Your Understated Work Purse

I have worked from home for the last few years. If we do have a work get together I usually carry a DE neverfull or my Givenchy Antigona. I will use my Chanels for company Christmas parties. I tend to not use my LV mono bags because they do draw attention. The women I work with make very healthy salaries but do not buy luxury bags. They do appreciate them and love to handle them on the occasions that I’ve brought one to the office. They don’t however recognize bags that don’t scream logo so I stick with those for office visits.

I have purses from Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Burberry etc. But, they are probably not the best to bring to work, given my work setting. Also, I personally feel that by carrying one of those pursers, wouldn’t that mean I am telling people - I don’t need a raise :giggle::giggle:?

I am considering Senreve Mini Maestra. Understated.

What’s your favourite understated work bag that you carry everyday?

I’m obsessed with my Mansur Gavriel small tote. Fashion forward, but under the radar and a timeless silhouette.

4AC38982-814A-43D2-A4F8-1DF06000BD33.jpeg

besides my Mansur Gavriel, my Mulberry zipped bayswater is my other go-to for work.

View attachment 4772430

I got the Bayswater too, but not the zipped version. Mine is the one with the flap. I got mine 3 years ago, and it still looks pretty much brand new to me. I got a number of bags to rotate, so I don't use any one bag for a long period of time. Hence, able to keep its original condition.

Reactions: Diva_k3000
Nice bag you got there! I saw this brand's bags in person, and they seem to be easily scratched? Even the bags they display on the shelves got scratches. But again, work bags are meant to be used on a regular basis.

I’ve used the bag heavily for close to 2 years now. The smooth leather does tend to get scratched, but it still looks great because the scratches blend in with the leather and give it character. It gets better with age.

I’ve used the bag heavily for close to 2 years now. The smooth leather does tend to get scratched, but it still looks great because the scratches blend in with the leather and give it character. It gets better with age.

I am waiting for my Senreve mini Maestra bag to arrive on Thursday. I heard the bag is scratch resistant, we'll see. Hoping this will be a good purchase :smile:.

Reactions: Diva_k3000
I alternate between 2 (nylon) Marc Jacobs packable totes on rainy days, then alternate between shmedium-sized bags on other days: Alexander Wang Rockie, Marc Jacobs Mini Grind Tote, Rebecca Minkoff Medium Julian, etc.

Reactions: Thistle
I purchased a Celine medium phantom Cabas about a year ago to carry to the office and it has been one of my favorite bags to use. It's understated but feels super luxurious because of the suede-like interior. Before working from home, I carried it everyday to work and it held a lot of things, including my lunch and a change of shoes. Although I purchased a light blue/grey color, it hardly shows any wear. I normally tie it at the top to make it feel more secure, especially when I am on the train.

Reactions: PineappleMinnie
I too often need understated bags for work. My go-to tends to be bags from the Marc by Marc Jacobs Totally Turnlock line. I literally have a dozen or more in multiple colors. The leather is so nice, and the bags all look very professional, and don't scream designer - which in certain situations of my career could be a detractor from my business.

Personally, I don’t care if anyone knows what bag I’m carrying. I wear what I like. With that being said, I carry a plain brown nylon Dooney tote bag. I LOVE it, and got it at a really good price from Plato’s closet. My co-workers think it’s too price-y for a work bag not realizing how much my mini Pashli next to it is in the almost 4-figure range. They love it and think it’s cute.

Reason number 101 why I wear what I like.