Your opinion on Yoox vs. Blue Fly

I buy really a lot from Yoox and sometimes from Bluefly.
Bluefly has excellent return policy. I bought expensive Bottega Veneta and green color was discolored a bit. I returned it without problems and bought brown BV instead which was flowless. Another case was Gryson boots that fell apart during the first wear. I returned them and got refund, no questions asked. I never had problems with clothes from Buefly.
If you doubt about the size you can chat with them and get the idea.

Though Yoox prices are unbeatable, they can send you wrong color and size, stained clothes, worn shoes (I got all of this at least once). Also their packaging is awful. They throw leather bags in the box without protecting it with dust bag or plastic bag, using only thin paper that can break easily. So leather rubs the cardbord and you get "worn out" look. Once the box was so thin, it was smashed, so was the Tod's bag inside.

Also you never know about sizing, customer care is not helpful. I do a lot of mistakes with sizes of unfamiliar European brands, so I have to return clothes quite often.
Yoox returns are usually OK, but if their stuff didn't attach so-called identification code on paper tag which happens in 10-15% of cases (only sealed rope with plastic, you know), they won't accept it, so says their return policy and customer care confirms.
And of course if you wear something and it falls apart right away there's no hope for you to return the damaged item without tag. You can get into trouble, so buy expensive items there at your risk.

Last edited:
I have honestly never ordered from either. I have been going on the Bluefly website for years, still thinking I'll find some great deal and have yet to. I can't stand the way they jack their prices up to make discount look bigger. When the discount is decent, the item is sold out. On top of that, I always see similar (if not more recent seasons) merchandise for less elsewhere. I have recently discovered YOOX and their prices are much more fair, but a lot of their stuff is a few seasons passed. Typically, I try to just wait for a good Saks sale.

I've ordered from bluefly (two RM bags, and a Chloe change purse) three times thus far. Each time, I've been impressed with the two bags I've bought; can't comment on the change purse as it just arrived at the post office.

I've always ordered with $X off codes, or during the blowout sales. Again, each time I've been impressed with the amount I've paid; which has been much lower even with duties than I would get here. My only complaint has been with shipping - there's three options for Canadian shoppers; and the ones with express shipping both have pre-paid taxes, customs, & duties. However, the one with the COD option takes much longer to ship than the other two. I wouldn't order from bluefly if I needed my product yesterday.

When I actually got what I ordered, I've always been very impressed with packaging and the product. However, while my last two orders took about a week and a half to process and arrive, my first took just over three weeks.

I have not shopped from Yoox but I have purchased quite a bit from Bluefly. I've always been happy with my purchases. Had to return 1 item (once I realized that it was an identical color to something I already had) and had no issues. One thing some people don't realize is that Bluefly will allow for a one-time price adjustment - so if you purchase something and within 10 days it is reduced, you can call/chat/email them and get the difference refunded.

I have not shopped from Yoox but I have purchased quite a bit from Bluefly. I've always been happy with my purchases. Had to return 1 item (once I realized that it was an identical color to something I already had) and had no issues. One thing some people don't realize is that Bluefly will allow for a one-time price adjustment - so if you purchase something and within 10 days it is reduced, you can call/chat/email them and get the difference refunded.

Thank you for sharing, good to know about Bluefly price adjustemnt. Yoox would not do that.

YOOX has amazing prices--especially on shoes. I get sooo many compliments on my shoes that I've bought on that site. Shipping is quick, too.

I've been following Bluefly for years and have yet to purchase anything. :shrugs:

IMO Bluefly and YOOX are 2 very different sites.

Bluefly offer current season's stock at a discount but then offers past season's merch for more that the normal brand's sale price. I have never bought from them (and never will after the fiasco with non-authentic merch a while back that ripped-off so many Gucci fans). Reading this thread though I see customers receive nice packaging and all the little extras like 'normal' fashion sites.

YOOX is a site that sells clothes from a year ago or even longer and I have bought quite a few things from over many years and happily never had to return anything. Basically its an outlet. Only if items have been there awhile are thay reduced below what they would have been in the discount sales in stores so they are no substitute for 'proper' sales shopping if deals are the most important thing for someone. For me, YOOX allows me to buy things I might have missed out on previous seasons or even a duplicate item that I have already and at great prices (it probably accounts for why I don't need to return stuff since I know my sizes in the brands I buy anyway). For this reason I also know that some things are 'seconds' or have bits missing and YOOX often fails to provide dust-covers, belts, trimmings etc and so the customer has to know more about a product before buying. The packaging is just OK but I do like the plain cardboard box option, I can track orders but it usaully takes at least a week as standard. COD is an option but it costs more. I haven't bought so much in recent years simply as since they have become more well known the good things sell out immediately regardless of deals (and speaking of deals - I remember mink and lynx for coats at £300-£400 from Thes & Thes, I was too slow then too :Push:smile:. I have used YOOX's CS once and they were excellent although I can't remember what it was about :tispy: All in all, I think YOOX is not really for experiments with new brands as you have to know exactly what you are buying but I have had some very lucky finds.

Don't care for Bluefly

I asked over and over where the distribution center was in IL and they said nothing just said they could charge sales tax

I hate the shipping return policy and took forever to get my credit back on my credit card.

personal experience: Bluefly is overpriced considering that often times it is past season merchandise.

You have to really know your prices to get a good deal on there

jmho

ITA! and sometimes they not only have past season merchandise, but merchandise that is several *years* old...and still very pricey

I've bought a couple of bags off Yoox that I couldn't find in the US. Prices were ok - I could probably have waited for a sale. They looked like newish department store display bags. One thing I did notice is that in both cases the item I received was the exact one in the photo on the site so check those carefully when you order.

I got 2 rm pouches and they were supposed to have writing on them. They didn't but both together were 15$ from yoox So I kept them and got a gold sharpie from micheals and carefully wrote over where the writing should have been. ( it looked like they just forgot the gold embossing. They said they'd take them back but I thought for the price I could fix them up. They looked so good after, no one could tell!!! So if anyone's. RM embossing comes off I used a medium point gold sharpie. Lol.

Don't care for Bluefly

I asked over and over where the distribution center was in IL and they said nothing just said they could charge sales tax

I hate the shipping return policy and took forever to get my credit back on my credit card.

Hi pinkfeet, I just tried placing an order through BlueFly and noticed the sales tax tacked on at the very end, too. WTH? Their website states sales tax only applies for NY and OH. Of course no one is picking up from CS....

mdmd said:
Hi pinkfeet, I just tried placing an order through BlueFly and noticed the sales tax tacked on at the very end, too. WTH? Their website states sales tax only applies for NY and OH. Of course no one is picking up from CS....

Your state requires that items sent in must be taxed. That is per bluefly. IL, NY are one of the few taxed places.