Your HERMES & Air Travel....what do you do?

Susi, I'm on two domestic flights a week and have never had a problem. My Birkin has seen a lot of air time (since I refuse to put her down and switch into another bag:heart: ). When going through security. I put my jacket/sweater down in the bottom of a bin (you have to put your stuff in bins) and put my Birkin lying down on top of the sweater. Then, in another bin, I put my shoes, portfolio (togo, of course) and the little clear plastic baggie with liquids. Like I said, I've never had a problem. My chevre Bolide and swift GPT have gone through the same drill unscathed.

Then, on the plane, I'm afraid I do the same as HG - push the bag under the seat in front of me. I'd rather see it and keep in near me at all times!

BTW, can't wait to see you! :yahoo:

i just recently took my birkin on my trip to vegas and the oc, and wondered about the same thing. i pondered putting the bag into its sleeper to go through security, but instead just placed it sort of laying diagonally on one of those plastic bins - not flush on its side, but only a small part of the bag touching the edge of the bin. did this a couple times and it went fine.

once on the plane, at first i tried to put it in my lap with my coat over it, and the flight attendants didn't notice, but it was too in the way so i ended up putting it on the ground but not smushed under the seat in front of me - more like between my legs - she survived the trip safe and sound!

potiron, I never close my birkin, even when going through security. The leather is stiff, so it takes a little effort to close it; also, because it's stiff, the top tends to stay closed all by itself, and the bag is deep, so the result is that stuff doesn't fall out.

I really liking everyone's tips on this thread...Travelling to NYC for the weekend so this will all come in handy! mizzle- thank you! That's good to know...I was a bit worried having someone else start messing with my bag:sad:

^You can carry on little containers, but they all have to fit into one of those zip sandwich bags and you have to "declare" them at security.

potiron and gazoo, have a nice trip!

I wouldn't carry box onto the plane. It would just get too banged up. For this purpose I have a 45cm togo Birkin as a carry-on. You'll probably be horrified to know I kick it under the chair.

:nuts: :nuts: "Kick" being the operative "shock" word to me...<gasp> I can never kick my H bags...even thinking about kicking them makes me shudder :P