Your Favorite Non-Designer Handbag?

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: A hippie/monk bag I bought on etsy.com
2. How much was it: $15.00 plus shipping
3. How often do you use it/what for: Whenever I go to the beach
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer:Isabella Fiore/Cocchinelle
5. The most you've paid for a handbag:$ 3,800 Chanel
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can

I'm a fan of nylon too. I used to love canvas bags. Only recently did I purchase my first leather bag.

I think i've come full circle on bags. My best friend actually said i'm "downgrading" lol. When i 1st started my purse obession i'm smitten over, prada nylon and LV coated canvas bags (was even seriously thinking to get emp artsy too), bought countless leather bags from rm, treesje, linea pelle, coach (dreaming of bal day), had mz wallace nylon bags and now i'm going back to less espensive nylon bags. Just yesterday i was using my LV and drooling over kipling bags at the mall handbag section :P

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: It might be my Leaders in Leather Spice Totes, but that's not a definite answer. Certainly a fave though.
2. How much was it: I paid $183 for each of the two, each discounted from over $300 on ShopNBC which already largely discounts items so they're likely worth more.
3. How often do you use it/what for: They currently have been out of rotation for a year and a half or so, but I used the red/bronze one for over two months and the white/black one only a handful of times. I'm using other bags now but definitely will get back to using them no prob (I have a lot of bags).
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer:Don't have one. It seems every brand is similarly a hit or miss in their designs.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $1364
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can:
Too big to attached and I'm feeling sleepy to resize, lol.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PurpleTroll/Handbags%20and%20%20Handbag%20Accessories/IMG_0527.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/PurpleTroll/Handbags%20and%20%20Handbag%20Accessories/IMG_05241.jpg

Major lurker here, first post.

Favorite Non-Designer Handbag: Tyler Rodan Barnum Tote
How much was it: Cheapie that I found at TJMaxx for $35.99
How often do you use it/what for: When I'm out with my two year old and I don't want to worry. The bag is indestructible - some type of rubbery faux leather that is more durable than most faux leathers I've ever seen. It has three straps, two for over the shoulder and a cross body strap. And oh the organization (you will find you need that with a baby/young child)! It has to front zippered pockets and two large exterior pockets - big enough for sippy cups. It also has a center zip that divides the interior. And it came with an umbrella that has it's own special pocket inside.
Favorite brands that aren't designer: Perlina, Fossil, Junior Drake, B Makowsky
The most you've paid for a handbag: $300. I only buy my bags on sale. Plus being poor means I do a lot of window shopping.

By the way, in the picture, the bag looks almost black. IRL it is more of an army green and not as dark as the picture.

Attachments

• tyler-rodan-barnum.jpg
    tyler-rodan-barnum.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,127
I have 2 that I use often!

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: H&M brown shopper from the Fall 2011 collection // River Island cream satchel
2. How much was it: $38 // $59
3. How often do you use it/what for: For school, when I am having long days where I have to carry my netbook and other stuff, I either use the H&M one or the satchel and a handbag
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: H&M, River Island, Asos
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: So far $250 for a Moschino shopper, next week spending 670$ for my LV Speedy 30 (yeah they're that cheap in Europe).

Attachments

• DSC07949.JPG
    DSC07949.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 1,695
  • hmprod1.jpg
    hmprod1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,679
LaGeekChic said:
I have 2 that I use often!

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: H&M brown shopper from the Fall 2011 collection // River Island cream satchel
2. How much was it: $38 // $59
3. How often do you use it/what for: For school, when I am having long days where I have to carry my netbook and other stuff, I either use the H&M one or the satchel and a handbag
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: H&M, River Island, Asos
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: So far $250 for a Moschino shopper, next week spending 670$ for my LV Speedy 30 (yeah they're that cheap in Europe).

LaGeek I am loving the River Island :smile:

I think i've come full circle on bags. My best friend actually said i'm "downgrading" lol. When i 1st started my purse obession i'm smitten over, prada nylon and LV coated canvas bags (was even seriously thinking to get emp artsy too), bought countless leather bags from rm, treesje, linea pelle, coach (dreaming of bal day), had mz wallace nylon bags and now i'm going back to less espensive nylon bags. Just yesterday i was using my LV and drooling over kipling bags at the mall handbag section :P

LOL that's pretty funny that you're carrying LV and drooling over kipling.
I haven't found a bag that's a "forever" bag and everything falls out of rotation eventually so far, which is why I like buying cheaper bags...however i dont think i've ever bought a "timeless classic" yet, so maybe that'll change when I shell out over $2k for a bag.

