Yvonne Kone and Metier London items

The suede is excellent. They really know what they are doing.

I too love the Market Bag but I don't do shoulder-only carry bags so must admire that one from afar.
Good to know that you like the suede. Maybe I will take the plunge this Christmas and order one for myself. I’m only drawn to their suede bags, strangely.

Reactions: bagnut1
Bumping this thread a bit,

Can anyone tell me more about their experience with métier? They’re suppose to be lightweight leather (good to know the suede holds up)? And what about modeling pics?

I’ve seen a few of their bags pop up and like the look/silhouette but there is a color combo that really caught my eye and am thinking about using it as every day bag.

Bumping this thread a bit,

Can anyone tell me more about their experience with métier? They’re suppose to be lightweight leather (good to know the suede holds up)? And what about modeling pics?

I’ve seen a few of their bags pop up and like the look/silhouette but there is a color combo that really caught my eye and am thinking about using it as every day bag.
My Perriand city small hasn’t been out that much but it’s very comfy, light and seems like it is very well made.

Just popping in to say that I am still inching towards taking the plunge and ordering a bag. Still deciding which one to try.

I’m considering three bags:
1. The double minimalist in suede
2. The crossbody perriand in atelier calf with braided handles (think this one is currently out of stock)
3. The small incognito in smooth calf mushroom

While I initially fell in love with the market tote in suede, my practical side is telling me it’s probably too big to use as an every day bag. Or a year round bag. So I am leaning towards the double minimalist in suede since I want to get a feel for the quality of the suede.

One thing I don’t like about the bags is how the straps attach. I don’t like those circle and bar attachments. Seem flimsy for a $3k bag.

I wish they would do real spring clips and with wider straps.

Their strap selection is also a bit clumsy looking. Those braided straps are too thick and awkward to look refined.

One thing I don’t like about the bags is how the straps attach. I don’t like those circle and bar attachments. Seem flimsy for a $3k bag.

I wish they would do real spring clips and with wider straps.

Their strap selection is also a bit clumsy looking. Those braided straps are too thick and awkward to look refined.
The design of the strap attachment is not flimsy at all and is deceptively clever.

1) It is much less abrasive to the bag itself than the H-style or similar spring clips (just ask my previously pristine Bolide after I attached a brand new (also H) strap and immediately got a tarnish mark that will require the spa to remove.
2) It also allows you to insert one of their "clip in" pouches or minibags and use the same strap if desired.

Reactions: Annawakes
The design of the strap attachment is not flimsy at all and is deceptively clever.

1) It is much less abrasive to the bag itself than the H-style or similar spring clips (just ask my previously pristine Bolide after I attached a brand new (also H) strap and immediately got a tarnish mark that will require the spa to remove.
2) It also allows you to insert one of their "clip in" pouches or minibags and use the same strap if desired.
Thanks for the input. I really like the idea of a bigger bag with the clip in pouch. The pouch would be perfect for school runs and gym.

Right now I’m moving stuff from a bigger bag to a smaller bag every time I go to the gym.

Just browsing the Metier site to see which retailers sell their bags. I found this backpack I really like. I would love this suede backpack. Sold out….probably from an earlier season?

View attachment 5682099
Looks like it's only available in linen right now. I have found their customer service to be very responsive (and prompt). Might be worth inquiring if/when it will be back in stock in the leather you prefer.

I am so happy to see this thread. I am now only in the market for really well made bags, and I love suede, so happy to follow here before taking the plunge. I wish I would have stopped by the Metier showroom when I was in London in November. Next time for sure.

I ordered! After much much indecision I ordered the small incognito crossbody in Marrakech suede.

I felt the minimalist was too pricey for what it is…the incognito in smooth calf is pretty but I really really wanted suede…and I want to try out a less expensive bag before I take the plunge on their pricier perriand in atelier calfskin with braided handles.

I will post pictures and initial thoughts when I receive the bag!

Ps mods - can we rename this thread to be just “Metier London”?

I’m really excited. TBH I’ve gotten really bored with browsing LV and H. I’ve been searching for an excellent quality under the radar brand that will last. I like their “anti-replacement” ethos.

Reactions: ParisBound
My incognito crossbody in Marrakech suede arrived!

First impressions- the bag is softly structured, the suede is velvety, and the magnetic pockets are great. The handles are a bit flimsy. I don’t like how they come to a point where they attach to the bag. The pointy corners are starting to lift a little.

The glazing looks good all around and the stitching is fairly even. The bag is made in Italy. The strap is quite narrow, and sometimes the backside shows because of how they attach. Kind of annoying. The strap has a lot of holes though, so no problem for tall people.

I’m pleased with the purchase and will see how I enjoy using it. Pics!

20CF1349-EC06-48E5-BBD1-13045D586A64.jpeg

78D9B4A5-CF6A-459A-9AC2-6BCAF9078E1A.jpeg

0F09B09C-3BEC-4CE8-8428-07E9AA69336C.jpeg

1F373EEE-ABA0-4E92-A30B-060F58FD69F9.jpeg

My incognito crossbody in Marrakech suede arrived!

First impressions- the bag is softly structured, the suede is velvety, and the magnetic pockets are great. The handles are a bit flimsy. I don’t like how they come to a point where they attach to the bag. The pointy corners are starting to lift a little.

The glazing looks good all around and the stitching is fairly even. The bag is made in Italy. The strap is quite narrow, and sometimes the backside shows because of how they attach. Kind of annoying. The strap has a lot of holes though, so no problem for tall people.

I’m pleased with the purchase and will see how I enjoy using it. Pics!

View attachment 5688609

View attachment 5688610

View attachment 5688611

View attachment 5688612
Beautiful bag! Will be interested to hear how you like it after carrying it a bit.