Scarves Your Grail Scarf

Oh that sounds pretty. I’ll search for it.

I saw the green amande for sale a lot before I gave up and stopped looking for this one. And then there it was (kinda like finding my husband). [emoji23]

I like the green Amande a lot, but those colors would never work on me.
This is one of those CWs that looks awful on the H site (IMHO). I bought this in Wash DC while i was on a business trip. I doubt that I would have ever bought if I hadn't tried it on in person. I did the google translate thing to see what vert amande meant which is green almond. I have no clue what the heck color that is but IRL it's a light turquoise.....not green at all. :smile:

Okay well, this is going to take some practice. The silk 140s are so slippery compared to a CSGM.

I deliberately chose the side I feared would be less flattering on me (quite warm) but it’s not bad I think! It’s a keeper. Thank goodness because I’m madly in love with it.

Wearing it today with an also new-to-me blue leather jacket.

View attachment 3962072

View attachment 3962073

This looks just as great as I knew it would! These colors are so flattering. So lucky you stayed away from the one you didn't quite love enough and then boom! found this one!! :happydance:

This is one of those CWs that looks awful on the H site (IMHO). I bought this in Wash DC while i was on a business trip. I doubt that I would have ever bought if I hadn't tried it on in person. I did the google translate thing to see what vert amande meant which is green almond. I have no clue what the heck color that is but IRL it's a light turquoise.....not green at all. :smile:

I have the Tous les Bateaux with the Vert Amande background and I think of it as a light duck egg blue. Has nothing to do with green or almonds!

045c162048d0de8a68fba99ce3832138.jpg

This looks just as great as I knew it would! These colors are so flattering. So lucky you stayed away from the one you didn't quite love enough and then boom! found this one!! :happydance:

I have the Tous les Bateaux with the Vert Amande background and I think of it as a light duck egg blue. Has nothing to do with green or almonds!

Thank you!! You were right, as always.

Oooooh! I love that Bateaux. I still think about this one and look from time to time. Maybe one day.

Cracks me up that “vert “ isn’t remotely vert. [emoji23]

Reactions: thegriswolds

Google on green almonds and look at images. You will see that the almond has a light greenish pod before it is opened to get the almond seed( nut) out of it....

This scarf has always piqued my interest with the contrast border. Does it tie well?
I have never seen this “green almond” colorway, it’s really gorgeous.

Reactions: thegriswolds
This scarf has always piqued my interest with the contrast border. Does it tie well?
I have never seen this “green almond” colorway, it’s really gorgeous.
I always liked this one too but it wasn't tilll I saw this cw on evil bay that I had to jump on it! IMO it ties quite well. The border is amazing and it's easy to find ties that set it off. I don't have any mod pics, but if you search I'm sure there are plenty. myH featured it in her thread at one point too.

Reactions: nicole0612
I always liked this one too but it wasn't tilll I saw this cw on evil bay that I had to jump on it! IMO it ties quite well. The border is amazing and it's easy to find ties that set it off. I don't have any mod pics, but if you search I'm sure there are plenty. myH featured it in her thread at one point too.

Yes, I can see how this special cw would make you take the plunge! Thanks for the tip about myH, I will check out her scarf thread!
I have this one on my watch list on eBay, but i usually only see primary color cws, which don’t work as well for my skin tone.

My grails are very different to many on here in that they are not famous or widely sought after, on the whole. I am looking for those which have art and motifs from the Ancient World and I already have Les Secrets de Minos, Escales Mediterranéenes, Mare Nostrum and La Promenade de Platon. So this is my latest, a present from DH for our 30th wedding anniversary in April: Persepolis. This is not my usual colour choice, but I love the red and now need a suitable lipstick to go with it! Longer post on my blog.

By the way, I keep seeing the words Rouge H on here. Is this colour on the scarf, does anyone know? Anyway, this is my first tying attempt; it was getting rather gloomy so I didn’t have the time to do anything fancy.

89DE8666-E6F2-4D34-AD2C-4A0D88B0C148.jpeg

My grails are very different to many on here in that they are not famous or widely sought after, on the whole. I am looking for those which have art and motifs from the Ancient World and I already have Les Secrets de Minos, Escales Mediterranéenes, Mare Nostrum and La Promenade de Platon. So this is my latest, a present from DH for our 30th wedding anniversary in April: Persepolis. This is not my usual colour choice, but I love the red and now need a suitable lipstick to go with it! Longer post on my blog.

By the way, I keep seeing the words Rouge H on here. Is this colour on the scarf, does anyone know? Anyway, this is my first tying attempt; it was getting rather gloomy so I didn’t have the time to do anything fancy.

View attachment 3967214

How beautiful! Happy anniversary!!:party:

View attachment 3967214

Beautiful! Congrats on your upcoming wedding anniversary! Hope you’re feeling better [emoji253]

View attachment 3967214

It looks great on you! Can’t congrats on finding it.

Bingo! You're so smart. This is pretty close to the color on my scarf. View attachment 3962889

Wow! That's what unshelled almonds look like??? Super cool....(And a really nice color.....)

View attachment 3967214

HH- Congrats on your new scarf and your upcoming 30th! :drinks: Like you, I have my own "set" of grailish scarves that mostly don't fit most people's idea of "grail". It's all good, not everyone wants or should want the same thing.

I think if there's Rouge H there, it is that darker red box area inside the bright red border.