"You purse looks...plain..." exclaimed my coworker

doesn't your heart just go out to her though. ugh, what a pain. boy, in just a few days we had one thread launched about defending yourself/bag against muggers, and now it's doing the same against coworkers without manners. tsk tsk.

Simplyprincess - that is the best story! I love it. This "fashion-forward" person can't see fashion if it bit her on the nose. I am sure after googling it she will want to look at it more carefully.

P.S. That it what I love about Hermes. It is so understatedly elegant!

just remember to take a deep breath and summon all the dignity befitting an hermes bag. might help to brace yourself for her possible cheap shots too (she will likely raise an eyebrow to the price tag, no?).
if she says anything really vulgar, like, "i didn't recognize that it was hermes, it doesn't look like one" or anything crazy like that, i think you'd feel plenty good if you smiled as sweetly as possible and replied, "oh don't feel bad. i think it takes a connoisseur to truly appreciate the quality" and then get out of there fast!
good luck.

Oh yes I do love this^! I do have a feeling she wants to debate this. She is the type of person who must know it all and have the last word in everything. Your advice will definitely be used in good grace:heart:. I will act with as much dignity as I can summon :yes:.

Ooooh here comes round 2!!! Staff meeting in 15 min. Lets see how much dignity I can muster-up LOL. Great I can see her eyeing me. Should I bring Miss Birkin to the meeting???? But of course!!! Ok here i go putting on the sweet face. I'll keep you informed!

Hey, Simplyprincess I'd rather be plain and be able to wear my bag in ten years rather than have the bag of the moment and have someone think geez that bag was so summer 2007.

Well at least it doesn't look like

a. a steamroller backed over it about 12 times, followed by a herd of cattle. Or like it was pulled out of the Goodwill bin in the early 80's (I love goodwill, so no insults there!!)
b. it's screaming label bag...mmm copious amounts of plaid and canvas labels!
c. it's covered in giant oversized padlocks for no good reason and trendy for about a year or two more
d. it reflects like tin foil

no offense to those of you who own said bags!! :biggrin:

I love Hermes for how understated it is! I like the fact that I can carry a luxurious bag that no one will recognize; I don't care for calling attention to whatever funds I have. Plus I'd rather buy one eternally classic bag every year then buy 6 of-the-moment bags per year. It's wasteful and ridiculous, plus if you sell them you won't get half of what you paid for them if you wait too long.

Tacky of her to say anything in the first place, bleh! :rolleyes:

Well at least it doesn't look like

a. a steamroller backed over it about 12 times, followed by a herd of cattle. Or like it was pulled out of the Goodwill bin in the early 80's (I love goodwill, so no insults there!!)
b. it's screaming label bag...mmm copious amounts of plaid and canvas labels!
c. it's covered in giant oversized padlocks for no good reason and trendy for about a year or two more
d. it reflects like tin foil

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Aaah, I am looking forward to round 2!

I also am looking forward to a possible round 3 when she comes to the office with her own Birkin that she got on ebay from that trusted seller in China!