Scarves Silk Marbling Scarves

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    "It all started with the discovery of printed fabrics with intriguing motifs in archival album acquired by the house years ago. The technique used to make these motifs however, remained a mystery. It took several years of research to finally unveil the origins of the process: it was invented in the first half of 19th century by Switzerland, Germany, France... and yet it was in Japan that Hermès met the passionate artisans who inherited this know-how from their ancestor who had learnt it in Europe long ago. These artisans are the ones who made the Marble Silk scarf. The process used to create this scarf is unique executed entirely by hand." - Hermès

Just came across this video on Hermès' Youtube channel and had to share! :P Following are pics of the exceptional Marble Silk 90cm silk that I had the pleasure to play with from last year's Spring/Summer 2018 collection.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nerja, xiaoxiao, Rhl2987 and 11 others like this.
  2. Thank you for sharing this! I wonder if this place makes their own scarves? Fabulous!!:flowers:

tlamdang08 and scarf1 like this.
  3. Pleasure! Too good not to share! :giggle: :smile: I suspect they might? :thinking: My guess is that they can only produce a small quantity and in Hermès' eagerness to preserve and share this technique, added this to their repertoire of exceptional silks.

tlamdang08, LadyCupid and Julide like this.
  4. Adding two pics of the Marble Silk in natural daylight
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nerja, xiaoxiao, tlamdang08 and 7 others like this.
  5. Kyoto Marble has once again produced another silk for Hermes, this time a 75cm silk in the design of Balade en Berline. :hbeat: Check out the marbled hem on this one! :loveeyes:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. OMG!!:woot:I have been waiting to see more pictures of this! How fabulous is that hem!! On the list!! Thank you so much for these detailed pictures. It is truly appreciated:flowers:

tlamdang08 and Meta like this.
  7. Pleasure :yw: :flowers:

Julide likes this.
  8. I just watched this video. The technique is incredible. I must add the latest scarf to my collection!

Winter4 and Meta like this.
  9. really fabulous!

Meta and Julide like this.