Scarves Your Grail Scarf

There used to be grails that every collector had to have. And I guess we did that (?). I feel like now, with so many newer collectors, that's not the case. People have personal grails, which seems like a more sane pursuit. Thoughts?
It's all good! I'm always curious each season to see what new scarves get the "grail-type" attention. And I love seeing the "sleeper choices" and how people choose to style them, as well.

My “grail” collection is Kermit Oliver. I have all except Concours d’elegance, Chefs Indiens, Mythologies des Hommes, Le Canada and Pony Express. Finding them in excellent condition at a reasonable price is really tough. Seems as if prices for his designs have skyrocketed lately. Not even sure what a fair price is anymore. My fave is Kachinas as my late father loved Kachinas. Any idea if he will design any more?

My “grail” collection is Kermit Oliver. I have all except Concours d’elegance, Chefs Indiens, Mythologies des Hommes, Le Canada and Pony Express. Finding them in excellent condition at a reasonable price is really tough. Seems as if prices for his designs have skyrocketed lately. Not even sure what a fair price is anymore. My fave is Kachinas as my late father loved Kachinas. Any idea if he will design any more?
What are they all, are there many? N I am a new collector and I would like any Oliver but it is insane right now on resale market.

Reactions: keodi and Marmota
I am right there with you. My grail scarf is the original issue of La Vie Sauvage Du Texas, which was the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation Edition. I have LVSduT in one color way, but the original is my grail.

I am right there with you. My grail scarf is the original issue of La Vie Sauvage Du Texas, which was the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation Edition. I have LVSduT in one color way, but the original is my grail.

Well, that explains it. Your grail is available for sale right now on TRR, and I was wondering why the price was unusually high. I hope you have some spare Christmas cash and that it can be yours.

Well, that explains it. Your grail is available for sale right now on TRR, and I was wondering why the price was unusually high. I hope you have some spare Christmas cash and that it can be yours.
Wow! I can’t believe you had that at your fingertips. Maybe it’s not my grail, because that price made me flinch.

Thank you for sharing that with me. I’m a new member here, and I’m floored by the spirit of generosity with knowledge.

I love Kermit Oliver! Kermit oliver kachinas 140cm summer silk was on my HG list. Last month, i was able to find it in the exact same CW i was looking for in exellent condition! I hope to a find lalbhai 140cm summer silk in the red CW.

Last edited:
Bought one of my grail scarves yesterday!!! Balade en Berline Marble Silk! I never thought I would find one. I started collecting after this came out. Not even sure when it did come out. Anyone know?
Congrats! It's a beautiful scarf!
This marble silk was issued end-2019.

Last edited: