Your Favorite Non-Designer Handbag?

Jan 19, 2012
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum and I've been surfing on a bunch of old threads and noticed that a lot of people say that they don't pay a lot for their handbags (some say the most they pay is $75!). So, I was curious about what you guys own that you love that aren't designer, and what it looks like. If you would like, in the following format:

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag:
2. How much was it:
3. How often do you use it/what for:
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer:
5. The most you've paid for a handbag:
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can:

Me:
  1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Big Buddha Woodstock
  2. How much was it: I think the first one was $25 after a huge sale, and $30 for the second. Original price was $90!
  3. How often do you use it/what for: Everyday for a long time. I have it in two colours. Usually a daybag and travel bag because it's so big
  4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Big Buddha, Nine West, Aldo
  5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $450 USD for an MBMJ Hillier
  6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can: I uploaded the two colours I have, and one of me with it!

Attachments

• 308580_941495434667_122607803_44848567_2514017_n.jpg
    308580_941495434667_122607803_44848567_2514017_n.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 5,560
  • Big Buddha Woodstock - Orange.jpg
    Big Buddha Woodstock - Orange.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 5,811
  • AAAAC1KM9ewAAAAAATxP3w.jpg
    AAAAC1KM9ewAAAAAATxP3w.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5,616
1. Harry Potter book tote, Barnes and Noble
2. $10
3. At least once a week, as a purse when I want to carry a book and scarf with me.
4. Barnes and Noble, Target, Vera Bradley
5. Probably between 500 and 600. Designer brands I use are Dooney, Coach and MbMJ

First off, that bag is so adorable...(And I'm sure the Harry Potter bag is awesome too!

This is going to be tough for me and I'll probably ramble lots but here I go.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: A bag from Francescas
2. How much was it: ~$60
3. How often do you use it/what for: I used it everyday for awhile, it's a big satchel type handbag. Honestly I bought it because it looks like a Coach Sabrina satchel, and at the time I couldn't afford a Coach Sabrina so I bought that one instead. I get TONS of compliments on it, it's a pretty teal color.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: I like Coach and Dooney. Most don't consider them designer.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $175 Stitch and Swash bag. It's not designer but it's hand made and the quality is AMAZING. The leather is so awesome and smells SO good. I ended up selling it because I hardly used it and now I want another one that is pretty much the same as the one I had.

I have Dooney bags that I hardly paid anything for (Craigslist and Ebay). I also have a Coach bag that only cost me $15 and is a FP bag, not from the outlets. It looked practically brand new but was missing the hangtag and dust bag. When I buy bags I typically go for the cheap and I try to find deals and I don't mind second hand. Now that there are Ashleys at the Coach outlet, I'm planning on replacing my Francesca bag with a teal Ashley satchel (as long as the hardware isn't gold).

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Baci red leather shoulder bag
2. How much was it:$75 or less
3. How often do you use it/what for: it was great, mulitple pockets/dividers that kept
everything well organized (and I don't normally like bags with organization) - I used it daily for about six months until one day the lining simply fell apart and couldn't be fixed
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Nine West, Baci (but I've never been able to find another one like the red one)
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $700 for an LV Speedy 25 but that was a 'once in lifetime' thing for me, I buy Coach, LAMB and Kate Spade bags but only if they are on sale

What counts as designer? I don't do premium designer but I like mid level designers. I don't buy super cheap bags any more because I buy it if I love it and it's sad when it dies. I try to buy leather now.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag:
It varies but right now a Lili Cabas Sophie in medium or my Lucky Brand small stash bag

2. How much was it: Lili Cabas $200, Lucky $138

3. How often do you use it/what for:
Weekly. It's yellow which is my favorite and it's a crossbody messenger that has comfy wide straps and is large enough to hold my books and water, etc. The LB I also love cuz it's yellow! (and really soft)

