Your opinions on the Alma

I think the Alma Mono is a MUST HAVE for every LV fan! It's absolutely the icone of LV! Created for Coco Chanel is it so classy and a bag for every age of ladies.
I'm very careful of the vacchetta bottom, but after a few time, when the patina comes, it's no problem.
All the same I like my Epi Alma in black too - but the icone for me is the Mono! Looooooove it! I will have one till at the end of my life!!:yes:

I didn't know it was created for Coco Chanel. Now I know I must have this bag.

Wow, on tPF for a year and this is my first visit to the LV forum.

Here's my contribution to the thread. ;)

attachment.php

I have the white MC alma and love it. It holds a lot, isn't hard to get into and doesn't fall over when you put it on a chair etc. And of course it looks pretty too.:P

She carried an Alma? funny cause Alma was my first LV bag and I am a big Chanel fan as well.

Alma is really easy to get in and out of because the zippers go all the way down. I've stuffed my laptop in there.. lol

LV created a beauty case especially for Gabrielle Chanel back in the 1930's. then in the early 90's they decided to reproduce this as a city bag which we now know as the Alma. it is named after Pont d'Alma (bridge) in Paris, underneath is the tunnel Diana Spencer died.

For price increase pre buy, I ordered ivorie alma! YAY for this thread!!!! and, azur organizer.... I've been on the fence with the alma, but I think I'm going to adore her, if not, I'll return her, but don't think that's gonna happen... wow.... ALMA lovers unite!

I only like the Damier Alma with a power suit....

otherwise I think the Alma shape looks like a clam...... sorry... but still, if YOU like it, then by all means ignore my comment :yes:

I used to own a white multicolore Alma, and I sold it (stupidly) because I thought I'd need the money for a huge move across the country. I loved that bag...it was my favorite handheld style. Well, I moved, but my company paid for it, and the Alma is long gone.

Last week I saw a woman carrying a white multicolore Alma. It had a beautiful patina! It made me miss mine. Spotting real LV in Albuquerque is VERY rare (lots of fakes and fuglies around here) so this was an exciting sighting! lol She was dressed casually, but she looked so chic carrying the Alma. You really cannot go wrong with an Alma of any kind.

^^ Oh Danielle, that is heartbreaking!!! Can't you get her again, before the price increase on Wednesday? Did you get married yet?

I hope you get your beloved alma again!