your choice of fur

Have you ladies ever felt unsafe wearing your furs? Have you been/ are you concerned about being targeted by anti-fur protesters? Just thinking - bad enough if, say, they throw paint at your coat, but if you're carrying one of your treasured Birkins or Kellys at the time...:wtf:

omg i never even THOUGHT of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

As we have such great fur aficionados on here would anyone like to hazard a guess as to the make of this one on Miroslava? It would be perfect for me, just my style. H_addict suggested J Mendel

attachment.php

looks like valentin yudashkin! it reminds me of things done by him

but with furs a definite answer can be rarely given who knows it could even come from a local fur house as moscow has plenty (very good ones at that )

Personally I would choose a non-desinger name. I own fur and I don't believe in paying the price the "name" tag carries. I can get just as good quality if not even better for a lot less. First I don't want the coat to last forever, and secondly, it's not style/look like say a Kelly or a Birkin.

I got one fur from a manufacturer. When I store it I store with a high end fur place simply out of convienince and they do a good job on cleaninger etc. They told me what their price is for the same coat. More than double if not tripple.

So basically no label on fur for me. Quality in H is there, for fur, I can have the same quality and good workmanship, without paying for the "name".

Hope no one is offened.

Personally I would choose a non-desinger name. I own fur and I don't believe in paying the price the "name" tag carries. I can get just as good quality if not even better for a lot less. First I don't want the coat to last forever, and secondly, it's not style/look like say a Kelly or a Birkin.

I got one fur from a manufacturer. When I store it I store with a high end fur place simply out of convienince and they do a good job on cleaninger etc. They told me what their price is for the same coat. More than double if not tripple.

So basically no label on fur for me. Quality in H is there, for fur, I can have the same quality and good workmanship, without paying for the "name".

Hope no one is offened.

nono somewhat i agree with that! for classic or "basic" styles it is often better to go to independent furriers ( i listed two myslef)
you can find verrry good quality there (especially important if you go for white furs as you do not want them to yellow or chinchilla you do not want the parting pelts that are good quality on first look but not on the second etc so many bad chinchilla examples at the sicialites thread ughh)
designer for me is worth it when the design is extraordinary using very difficult ctting or draping tecniques (or even embroideries) that simly noone else can do

about the qality well as i said abouve you can find good or so-so qulity at every place so best be informed on what to look out for before comitting to a purchase!

I generally go for mink coats. I have 3 in different colors/lengths: ivory sheared with sable long, iris blue sheared short and brown sheared with Fox. I also own a short chinchilla casual coat and some vintage really short jackets. I tend to wear them only when I am out with my bf. In Canada there is not a lot of fur on the street, so to wear it alone I would not feel safe. I would be probably absolutely devastated if someone attacked me on the street for wearing fur and did something to the coat, knowing how much I paid for it.

I hear you lilach. Now at my age in life, I want a nice classic simple style. I know about the white turning yellow so I avoid white, lol. Chinchilla, I do agree, embroidery etc, of course.

I suppose I was talking about the basics like a blackglamma or black willow (or is it widow) mink as an example. The top of the line pelt in a simple style, well made will be the same to me as if it had a desinger label. Of course for certain desings, embroiders, workmanship like that, yes, but I was thinking for myself stricky, where these days the style I choose is more simple and classic.

I want a sable. I will have to have it made to fit. I'm not a 12 on top. I would like my mink style in a sable. That would suit me just fine or something very similar.

I guess I was thinking for myself. Not in the sense of actually a "style". I hope that makes sense.

Also fur does wear out. I'm sorry, better quality may last but if you truely wear your fur and I wear mine, I have no qualms about wearing mink to the grocery store and Costco, I have and would wear my sable doing errands like that.

So what I mean is that fur is to me at least, less durable than a leather bag. So I'm not sure I would want to spend the big bucks on a "label". Good quality, good workmanship, but don't need the "name".

No offense meant. I hope that makes sense. And btw, here where I live, you will see women in mink going to the grocery or Costco. It's not unique. It's cold. We wear our furs. Some ladies have one fur coat, and no matter how much they paid, they wear it when it's cold.
hope this makes sense.

ITA with what everyone is saying here. If my furrier can do the same cut as dennis basso could for that 3/4 coat hc was mentioning (btw I think the one you tried on was the golden sable. If you try on that bArgazin I think you would DIE. They offered me 85k for that and alas it was already 50% off!!!!), I would totally take it. The thing with brands, such ad basso, is their cut. Man if I wear a fur I prefer not to look like a bear LOL!

Furs, like bags are very personal. I have purchased them from Neiman's because I am very loyal to the store and trust my salesperson. I have 4 furs which I love for varying reasons.

1. My best fur is a sheared mink/shearling jacket pierced by Giuliana Teso. It's a stunning design, yet still wearable. I get stopped on the street when I wear it. In fact, I wore it today! I got stopped (at Hermes!) :smile:

2. I have a reversible mink leather bomber jacket that I got at Neiman's on a huge sale one August a couple of years ago. It's my workhorse fur. I wear it most days.

3. I have a Louis Feraud sheared beaver/mink vest. LOVE IT!!!

4. I have a full-length Blackgama mink coat that I inherited from my Mom. I nicknamed it "The Beast."

You know what's really weird, I am thinking about PURCHASING a cloth coat to fit in more. So I will be spending $$$ to look like I am spending less. I have not quite resolved this in my mind yet.