4. Favourite brands that aren't designer:
Fossil, Lucky Brand, Clare Vivier

5. The most you've paid for a handbag:
450 for a Frye satchel

Attachments

• image-3808618690.png
    image-3808618690.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 5,532
  • image-3405220650.png
    image-3405220650.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 5,544
Reactions: teagongfu
1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Danier Leather Dome Satchel Red
2. How much was it: approximately $200
3. How often do you use it/what for: I use it about once or twice a month. I have a lot of bags !!! It is the only red bag I own. The leather is sooo soft.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Danier, Matt n Nat, Tignanello
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $1200 - LV Totally MM

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Baci red leather shoulder bag
2. How much was it:$75 or less
3. How often do you use it/what for: it was great, mulitple pockets/dividers that kept
everything well organized (and I don't normally like bags with organization) - I used it daily for about six months until one day the lining simply fell apart and couldn't be fixed
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Nine West, Baci (but I've never been able to find another one like the red one)
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $700 for an LV Speedy 25 but that was a 'once in lifetime' thing for me, I buy Coach, LAMB and Kate Spade bags but only if they are on sale

Ohh....I know how it feels about having something you love and then it breaking! That's why I ended up buying two colours of my bag because after 6 months of using it, the seam was unstitching a little by the handle, so I made an emergency purchase of the second. Now you can't buy them anymore!

What counts as designer? I don't do premium designer but I like mid level designers. I don't buy super cheap bags any more because I buy it if I love it and it's sad when it dies. I try to buy leather now.
In this forum I think they call Coach Contemporary Designer, which confuses me because there's no designer name per se that's attached to the brand, whereas D&B are two designers right, but they are not named here. Generally, imho, I think if people are starting threads about that brand, then it's likely a non-designer? It doesn't really matter anyway. I love that we're giving our less popular brandname bags we love some love =)

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Danier Leather Dome Satchel Red
2. How much was it: approximately $200
3. How often do you use it/what for: I use it about once or twice a month. I have a lot of bags !!! It is the only red bag I own. The leather is sooo soft.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Danier, Matt n Nat, Tignanello
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $1200 - LV Totally MM

Danier is a great place to find good quality leather handbags without paying the brand tax on top of it! I should try going bag hunting in there!

First off, that bag is so adorable...(And I'm sure the Harry Potter bag is awesome too!

This is going to be tough for me and I'll probably ramble lots but here I go.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: A bag from Francescas
2. How much was it: ~$60
3. How often do you use it/what for: I used it everyday for awhile, it's a big satchel type handbag. Honestly I bought it because it looks like a Coach Sabrina satchel, and at the time I couldn't afford a Coach Sabrina so I bought that one instead. I get TONS of compliments on it, it's a pretty teal color.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: I like Coach and Dooney. Most don't consider them designer.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $175 Stitch and Swash bag. It's not designer but it's hand made and the quality is AMAZING. The leather is so awesome and smells SO good. I ended up selling it because I hardly used it and now I want another one that is pretty much the same as the one I had.

I have Dooney bags that I hardly paid anything for (Craigslist and Ebay). I also have a Coach bag that only cost me $15 and is a FP bag, not from the outlets. It looked practically brand new but was missing the hangtag and dust bag. When I buy bags I typically go for the cheap and I try to find deals and I don't mind second hand. Now that there are Ashleys at the Coach outlet, I'm planning on replacing my Francesca bag with a teal Ashley satchel (as long as the hardware isn't gold).

Thank you! I just looked up the coach bags you speak of and I love them! And now I'm looking at the Stitch and Swash site and I love the clean look! I'm thinking about getting this http://www.stitchandswash.com/catalog.php?cat=1&pid=171 now!

