Your experience with Blue Nile?

Speaking from the perspective of a Jeweler, their prices are great. They can afford to markup only 20% as they drop ship and do not stock much inventory in diamonds. Most of the diamonds sold are never even seen by bluenile. I think they are a great place to go when trying to see if your brick & morter jeweler is giving you a good price or just to comparison shop online.
I posted this on the other thread:

"I'm very familiar with BlueNile because several of my friends are exclusive dealers with them. They have a very interesting set up that runs very smoothly. Most diamonds are not even in house or ever seen by them! They have many diamond dealers across the country that they contract with to upload their inventory online. The dealers must guarantee all stones they list to be in stock or they can be kicked out of the Blue Nile program. The dealers are trained in how to package and ship items and given all necessary materials to drop ship the diamonds for Blue Nile to Blue Nile customers.

Their markup is very low which of course in turn irritates mall or inflated retail jewelers, but as a jeweler, I am glad that diamond prices are finally resembling some form of reality."

I have purchased many things from them, including 18k gold, platinum, and diamond items. My only disappointment was a pair of pre-made diamond stud earrings. Many people thought they were beautiful, but to my extremely picky eyes, the cut and color weren't good enough. They were great in taking them back, and I later purchased AGS ideal cut, E color,VS studs from their 'build your own' section. They are gorgeous, and I NEVER could have gotten studs of that quality for the price I paid without tons of hunting and bargaining. Love Blue Nile.

My Fiance got my engagement ring from bluenile. A 1.01 princess cut platinum, can't remember the specs, but jewelers in the area priced it at about 8k, he got it for right around 5k.

I love my ring, he made it in the build your own section.

While I haven't purchased diamonds from Blue Nile, I have purchased gold there. They have MUCH better prices and quality than anywhere else I've seen, including other online retailers. I was very pleased with the quality and price of the pieces I've purchased and with the customer service, shipping and packaging. I would highly recommend them.

The problem with blue nile(& other online stores) is they manify the image quite a bit so take that into consideration. I purchased a pair of earring that looked much smaller when arrived & the diamond were much smaller & very cloudy too. I think they enhance the image in some way. I heard somewhere that images of jewelry are coated with vaseline so diamond & gems look brighter. I'd rather see item in person before purchase so I know exactly what I'm getting. The only way I purchase online is if it's brand name & I know the product already.

I bought a bezel set diamond solitare from BN but ended up returning it. The chain was cheapy-looking in comparison to Tiffany necklaces, which is what I'm used to. Ended up buying a solitare from Tiffany instead.

I just made my first purchase this week! I'm thrilled with the quality of my ring! Customer service was great and I received my ring extremely fast! I will definitely shop with them again. I wanted to mention I did lots of research online and in stores for an eternity band of the same quality and their price was lower than most! Plus I didn't have to pay tax which is huge for me because its 10% in Chicago!

Hi, you're not gonna get much feedback in this section. I suggest you repost this query in the jewelry box section. There are a myriad of threads on BF diamonds. If you run a search you'll get your answer. ;)

My engagement and wedding rings are from them. My ring is beautiful, Tiffany like quality. I have the GIA report that an appraiser did for us, for insurance purposes, and the ring appraised for much more than what my hubby paid for. We also did the appraisal to be sure that my husband bought a quality diamond since you have 30 days to return it. They are a great company and the returns are super easy and they have great diamonds without the hefty price (still pricey) that you'll paid if you choose to buy one from one of the top diamond sellers.