Your experience with Blue Nile?

I got something with yellow diamonds so I can't complain. I thought price, size, value were all well balanced and I had no problems paying them for something they delivered great on.

I have purchased several pieces from Blue Nile and all excellent quality and detail. Like anything, you pay for what you get. They have some high end stuff and some more reasonably priced/average quality stuff.

I bought my Michele Deco watch from them....they had originally sent me a defective watch but when I called them about it they were very friendly, helpful, and quick to send me a new watch. I would buy from them again!

My fiance bought me a sterling silver heart necklace from BN for me while I was working in the oil field. I wore it everyday and made sure to wash it every night. After about two months, the rhodium plating wore off on certain parts of the heart and it looks spotted.

None of the silver I had worn previously had tarnished like this, but then again, none of the pieces I own are rhodium plated, so I was surprised.

I called and asked them about this, and they suggested I take it to a store to get it 'replated'.

That experience wasn't good. But I have had a couple of friends who purchasd e-rings from BN and have been extremely happy.

I bought a sapphire/diamond eternity band from Tiffany for something like $7,000. Knowing that the ring was way overpriced as it was from Tiffany, I looked at Blue Nile, found the same ring for 1/3 the cost, and ordered it. Comparing the 2 rings side-by-side, we had to be careful that we didn't mix them up, as they were identical in design, stone size/quality, and overall look. The only difference was that inside the band of the Tiffany ring it said 'Tiffany'. We showed the rings to several people and asked them which was the better quality ring. No one could really say that one was better than the other, they couldn't tell the difference between the two. The Tiffany ring was returned.

My friends' mother has a GIANT (I mean GIGANTIC!!) Citrine ring she got on Blue Nile. It's amazingly gorgeous -- and she searched the globe for the perfect one. She had it checked out and appraised after she got it, and I'm tellin' ya - the rock is FABULOUS!!!!

I have never purchased diamonds from BN, but I have purchased gold and silver pieces that I have been very happy with. They have quality products and wonderful customer service. I would definitely shop with them again.

I've bought jewelry from them for both myself and for friends. Only on one occasion was I disappointed (with a bracelet that looked a little too delicate once I received it). The return was fairly quick and easy, though. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

i bought my mom earrings from BN & i've been happy with hte quality. i did pearls/diamond studs a few years back... I actually borrowed them from her last year for my wedding... and then i got her diamond studs for her bday. i think the photos are in the reference threads... sparkly. i used the "build your own" for the diamond & i think i got what i paid for. i'd buy again from them.... (if i had money! lol)