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: AllSaints large black leather messenger bought approx 5 yeas ago
2. How much was it: £90 (approx $120) in the sale - originally £220
3. How often do you use it/what for: when I'm feeling mean and moody and/or don't want to carry designer (rehearsal studio, ortdoor market etc) once a month (I have lots of bags)
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: AllSaints, J Fold, Libertys (but they're as expensive as designer)
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: too much to say 'out loud'
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can: I will try to another time

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Pale grey no-name satchel purchased in Paris; came with shoulder strap which I don't use
2. How much was it: 75 Euros (about $90)
3. How often do you use it/what for: Spring/summer use; it doesn't get a whole lot of action
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Dooney and Bourke--I really like the Dillen II large pocket satchel
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $6200 (a Birkin which I no longer own)
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can: It's the one on the left ("Pumpkin" my potiron 37cm Bolide is on the right)
DSCN2983.jpg

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag:Victoria's Secret Totes
2. How much was it: Free with purchase :smile:
3. How often do you use it/what for: Yoga, Beach, carry-on
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: eh..
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $500-$700 on preloved like new LVs

Fav non designer bag: kipling challenger backpack

How much: $60 i think can't remember

How often/ what for: 4x/week whenever i'm out with dd and when we go on travel

Fav brands not designer:
- kipling. I really love kipling it's so light weight, has tons of pocket, to clean i can just throw in washing machine (i even put mine in dryer and it came out fine!). In fact i just bought another kipling (defea, a satchel with adjustable and detachable xbody strap) i can't wait to receive and start using it :biggrin:
- agnes b voyage tote
- longchamp totes (lol u can tell i love nylon bags but still u can't beat kiplings's price and organization!)

Most i've paid: slightly above 1.5k

Reactions: TanyaG
Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Jessica Simpson delfina hobo
How much was it: $99 on endless. But later I saw it in sale for $49 :sad:
How often do you use it/what for: Not often anymore. But I use it whenever I want a bright color bag. It's very comfy and still looks good after a couple years.
Favourite brands that aren't designer: these may still be considered designer: Matt n Nat, moop (etsy)
The most you've paid for a handbag: ~$2600 for a LV.
Attach image(s) for #1 if you can

Attachments

• image-684102375.png
    image-684102375.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 5,273
  • image-2878949010.png
    image-2878949010.png
    131 KB · Views: 5,216
1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: AllSaints large black leather messenger bought approx 5 yeas ago
2. How much was it: £90 (approx $120) in the sale - originally £220
3. How often do you use it/what for: when I'm feeling mean and moody and/or don't want to carry designer (rehearsal studio, ortdoor market etc) once a month (I have lots of bags)
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: AllSaints, J Fold, Libertys (but they're as expensive as designer)
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: too much to say 'out loud'
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can: I will try to another time

I love AllSaints! I always go into the store every time I pass by although I've never gotten the guts to actually buy something from the store even though I love the style. I find it hard to justify paying so much for clothing, even though it's nowhere as expensive as designer labels. I'd love to see a pic of your bag!

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Pale grey no-name satchel purchased in Paris; came with shoulder strap which I don't use
2. How much was it: 75 Euros (about $90)
3. How often do you use it/what for: Spring/summer use; it doesn't get a whole lot of action
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Dooney and Bourke--I really like the Dillen II large pocket satchel
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $6200 (a Birkin which I no longer own)
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can: It's the one on the left ("Pumpkin" my potiron 37cm Bolide is on the right)
DSCN2983.jpg

I really like the grey bag! I have trouble shopping for bags that have absolutely because it requires you to sift through so much other crappier bags.

And oooh...Birkin...

Fav non designer bag: kipling challenger backpack

How much: $60 i think can't remember

How often/ what for: 4x/week whenever i'm out with dd and when we go on travel

Fav brands not designer:
- kipling. I really love kipling it's so light weight, has tons of pocket, to clean i can just throw in washing machine (i even put mine in dryer and it came out fine!). In fact i just bought another kipling (defea, a satchel with adjustable and detachable xbody strap) i can't wait to receive and start using it :biggrin:
- agnes b voyage tote
- longchamp totes (lol u can tell i love nylon bags but still u can't beat kiplings's price and organization!)

Most i've paid: slightly above 1.5k

I'm a fan of nylon too. I used to love canvas bags. Only recently did I purchase my first leather bag.