Your Favorite Non-Designer Handbag?

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: My Kathy Van Zeeland fuchsia tote. It's very durable, waterproof, and great storage/function. I also love my Relic (Fossil cheaper brand) copper satchel. I get compliments over these bags over anything else I have like Coach.
2. How much was it: $19.99 for the Kathy Van Zeeland. $13 for the Relic.
3. How often do you use it/what for: I rotate them. Like them for outings and outdoors. I don't care if my kids mess them up.
4. Favorite brands that aren't designer: Don't really have a favorite, but I like B. Makowsky, Kathy Van Zeeland, and Tignanello for function and storage as well as a cute look.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: Not much because I'm not a big spender. I've been debating on whether I want to save up for a premier brand or seek out something hand made and unique. Bry_dee's bag is amazing! My co-worker brought home a leather satchel from France that is having me rethink my bag MO.
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can:

008-5.jpg
009-7.jpg

Last edited:
1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Coach Candace

2. How much was it: $450 (estimate)

3. How often do you use it: 4-6x in a month, not the days. I usually rotate my bags.

4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Coach, Longchamp, Dooney, Kate Spade, Cole Haan, Zara, BCBG MAXAZRIA,

5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $3,250 Chanel

6. Attach image(s) for #1: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376675329.304767.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376675296.801781.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376675296.801781.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 796
1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: J. Peterman Counterfeit Mailbag
2. How much was it: Currently retails for $349 but I got it from a thrift shop almost brand new at a value less than $ 10 when converted!
3. How often do you use it/what for: Once a week, and even during heavy rains! I needed to really age it more to get that vintage look of old U.S. Postal Service mailbags
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Hmmm... no brand leather bags actually.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: :biggrin:
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can:

This is really nice!

Can the definition of non-designer be clarified for me?

Scroll down this page, and my cigar box purse is a favorite: http://forum.purseblog.com/your-bag-showcase/yes-cute-bags-by-no-cute-405444-2.html

I guess to your own interpretation - someone in the thread put their coach bag that's over $400 as a non-designer. Technically she's right because there's no designer name attached to it. I was thinking more of non big-brands - but that's also hard to define - so non-expensive?

My intention for the thread is for people to show off bags they love from brands that usually don't get shown off too often :smile:

I guess to your own interpretation - someone in the thread put their coach bag that's over $400 as a non-designer. Technically she's right because there's no designer name attached to it. I was thinking more of non big-brands - but that's also hard to define - so non-expensive?

My intention for the thread is for people to show off bags they love from brands that usually don't get shown off too often :smile:

Ok, sorry I misunderstood that. I somehow thought designer as premium designer. :smile: If we consider Coach as "designer", then this would be my fave nondesigner ImageUploadedByPurseForum1377180100.170433.jpg

My favorite non-designer bag is the Giani Bernini (some Macy's house brand) "pebbly flap triple entry flap crossbody", in white. (http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...leather-triple-entry-flap-crossbody?ID=472456)

You can't tell from the pic, but it has like a million different compartments, and it's expandable/adjustable; the back has a built-in wallet. I only really wear it when I'm on vacation, since functionality always manages to ***** style haha. I bring my cute purses/shoes with me on vacation, but somehow end up just using this bag and my rainbows :P.

My new favorite non designer bag is the Lucky Brand Stash bag. I was gifted one by a friend who loves them and they are really one of the awesomest bags I've carried in a long time, really well designed and just the right size for me.
And the leather is really yummy! Love it!
I would put up a picture, but I've never been able to get that to work.
http://www.luckybrand.com/Leather-S...ult,pd.html?cgid=womensBags&selectedColor=210

I have a Lucky Stash Bag! I've had that bag for a long time and it's been tortured and still looks good! I also have a Lucky Whipstitch Tote; also a great bag. Those Lucky bags would probably be my favorite non-designer brand bags. I also have a large American Eagle messenger that I've used for work/travel for over a decade. It's still a great bag.