif so it adds some contrast, but some may think that it's too chalcedony heavy. I also prefer some pave pieces with chalcedony, the bling really help to dress up the stones because without it they look quite casual. Look forward to see what you end up getting ;)

• Love
I think Chalcedony is an underrated color! It's also one of the pieces which I feel like it looks pretty unique and different in real life vs. the website color. I recently picked it up as my 2nd ever purchase from VCA and loving it 🙂.

I also conveniently picked up a t shirt recently which matches the Chalcedony color exactly, so I think it looks great 😎😁.

Attachments

• PXL_20230926_153601238_exported_5731.jpg
    PXL_20230926_153601238_exported_5731.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 221
  • PXL_20230926_153601238_exported_3729.jpg
    PXL_20230926_153601238_exported_3729.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 221
Hi. What is the typical wait for the 5 motif bracelet ?
What do you look out for on the chalcedony stones?
How short or the link combo should it be for a 14cm wrist?. I kinda remember seeing this thread on sizing before but I can’t find it now!

Any dos and donts when buying one? :coolio:

Last edited:
How short or the link combo should it be for a 14cm wrist?. I kinda remember seeing this thread on sizing before but I can’t find it now!

I'll let others who have chalcedony answer the stone questions, but for sizing, I would suggest trying it on when it comes in and working with your SA to say exactly how many links to remove. They can adjust it so that it fits you best.

With these stones, you don't have to worry about them flipping around and showing the "back" side the way you do with pave motifs, so just pick what feels comfortable to you.

I'll let others who have chalcedony answer the stone questions, but for sizing, I would suggest trying it on when it comes in and working with your SA to say exactly how many links to remove. They can adjust it so that it fits you best.

With these stones, you don't have to worry about them flipping around and showing the "back" side the way you do with pave motifs, so just pick what feels comfortable to you.
Thank you. It’s a good point about the flipping. The hammered has no “back” side too, am i correct?

Reactions: spaul

From my experience chalcedony tend to be readily available, they may not have multiple pieces in stock but you can always let your SA know that you'd love to have at leas 2-3 pieces to choose from so he/she can book you an appointment when that option become available.

As for what to look out for, it really comes down to your preference. Do you want your chalcedony to look more blue or lavender? The chalcedony itself it's a very pale blue shade, when it's more translucent, it'll appear more lavender on your skin because our skin (no matter warm or cool tone) has a tint of redness to it, so blue + red = purple. If you want it to be more blue, then go for one that's more opaque.

Then you look at the striations, do you prefer them to look more uniformed or different? Chalcedony reminds me of little clouds and funny thing is, while I typically go for things that are uniformed and symmetrical, but I opted for a 5 motif where each stone has some unique patterns/striations to make it more interesting and fun to look at.

In terms on length, I have 8 links removed for mine, making it around 15 cm to fit my 13 cm wrist. Because the motifs have the tendency to flip, it'll twist the chain and make the bracelet feel tighter at times. 8 links will be way too tight & restricting on you even when the motifs don't flip. By removing 6 links it'll be around 16 cm, giving you 2 cm of room. The only drawback with 6 links removed is the uneven links between each motif won't be symmetrical, it'll be 4-3-3-4, but when you're wearing it it's not that noticeable. 4 links would give you even number of links but quite loose on your wrist, at around 17 cm and not ideal for stacking. But it's totally up to you, the boutique should have the try-on kit available so you can see which length works best for you (6 links vs 4 links).

For reference, here's a post of someone showing the bracelet at 6 links & 4 links removed.

Last edited: