Your Favorite Non-Designer Handbag?

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: LL BEan boat tote
2. How much was it: $9.99
3. How often do you use it/what for: once a month, i think. for toting things around when i go out with my child. lots of things can go into it and it's very sturdy
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: just LLBean
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $390
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can:

Oh I love the LL Bean Boat totes! I have a custom one that I use all the time. I really want to get a small, monogrammed one to use as a purse on super casual/beachy days.

Oh I love the LL Bean Boat totes! I have a custom one that I use all the time. I really want to get a small, monogrammed one to use as a purse on super casual/beachy days.

oh me too! i'm just waiting for my fav color to go on sale before getting =P
i have another one with the leather handles, patch work body, love that too.

Yeah... The polka dot came out a few years back. They do them only for a limited time, so you have to jump on them. I wish they would do more of them. I think they had stripes that year as well. I also noticed that the make your own does not have as many options as it used to.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: "ecote" (Urban Outfitters) dark turquoise suede fringe shoulder bag
2. How much was it: about $40-45
3. How often do you use it/what for: Picnics, anything kind of outdoorsy (like a barbecue), going out to dive bars with DH and his colleagues, any place where I don't want to stick out because I have a designer bag on my arm..
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Not many, tbh. This just caught my eye and I knew I had to buy it, I thought it was so pretty. I'm pretty picky about bags...
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $400 for MBMJ Hillier hobo in black

This picture doesn't really do it justice, in my opinion.

hobo1.jpg

You know you can create your own colored tote at LLBean? I especially Ike the mini zip tops. I have a polka dot and a pink madras.

I have one of the make your own ones and I love it! I'd like to do another one, but I don't like the colors they are offering this season very much. I'd love a polka dot one, and I think I've seen some with little embroidered things, like seashells or turtles? Those are too cute!

I thought I was the only one who loved those bags so much! :giggles:

Favorite Non-Designer Handbag: Melie Bianco Brandy Satchel in Black (I believe it was inspired by a Ted Baker bag, if I remember correctly). I like that it doesn't look or feel cheap despite the material being faux leather.

How much was it: $72

How often do you use it/what for: I use it almost daily, pretty much everywhere I go. It's functional (plenty of pockets!) and goes well with my outfits.

Favorite brands that aren't designer: Melie Bianco, Steve Madden, ALDO. I also like some bags by Big Buddha and Urban Expressions.

The most you've paid for a handbag: $300

Attachments

• Melie_Brandy_Black.jpg
    Melie_Brandy_Black.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 860
Last edited:
Reactions: platinum_babie
1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Juicy couture tote; Ed Hardy black big tote
2. How much was it: $145 for Juicy bag? From LV outlet; Ed Hardy bag was a gift
3. How often do you use it/what for: I use them as work bag coz it's very roomy
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Guess, Harujuku
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: Channel flap bag
Teehee, you were supposed to attach an image for the non designer bag, not the other way around! i really wanna see ur ed hardy bag!

I too love Kipling for having the best combination of lightweight, organization and super low maintenance. My current (because it can change monthly) fave is the $120+ Kipling Affie, purchased from UK so part of the price is shipping to US.

Loving the Kipling Affie because it is just the correct size for my current needs, is super lightweight, straps stay put on my shoulder, and I love the overall shape and appearance, being very partial to hobo and tote styles. I love Affie because it is one of few bags by Kipling that doesn't scream "pocket mania!" the exterior pockets are semi-discreet and within the lines of the bag.
I really like Kipling too! they're so sturdy and well-designed.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: "ecote" (Urban Outfitters) dark turquoise suede fringe shoulder bag
2. How much was it: about $40-45
3. How often do you use it/what for: Picnics, anything kind of outdoorsy (like a barbecue), going out to dive bars with DH and his colleagues, any place where I don't want to stick out because I have a designer bag on my arm..
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Not many, tbh. This just caught my eye and I knew I had to buy it, I thought it was so pretty. I'm pretty picky about bags...
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $400 for MBMJ Hillier hobo in black

My most expensive is also the Hillier! I love this bag. I've had it for months now and its still my go-to bag everywhere i go!

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: J crew brompon hobo
2. How much was it: 298$
3. How often do you use it/what for: everyday!!
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: I honestly prefer jcrew bags for their quality and price.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: 350