Yvonne Kone and Metier London items

Hermezzy

Humility Love Faith
O.G.
Jul 14, 2012
Hi Ladies and Gents:

Have you purchased any bags/accessories from Yvonne Kone and Metier London? If so, have you been enjoying them? I've purchased some items and would love to exchange thoughts!

I had never heard of the brand but I have just had a look at their website.
I love their minimalist designs and the leathers look gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing, Hermezzy.

• Love
Reactions: Hermezzy
I had never heard of the brand but I have just had a look at their website.
I love their minimalist designs and the leathers look gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing, Hermezzy.
I have purchased two Yvonne Kone totes- I love supporting black-owned brands and they are nice bags. They are made in Tuscany. Melissa Morris founded Metier London- those items are also made in Italy. A different aesthetic- Kone is more minimalist and pared down/Scandinavian and Metier has more hardware/adornment, but they are both under the radar. I've had some Metier pieces and they have some really nice functionality.

Reactions: Mariapia
I have two Metier bags in my sights - the Perriand City and the Perriand City Small. Sadly though, the color I want is out of stock until this fall. But I have them on pre-order. I may also get the Roma Mini Clutch as soon as I sell two or three other bags I have (two LV and a Gucci.) I love the quality and craftsmanship on the Metier bags, which is now more important to me than brand labels.

I have two Metier bags in my sights - the Perriand City and the Perriand City Small. Sadly though, the color I want is out of stock until this fall. But I have them on pre-order. I may also get the Roma Mini Clutch as soon as I sell two or three other bags I have (two LV and a Gucci.) I love the quality and craftsmanship on the Metier bags, which is now more important to me than brand labels.
Just wondering if you were able to get your Perriands yet? I too have been eyeing these models for a while and am curious about your experience.

I had my hands on a different model bag at Nordstrom recently and was impressed by the craftsmanship. Also I got the Westman Atelier collaboration makeup holder when it came out - I have used it extensively and it's a fantastic product.

I just checked out the Metier website and I’m in love with their suede bags. Now I want one, a suede bag I can use everywhere and it’ll look old and beat up. Gorgeous!

I was in NYC Nordstrom yesterday and was interested to note that the Yvonne Kone bags are just next to the Metier display. The Kone bags look very modern and clean-lined.

Awaiting the Perriand, although I am a bit concerned about the weight. Tried on the linen version at Nordstrom and was surprised by how heavy it is. (According to NAP the Small comes in at just under 3 lb.)

Reactions: Hermezzy
Do you have photos of yours?
It's in my off-season storage waiting to be sprung once fall hits - I'll photograph it in action when I get it out in a few weeks. (It was seriously painful putting it away without using it first but dark suede in NYC summer heat is a no-go for me.)

But it's this one:
1662311589080.png

• Love
Reactions: savoy85
I'm looking for an everyday work bag that can hold laptop etc- have been for months...years! All of the 'recommended work bag' lists I come across I don't like most of them, as they are either too minimalist for me, or too status/ corporate looking. I really like the look of the metier private eye. Anyone had any experience with this one? I don't know too much about bags, does it look good quality for the price?

@lustroy @bagnut1
Do you have pictures of your perriand you can share?

Bagnut, how is the suede? I fantasize about the market bag in suede but I just don’t know about spending that much on something I haven’t touched.
The suede is excellent. They really know what they are doing.

I too love the Market Bag but I don't do shoulder-only carry bags so must admire that one from afar.

Reactions: Annawakes