How often do you use it/what for: When I'm out with my two year old and I don't want to worry. The bag is indestructible - some type of rubbery faux leather that is more durable than most faux leathers I've ever seen. It has three straps, two for over the shoulder and a cross body strap. And oh the organization (you will find you need that with a baby/young child)! It has to front zippered pockets and two large exterior pockets - big enough for sippy cups. It also has a center zip that divides the interior. And it came with an umbrella that has it's own special pocket inside.
The most you've paid for a handbag: $300. I only buy my bags on sale. Plus being poor means I do a lot of window shopping.

By the way, in the picture, the bag looks almost black. IRL it is more of an army green and not as dark as the picture.

Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. I like that bag! Def has an edge to it! The umbrella is AWESOME.

Thanks platinum_babe! I also love Big Buddha too. I've seen several at TJMaxx at various times and have been tempted to take the plunge. I have to pick and choose and most importantly, pace myself because of my finances and all the other commitments I have. I was eying a beautiful blue Big Buddha (I think it was Jamie?) that was gone by the time I decided I'd get it :sad: Still kicking myself. Love bags with an edge too :smile:

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Danier Leather Dome Satchel Red
2. How much was it: approximately $200
3. How often do you use it/what for: I use it about once or twice a month. I have a lot of bags !!! It is the only red bag I own. The leather is sooo soft.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Danier, Matt n Nat, Tignanello
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $1200 - LV Totally MM

Omg! I love danier leathers smooshy soft leather bags too! Very underrated! Have 3 clutches of theirs! All on clearance in the 100.00 range! And love Matt & nat!

Just got a 398$ junior drake gifted to me! My first but NOT my last! Love it! And had 1 b makowski but after trying to resolve an issue with it, NEVER again will I buy one!

Thanks platinum_babe! I also love Big Buddha too. I've seen several at TJMaxx at various times and have been tempted to take the plunge. I have to pick and choose and most importantly, pace myself because of my finances and all the other commitments I have. I was eying a beautiful blue Big Buddha (I think it was Jamie?) that was gone by the time I decided I'd get it :sad: Still kicking myself. Love bags with an edge too :smile:

Love tj max and winners (same store same company but in Canada)

IMG_9950.jpg

It's a no name genuine cowhide leather bag handmade in Argentina. The color is a gorgeous teal and it is by far one of the best leathers I have ever felt!!!
Cost: $75
I use it when I am planning on being outdoors for an extended amount of time. Because the leather is so thick and durable, I find it holds up well against outdoor elements. It also still has an element of style so I still feel dressy. And it's light weight and sits comfortably on my shoulder :smile:
Favorite Brands that aren't designer: Elise Caarels for sure...most of the bags I like that are none designer don't even have a name to them like this one!!
The most I've ever spent on a bag was my Fendi Cognac spy: $2100:shame:

I thought of one more bag that isn't designer that I use A LOT. This one I picked up for $10 at a local boutique!!! It's good for everything from going to the beach, to grocery shopping, for work, a day out, etc!!! It's made from a strong, durable canvas material. Again, this one also has no name.

IMG_0124.jpg

Reactions: platinum_babie
OMG, blackmamba, I was just about to see if I could go find the brand of that teal bag you posted, but I see that's not possible. I love it! The style and organization look right up my alley.

That leather does look durable. No scratches at all.
I got my mom a coach leather wallet and now it's pretty scratched up. Annoys me so much. I need to get her something like that so it's more durable.

And I just went to check out your collection. I love that you have a backup for your cognac spy bag....hahaha. Was that the 2100 one or the more colourful one?

IMG_9950.jpg

It's a no name genuine cowhide leather bag handmade in Argentina. The color is a gorgeous teal and it is by far one of the best leathers I have ever felt!!!
Cost: $75
I use it when I am planning on being outdoors for an extended amount of time. Because the leather is so thick and durable, I find it holds up well against outdoor elements. It also still has an element of style so I still feel dressy. And it's light weight and sits comfortably on my shoulder :smile:
Favorite Brands that aren't designer: Elise Caarels for sure...most of the bags I like that are none designer don't even have a name to them like this one!!
The most I've ever spent on a bag was my Fendi Cognac spy: $2100:shame: