Yvonne Kone and Metier London items

I’ve been using my Metier incognito crossbody for the last 2 days and I am pleased with it.

The bag looks smart, simple, and understated. It says “quality” without screaming. The magnetic pockets are useful for keeping small things in one place (like when my daughter gave me a bunch of tiny hair clips she didn’t want to wear anymore). I slipped them into one of the interior magnetic pockets.

The size is great. It’s not too small, holds a lot, but doesn’t look like a “big” bag. A really great size.

The strap isn’t bothering me as much as I thought. I like the hand carry look and then casually slinging over the shoulder. It’s an effortlessly cool bag in the suede, which I love. My first suede bag ever.

Reactions: MokeyLV and bagnut1
Just popping back in to say I’m still pleased with my suede incognito crossbody. No complaints. Took it out in a drizzly rain and it’s fine.

I would buy another Metier. I want to try the perriand next in the atelier calf. Looks dreamy. Maybe I ought to sell an H bag to fund it lol

Reactions: thelilachour
Just popping back in to say I’m still pleased with my suede incognito crossbody. No complaints. Took it out in a drizzly rain and it’s fine.

I would buy another Metier. I want to try the perriand next in the atelier calf. Looks dreamy. Maybe I ought to sell an H bag to fund it lol
Thanks for the update. I'm considering getting the Incognito crossbody or the Perriand City small in smooth calfskin black. Just have to choose which one. I think I'm leaning towards the Incognito first to try out the brand.

Reactions: Annawakes
I've been lusting after the private eye for some time, to use as an everyday work bag. The only thing holding me back (besides the price) is the shoulder strap. Like others have said, it looks so skinny for a bag I would load up with a laptop and water bottles and other heavy things. I also tend to dislike bags where the shoulder strap ends attach on front and back of the bag rather than on the sides of the bag...I feel like it makes the bag hang in a lopsided sort of way. But it's so gorgeous siiiiiigh

I've been lusting after the private eye for some time, to use as an everyday work bag. The only thing holding me back (besides the price) is the shoulder strap. Like others have said, it looks so skinny for a bag I would load up with a laptop and water bottles and other heavy things. I also tend to dislike bags where the shoulder strap ends attach on front and back of the bag rather than on the sides of the bag...I feel like it makes the bag hang in a lopsided sort of way. But it's so gorgeous siiiiiigh
I totally agree with you about the strap attachment preference. I was actually more worried about that than the strap width on my Perriand City Small.

Perhaps it's because of the toggle-style clip, or the curved bottom, but I find it to be comfy strap-wise and it doesn't bang around or get lopsided.

Reactions: Sunfall77
I just got the private eye slim, assumed the strap would be annoying and I'd just carry it as a handbag but the strap is honestly not uncomfortable at all! And I schlep around a laptop all day too. Absolutely love it and now am dying for a suede one...

I just got the private eye slim, assumed the strap would be annoying and I'd just carry it as a handbag but the strap is honestly not uncomfortable at all! And I schlep around a laptop all day too. Absolutely love it and now am dying for a suede one...
Oh yes the suede is TDF!

One thing I discovered on my last few days in a row of using - something I had on (not sure if it was dark jeans or a wool outer garment) did a bit of color transfer to the bag corners. I don't baby my bags but do take care of them so, while this isn't the end of the world it is annoying.

How is the weight of the bag? Is the leather quite weighted? I like their travel bag styles but if it’s as heavy as H clémence/Togo I may have to consider the fabric options

How is the weight of the bag? Is the leather quite weighted? I like their travel bag styles but if it’s as heavy as H clémence/Togo I may have to consider the fabric options
The weight is absolutely fine. It is not heavy like H clemence. I really think they have put much thought into designing these bags for travel and functionality.

How are you liking your private eye slim?! I am eyeing this bag. Would you be willing to share some pictures of your bag?