Your experience with Blue Nile?

I got my engagement ring from BN. Loved them for the value especially in comparison to places like Tiffanys for mid range diamonds. If you are looking for top quality especially with the cut, I have to be honest and say, go to graff but then you have to pay Graf prices.

Basically BN is a drop shipper. They contract with a number of jewelers and do not own their own diamonds. The only exception is the BN signature line which they do own. However, this does allow them to have a big selection that other vendors esp brick and mortar don't offer. Also, if you are looking for a specialized cut, they may not offer it. Hth!

Last edited:
I only have two small pieces from them. One is a pair of tiny diamond huggies from when they only sold 18k gold, they have detachable Pearl drops. They are very sparkly and I always get compliments.
I also have the bar bracelet and the diamonds really flash on the wrist.

We went through Blue Nile for my upgraded ring. They spent a lot of time on the phone with us, and were happy to answer any questions. All the stones we happened to ask about they had in-house, and most importantly they were honest about the stones (whether a person could see a flaw at arm's length, a foot away, etc., light return, colour). Of course, the stones were GIA certified, but that can only tell a person so much without seeing it in person. And although our setting was not custom, they were willing to make it in 18K yellow gold (which was not offered as an option online) and tweak little details. Their return policy is also great, so I've never been afraid to order from them.

Obviously, I kept the ring we ordered, and I have ordered and kept other pieces from them, too. However, there have been a couple I have returned (not their fault; I didn't pay attention to the measurements when I ordered), and the process was very easy. I would highly recommend Blue Nile.

I like Blue Nile because of their diamond upgrade policy. I bought a bezel pendant from them and my sister bought .75cttw diamond studs. The diamonds are all GIA certified and just as beautiful as my Brian Gavin studs.

I only have two small pieces from them. One is a pair of tiny diamond huggies from when they only sold 18k gold, they have detachable Pearl drops. They are very sparkly and I always get compliments.
I also have the bar bracelet and the diamonds really flash on the wrist.
Do you happen to know if they still sell the huggies/pearl drops you purchased? Or perhaps a photo of them? I would love to have a pair of these. Thank you in advance.

They are still available, but I must say there has been a significant price hike. I purchased mine for less than 500$.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,103
I've ordered loose diamonds as well as jewellery from BN and generally been very happy. The only quibble I've ever had was over a morganite and diamond ring where it became clear once I received it that they had touched-up the colour of the morganite on the website picture. In real life it was much paler. I wrote to them and they apologised and actually changed the picture on the website which I thought was very responsible. I kept the ring as I'm in Australia and I honestly couldn't be bothered sending it back - it's very nice just not quite as strong in colour as I expected :smile:

I'm curious about their diamond upgrade policy. Can any of you elaborate? :smile:

My husband bought my engagement ring from bluenile. We just upgraded the diamond as the anniversary present for me recently. As the website states, we sent back the ring with the original Gia reports and picked the diamond that we wanted to upgrade to which needs to at least double the price of the original diamond. We reused the original setting. So we just paid for the price difference between the 2 diamonds. When I got the ring back I was so surprised, they polished the ring so well it looked liked a brand new ring. I love it. I hope that helps.

Reactions: 993103164
My husband bought my engagement ring from bluenile. We just upgraded the diamond as the anniversary present for me recently. As the website states, we sent back the ring with the original Gia reports and picked the diamond that we wanted to upgrade to which needs to at least double the price of the original diamond. We reused the original setting. So we just paid for the price difference between the 2 diamonds. When I got the ring back I was so surprised, they polished the ring so well it looked liked a brand new ring. I love it. I hope that helps.

Thanks for this info!!