Your opinions on the Alma

I fall in and out of love with the alma. When I first got into LV I wanted a black MC Alma so bad. Then I saw it IRL and decided no. Then a co-worker showed up one day with a mono one and she looked amazing with it!

The fact is has a cell phone pocket is a huge plus. I love my Speedy but that inside slit pocket does not work with a phone.

I think it's extremely classy and elegant...some day I'll have one I'm sure!

the alma is a very beautiful bag. i've always wanted to own one but when i tried it on at the store, it was too big for my 5'1" size =\. oh well, i'll just live vicariously through you gals who have one here :smile:

I love the Alma! I saw a lady wearing one with a shoulder strap at the airport, it actually didn't look too bad. The only thing is, if you overstuff it the shape gets distorted and it is hard to zip.

My damier alma is probably the only bag in my collection that I will never sell. I go through bags pretty quick, and get tire of them easily. The alma is timeless and chic, my next LV will be black epi alma.

I used to really like it, then I was exposed to some really bad fakes (lol, they weren't mine :P) which totally turned me off the shape and design even though the real deal is really nicely made. Now I'm just "meh" - I can do without, but if I find myself at some point where I have absolutely everything I ever wanted from LV and wanted another bag, I'd probably get it.

I think the Alma Mono is a MUST HAVE for every LV fan! It's absolutely the icone of LV! Created for Coco Chanel is it so classy and a bag for every age of ladies.
I'm very careful of the vacchetta bottom, but after a few time, when the patina comes, it's no problem.
All the same I like my Epi Alma in black too - but the icone for me is the Mono! Looooooove it! I will have one till at the end of my life!!:yes:

I would say that the Alma is THE classic designerbag.
Before I started getting any kind of interest in designer bags, that was the only one I could identify :dothewave:
I find it very sophisticated :tup: