Your opinion on Yoox vs. Blue Fly

I have ordered one item each from both. Well actually DH ordered a Fendi purse for me from Bluefly which was great and I ordered a pair of Stella McCartney shoes from Yoox but they sent me the wrong size. Returning was wonderful. I like the selection of Yoox better and I do go to both websites often and Yoox does have the better price.

I have to say that I've only purchased from Yoox as (I find) the prices to be much better for sale items. They're pretty good and reliable. Can't say much for bluefly. I watch shoe sales a lot and bluefly.com is probably the most overpriced out of all the sites I monitor.

Have not ordered from yoox yet, but ordered from bluefly some years ago, whenever the site first opened. Prices used to be better back then, with more discount (not just a skimpy 20% off).

In general, fast shipping, with good packaging. However, I won't order again, as their returns take forever. I returned within the 60 days (in fact, I returned that first week), but they took the FULL 60 DAYS to credit my account. So they will hold onto your funds for as long as possible.

Have not ordered from yoox yet, but ordered from bluefly some years ago, whenever the site first opened. Prices used to be better back then, with more discount (not just a skimpy 20% off).

In general, fast shipping, with good packaging. However, I won't order again, as their returns take forever. I returned within the 60 days (in fact, I returned that first week), but they took the FULL 60 DAYS to credit my account. So they will hold onto your funds for as long as possible.

I noticed that too akionna - they definitely had better prices a few years ago, lately, I'm just not really impressed

I haven't ordered from Bluefly in probably almost 2 years now.
As far as shoes go, they never carry any shoes in my size (4.5) unless they are grandma looking shoes.

Many times I find the exact same items on their site at TJ Maxx for way less. I found Stuart Weitzman shoes at TJ Maxx clearanced to $29.99, bluefly had the same shoes for $175.00. Kenneth Jay Lane snakeskin belt, I bought a silver one at bluefly for $79.99 then found the exact same belt in purple at TJmaxx for around $35.00 (the belt I bought from bluefly the rhinestones have fallen out of). The same goes for clothing. It's seems like bluefly is getting their closeouts from the same place TJ Maxx does.

I've never had trouble ordering from either site, but I will say that BlueFly doesn't have as good of deals as in previous years. And I really get annoyed at how they seem to always inflate the retail price of things to make their discounts look more substantial. I think that's very misleading.

Agreed! This drives me insane, and is an insult to our intelligence since most of us know exactly how much the items originally retailed for - and while I have received some great items from Bluefly, I have also had to return some very shop-worn (supposedly "new") items, such as leather goods with obviously worn corners, very heavy scratches, etc.

No problems ever getting credited for those returns, however - and I do like the way in which the items are packaged for shipment.

I purchased a few items from Bluefly.
A belt that turned out too big was returned without any incident.
A Nanette Lepore dress I received with one big bead missing and was covered with a piece of tape. There was no replacement beads package attached to the tag as it should be.
I love the dress so decided to keep it anyway.
Totally agree that it inflates the retail prices and does not mark down much for past-season merchandise.

i prefer Yoox to Bluefly - I've found Yoox has higher-end products and some more obscure European designers. Also, all the items I've received from Yoox are always pristine, while Bluefly has occassionally sent me something that, while technically still "new" was clearly a very-shopworn floor model, KWIM?

I remember someone in the CL thread who received a clearly used pair of shoes from BlueFly.

I always buy from YOOX, they carry the most important designers and the price is quite fair. I usually get my order in 2-3 days since I'm in Italy and I can return the merchandise for free :graucho:

A couple years ago I ordered a Prada purse from Bluefly and it arrived with tarnish and scratched hardware. The silver metal had developed that dusty old patina that only comes after sitting around in open air and/or being used for a long time. I was completely disgusted and returned it. I didn't have any problems with the processing but it was ridiculous how used the purse was. I've never bought anything from Bluefly again after that.

i prefer Yoox to Bluefly - I've found Yoox has higher-end products and some more obscure European designers. Also, all the items I've received from Yoox are always pristine, while Bluefly has occassionally sent me something that, while technically still "new" was clearly a very-shopworn floor model, KWIM?

I bought a pair of supposedly new Balenciaga shoes from Yoox that looked very well worn. They didn't even have the decency of returning my shipping fee/return shipping fee. Having said that, I still shop from Yoox. Their prices are unbeatable.

Bluefly is okay. They used to be so much better. Remember when you could stack your coupons and get a ridiculous amount off?

Yoox is THE BEST EVER. If you watch their sales closely, you'd be shocked at what comes up for super duper cheap. I've bought Stella McCartney dresses, one of a kind Libertine, Chloe, Dries, all kinds of stuff for under $25 a pop. If you browse around, there is almost always a coupon code floating around too. I once bought a Lanvin cocktail dress for $120. Yes, really. Their customer service is awesome. I've returned stuff tons of times and I've never had an issue. My only complaint is that you can only order 7 things at a time. Ugh.