Your main squeeze and your purse...

pursemama said:
My PHH tries his best to ignore it! :Push: ....and thinks it's hilarious that there is actually a purse blog. Thank god!.. he's naive about handbags, he still thinks I got all my LVs on sale for 50% off! :graucho: ...actually as far he knows all my bags were on sale, including my latest one a Chloe Silverado tote! :amuse:

:roflmfao: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!

he doesn't like it.. threatens to burn my bags, I just keep reminding them it is my property and I paid my own money for it.. he rolls his eyes everytime I talk about it and keeps saying that they are "K-mart bag specials" maybe because he can't face the fact that I spend a good amount of money on them.. hehehe...I just ignore him and when we hang-out, make sure that I use the bags so he knows what he was putting down...

My hubby thinks its nuts to spend that amount on a bag. But, he doesn't have any problem spending it on Tv's, or receivers, or other "toys" he likes to have. I just explain to him that "boys and girls" like different things!!! So, he says he thinks it's ridiculous but I think he secretly likes them, cause today I asked him where is he? And he answers me, I'm in Bedford, you know, like your bag!!!!!!!

He knows bags make me Happy. He suspects that I love my bags more than him. I assure him that I love him as much as I love my bags...:biggrin:

He can tolerate my problem as long as I don't have debt. No credit cards for me...Always try to buy my bags in cash.

Not only does he support my purse habit, he wants me to have the best and feels bad that we can't afford a birkin right now!

He actually said he'd put off getting his new car, so he could buy me the birkin of choice!

He's a keeper!!

My bf thinks I have too many, and that I spend too much... however, he did encourage my Balenciaga purchase. He said while over $1000 was way too much to be spending he could rationalize it because it didn't look like things everyone else was carrying around. I think he just deals with it and offers to buy me things because he knows they make me happy though, even though he'll never "get it."

My husband is pretty nice about it. When I bought a Fendi Chef Bag as my gift for Christmas he wanted to know why I did not buy a LV and said if I was going to spend money on a bag it should be LV's:rolleyes: .
He does not mind if I buy bags for special occassions but I am sure he would not want it to become a monthly habit. I did buy the Mulberrty Phoebe bag in pink and it is so beautiful but just not me. I do not carry leather bags and I only wore it for a week. He thought the leather on it was like the leather in a BMW car and loved the bag.
Then I bought the small denim pleaty in green and really thought he would not notice it was LV and of course he did. He did not say if he liked it but he feels the quality of LV are very well made and I have some bags that are well over 20 years old. I want to get a pink denim LV and know with the color he will notice it right away. He has his classic cars to spend money on so I don't feel buying bags is a problem.

Mine has learned to accept the handbag addiction and is very supportive of it :kiss: but seems to have a difficult time with the purse forum LOL... when I was new to TPF, I used to bring my laptop into another room to hide:sneaky: :ninja: Now, I dont bother:devil:

My bf thinks I'm nuts but he always sighs and says that I should get whatever makes me happy. As a general rule, hHe doesn't like to drop loads of cash on things for himseld or anyone else so I understand his inability to "get it".

I asked, he said its cool as long as I have my priorities straight. Ex. If theres no food in the house, food comes before buying more purses :]

Plus I fully support his car (parts, restoration)/electronics obsession. I'm not sure its fair to always compare such things as TVs to a purse addiction though because TV's generally benefit more people whereas purses are for the ladies.

DH doesn't understand and wishes I wouldn't spend the money!! I keep insisting that at least I sell them, too!! We're married 19 yrs...and to be honest, I don't get his antique tractor thing so it's even IMO!