Your Understated Work Purse

Apr 22, 2018
I have purses from Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Burberry etc. But, they are probably not the best to bring to work, given my work setting. Also, I personally feel that by carrying one of those pursers, wouldn’t that mean I am telling people - I don’t need a raise :giggle::giggle:?

I am considering Senreve Mini Maestra. Understated.

What’s your favourite understated work bag that you carry everyday?

Hello;
I am a two work handbags lady. I carry a large cross body/shoulder handbag, and a tote for the desk gear.

I carry a sackful of PPEs in my everyday work handbag, so my collection of MJ Petal to the Metal gets a lot of use, and is my regular everyday carry. I change the PTTM handbag colour so in a single week I may change from light pink, to beige, to black, to fushia, to purple.

For a work tote I am changing it up by using my collection of Kate Spade, Gold Coast Maryanne in beige, to black, and to metallic copper.

Last edited:
I plan to alternate between the Coach Prairie Satchel and the Longchamp Small Neo, both in black. On the odd occasion, I may bring out the Polene Numero Un in Trio Black Croc.

I agree that it is better to be discreet with your bags in the work/corporate environment.

I have a valextra borsa tote bag in black. It feels so luxe with the suede lining and gold stamping, but isn’t any of the recognizable large fashion houses, so I’d still feel comfortable bringing it to an interview or on public transit. It was also cheaper than my old YSL shopper tote (also a great bag) and def less fragile!

Reactions: Joule and JolieS
I use my Senreve Maestra for work and it’s perfect! Understated, high quality, and super functional. Definitely recommend!

Which size of Maestra bag do you have? I am tempted to order the Maestra Mini as they are doing a tax free and free shipping now. What colour do you have?

Although it is not a high-end brand, but it is not cheap by any means, I am hesitant to spend so much money online, and afraid ending up not liking the bag. It is a hassle to return (I believe I won't get the return shipping cost back).

I have a valextra borsa tote bag in black. It feels so luxe with the suede lining and gold stamping, but isn’t any of the recognizable large fashion houses, so I’d still feel comfortable bringing it to an interview or on public transit. It was also cheaper than my old YSL shopper tote (also a great bag) and def less fragile!

I googled the bag you mentioned (I have never heard of it), and it does look nice! It looks quite functional too. Same here, I never bring any expensive bags to an interview. Just being mindful of the image I try to portray to people :smile:.

I used to take the public transit pre-COVID, now I work from home most of the time. Only go into the office whenever I need to. Hope our lives will be back to normal soon!

Reactions: azzazza
I plan to alternate between the Coach Prairie Satchel and the Longchamp Small Neo, both in black. On the odd occasion, I may bring out the Polene Numero Un in Trio Black Croc.

I agree that it is better to be discreet with your bags in the work/corporate environment.

Yes! I am always being mindful of the image that I portray to people at work. I work in a conservative (but kind of laid back) office environment. If you work in the fashion industry, then maybe it is okay to carry all kinds of bag to show your personality.

Those Polene ads keep popping up whenever I browse! I had a look. Their styles are unique and feminine at the same time. I like the look of Polene Numero Un too :smile:.